ADVERTISEMENT

Reason #47 Why Tuesday’s Game vs Ole Miss is Important

SCarFanInBama

Dec 8, 2015
There are plenty of reasons why the game Tuesday is a big one. Hell, the entirety of this upcoming 3-game stretch vs Ole Miss, at Miss St, and vs Bama is huge. All 3 of those teams are still fightin for a tourney spot — both sides are gonna treat each of those respective games as must wins. I reckon we gotta win 2 of 3 to stay alive for the tourney ourselves. These are gon’ be battles. Gon’ be real fun to watch.

This game Tuesday though is for control of 4th place in the conference. We finish 4th and we don’t have to play until Friday of the conference tourney. Frank has said in the past that he really wants to play on Saturday in that tournament, and I’d love trekkin up to Nashville for a weekend game myself. The easiest route to Saturday is by finishing in the top 4 and sittin back and resting ‘til Friday.

Reasonable minds can differ on that strategy — occassionally some TV guy will argue that gettin lathered up in a Thursday game makes ya at least faster out of the gate come Friday, against a team that isn’t already acclimated to the intensity level of win-or-go-home games. But we’ve only got 8 scholarship guys left. And in light of where Frink is at developmentally, FM is goin huge stretches of games with only a 7-man rotation. I say gimme all the byes we can get.

Ole Miss still has home games left vs Tennessee and Kentucky, so a loss on Tuesday doesn’t totally doom our chances at the 4-seed if we win out. But a W tuesday makes the road to the 4-seed a lot easier. Which boosts my odds of gettin hammered in nashville in a couple weeks. Big game. Go Cocks

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.