ADVERTISEMENT

Ray Tanner is the smartest AD in NCAA

cockamammy

Aug 11, 2011
Except for all you know it alls on here. Im sure after you clock out of whatever fast food restaurant you work at you sift thru the hundreds of emails begging you to come be their AD. Yes i should be happy TODAY. I am…but after talking smack to clempscum all night im now coming after you. I think i hate you more than clempscum. SUPPORT YOUR TEAM. Show more class if you have to criticize a coach player or admin. Or just shut TF up and stay in your moms basement

Except for all you know it alls on here. Im sure after you clock out of whatever fast food restaurant you work at you sift thru the hundreds of emails begging you to come be their AD. Yes i should be happy TODAY. I am…but after talking smack to clempscum all night im now coming after you. I think i hate you more than clempscum. SUPPORT YOUR TEAM. Show more class if you have to criticize a coach player or admin. Or just shut TF up and stay in your moms basement
Cockamamie……….are you smokin, or drinking??😵‍💫

Tanner is smart guy. Probably no debating that. But he is not a good athletic director. I feel that I support the football team by saying that- because if we made a better hire 10 years ago- Clemson never would have won like 8 straight games.
His predecessor hired horn.
Tanner is smart guy. Probably no debating that. But he is not a good athletic director. I feel that I support the football team by saying that- because if we made a better hire 10 years ago- Clemson never would have won like 8 straight games.
his predecessor made mistakes. (Horn) Didnt always hit home runs. Nobody does. Criticism is fine if its respectable. But there were haters before shane walked into cock command central. And its the same people who give up when we fall behind. Declare a seasin lost in september. And act like they have all the answers. Their answers were all wrong. Ray was right. So today they can suck it

Reactions: tngamecock#
His predecessor hired horn.

his predecessor made mistakes. (Horn) Didnt always hit home runs. Nobody does. Criticism is fine if it’s respectable. But there were haters before shane walked into cock command central. And it’s the same people who give up when we fall behind. Declare a seasin lost in september. And act like they have all the answers. Their answers were all wrong. Ray was right. So today they can suck it

Mrs. Tanner? Is this you?

Karen, IMO USC should have parted ways with your hubby two years ago. A win over TN and Clem doesn’t change that. But I think we all realize by now that Ray is staying regardless of how good or bad the football team is. Your lifestyle is safe!

Last edited:
Reactions: Cockytalk84
Why can't we just enjoy a big win without eating our young? It is freaking exasperating. Nobody on this damn site knows whether Beamer will be the best coach in our history or just another miss. You may think you do but you really don't. Just enjoy an almost miraculous 8 win season, an utter dismantlement of UT and a win at Clemson. How can that not be enough for some of you?? It's ridiculous.

Why can't we just enjoy a big win without eating our young? It is freaking exasperating. Nobody on this damn site knows whether Beamer will be the best coach in our history or just another miss. You may think you do but you really don't. Just enjoy an almost miraculous 8 win season, an utter dismantlement of UT and a win at Clemson. How can that not be enough for some of you?? It's ridiculous.
We can enjoy it but its time for the new carolina to begin. . Tanner and Beamer have proved themselves. And all the doubters and haters who rooted against beamer just so they could be right about tanner have now been proven wrong. Its time for those so called fans to be called out as losers just like clempson deserves to suffer in the face of reality. Its time for all of them to shut up and get on board or just go away. The constant negativity is our past. Not the present or future.

We can enjoy it but its time for the new carolina to begin. . Tanner and Beamer have proved themselves. And all the doubters and haters who rooted against beamer just so they could be right about tanner have now been proven wrong. Its time for those so called fans to be called out as losers just like clempson deserves to suffer in the face of reality. Its time for all of them to shut up and get on board or just go away. The constant negativity is our past. Not the present or future.
"I crown us kings of rings. Lets give everybody a ring since we do have 1 SEC win this year."

The quote above (Sept 2017) was your last post until the victory on Saturday. However, feel free to pass around your crystal ball material for the holiday season.

Whoever picked Muschamp, and then gave him a contract that allowed him to crash the football program, and walkaway with $15,000,000 needed to be criticized at the very least.

Was Beamer a good hire? It is still too early to determine. He looks fantastic right now. I hope his success continues. Just keep in mind that Muschamp looked fantastic after two seasons also.

Reactions: Crazy Cock 89

Jesus here come the coach worshipers. If you think Tanner is a competent AD you sure don't know shi$ about shi$.

Reactions: Cockytalk84
Whoever picked Muschamp, and then gave him a contract that allowed him to crash the football program, and walkaway with $15,000,000 needed to be criticized at the very least.

Was Beamer a good hire? It is still too early to determine. He looks fantastic right now. I hope his success continues. Just keep in mind that Muschamp looked fantastic after two seasons also.
Post of the year! Anybody who thought Muschamp was head coach material back then was a dumbass. He obviously learned something from his mistakes.

The real test for Beamer is going to be next year. This team had a strong core from Muschamp's best recruiting classes. Beamer added a few pieces that really helped it be a strong team.

Next year if the first year Beamer has a test with so many players potentially being gone. If Beamer can go 8-4 or better next year we know we have a coach.

But I fear we're going to big him the big extension now and then panic next year if we see regression next season.

The real test for Beamer is going to be next year. This team had a strong core from Muschamp's best recruiting classes. Beamer added a few pieces that really helped it be a strong team.

Next year if the first year Beamer has a test with so many players potentially being gone. If Beamer can go 8-4 or better next year we know we have a coach.

But I fear we're going to big him the big extension now and then panic next year if we see regression next season.
Next year's team will have a lot of new faces - a lot of them.

Maybe. We will be better. Beamer bashers gonba bash. Especially on this site. You guys get to be know it all heroes to each other and never admit to being wrong. Tanner did good and deserves credit but u haters have to defend your opinions

Oh its obvious you are full of fear. You should be tiger. Next years gonna be miserable for u

All I know is RT better be smart enough to show Beamer the money. Don’t play around with a raise based on last year’s pay. Lock this guy down with a 5-year extension with a base salary of $8 million per year. He is a superb coach. Just to hear the players chanting “Beamer Ball” tells you a lot about how they respect him.

Reactions: lexgamecock
All I know is RT better be smart enough to show Beamer the money. Don’t play around with a raise based on last year’s pay. Lock this guy down with a 5-year extension with a base salary of $8 million per year. He is a superb coach. Just to hear the players chanting “Beamer Ball” tells you a lot about how they respect him.
Yes and give him carte blanche on assistants money also.

Other than the "10 years" part, that is cogent.

Last edited:

Why the overreaction? Who is beating down the door to hire Beamer?

What happens if we regress the next two seasons and you still owe him $24 million heading into 2025?

Pay him more....just do not add years to contract yet give it another year or two see how it goes...see what happened with muschamp.

Reactions: Ward Jr
Let's look for confirmation/continuation next season before we handcuff ourselves again with an underwater deal. I personally hope the raise is around 500K with a year or two extension. Up until the last two games, things looked very iffy at best. If he decides to shop around, so be it. At least we're not prisoner to a ridiculous long-term agreement. Big incentives are fine. Big contracts and buyouts are not.

Let's look for confirmation/continuation next season before we handcuff ourselves again with an underwater deal. I personally hope the raise is around 500K with a year or two extension. Up until the last two games, things looked very iffy at best. If he decides to shop around, so be it. At least we're not prisoner to a ridiculous long-term agreement. Big incentives are fine. Big contracts and buyouts are not.

Those who want to throw money at Beamer will be the same ones calling for his head if the first 10 games of 2023 in any way resembles the first 10 of 2022.

Reactions: uscwatson21
Yeah, let’s not give him the ‘Muschamp clause’ this soon.
Muschamp never beat Tennessee and Clemson back to back. Muschamp, nor Spurrier for that matter, ever beat Texas A&M. None of our past head coaches ever knocked off two top ten teams back to back.

Muschamp never beat Tennessee and Clemson back to back. Muschamp, nor Spurrier for that matter, ever beat Texas A&M. None of our past head coaches ever knocked off two top ten teams back to back.

Muschamp never coached against A&M and Clemson teams that were this bad though.

Bentley and the 2018 team would have thrown for 700 yards against this Clemson team.

Reactions: Crazy Cock 89

Have no idea how Beamer will turn out....but it looks like he's gonna say get a champ like contract

It is still way to early in beamers tenure to say how he is going turn out....things can change very quickly!

Beamer definitely deserves a raise as do several of the assistants. I am more worried about Tanner being a cheapskate than over paying. I think Tanner has learned his lesson on the buyout. But we will see.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT