ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Class

lowcountry_cock13

Oct 12, 2017
I keep hearing people complain “Beamer was suppose to be a better recruiter” or “This class is underwhelming”.

This class is not on Beamer. He was hired days before early signing period when most players committ. It takes months and years of recruiting players before they commit and sign with a school. Muschamp had a solid two months to recruit before signing day (No early period) for his first class. He was also only 2 years removed from a program that went 33-6 over 3 years. We are 7 years removed from those days, with two rough years in the past. Unable to meet a single recruit in person this year. Judge Beamer on next years recruiting class and please take into consideration that this class doesn’t reflect the future.

Screw recruiting. Screw Clemson. If we wet the bed next year on the field, we will be in a world of hurt.

We need some major, major breaks next year on the field and in recruiting.

Last edited:
Screw recruiting. Screw Clemson. If we wet the bed next year on the field, we will be in a world of hurt.

Yes, at this point Shane has to become a coach. It’s up to him to extract the maximum production from what he’s got. Win with inferior talent. Tough job but that’s why he gets paid the big bucks.

Reactions: Brace1
Ray Tanners poor leadership, laziness and attention to what was happening as set our football program back over a decade.

When a Coach who propelled our program to a historic level wants to retire on a high note, let him retire and find a replacement ASAP. Don’t beg him to stay and allow him to do nothing for 4 years. Ray doesn’t want to.... or isn’t capable of doing his job.
The university needs to invest in a GOOD Athletic Director, or mark my words..... it will be continued mediocrity under Big Ray.

Last edited:
Ray Tanners poor leadership, laziness and attention to what was happening as set our football program back over a decade.

When a Coach who propelled our program to a historic level wants to retire on a high note, let him retire and find a replacement ASAP. Don’t beg him to stay and allow him to do nothing for 4 years. Ray doesn’t want to.... or isn’t capable of doing his job.
The university needs to invest in a GOOD Athletic Director, or mark my words..... it will be continued mediocrity under Big Ray.

Set us back a decade? Where do you come up with this crap?

He did NOT beg him to stay. That story left the station a long time ago, but people still want to bring it up.

Make all the excuses you want, but Lane and Pittman had the same issues Beamer did in their first recruiting classes last year. Both those guys did far better than Shane.
Shane's in over his head

Make all the excuses you want, but Lane and Pittman had the same issues Beamer did in their first recruiting classes last year. Both those guys did far better than Shane.
Shane's in over his head

Wow, didn’t realize Lane and Pittman both dealt last year with Covid issues and no personal contact with recruits. Thanks for filling us in!!!

You better get your mouth set and plenty of alcohol. Because they will curb stomp us again unfortunately. It will take YEARS to get back to any semblance of at best 7 to 9 wins. YEARS!!!!

Shane's in over his head
They did not.

Wow, didn’t realize Lane and Pittman both dealt last year with Covid issues and no personal contact with recruits. Thanks for filling us in!!!

Make all the excuses you want. Fact is Beamer has never proven he can do a thing. All he has proven is he can sign a disastrous class and have a laughable time finding assistants.

In 4 yeara you will be calling for his head. Enjoy the honeymoon

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Let’s see:

Didn’t deal with covid, no evals, no camps, no in person recruiting.

No free transfer rules

Much better recruiting classes by previous coaches

Coaches didn’t get fired early destroying the current recruiting class

Both previous coaches were not lame duck coaches going into the season

None of them walked a week into signing day with only 10 verbal commitments

I like Beamer’s energy! Recruiting has changed drastically in the past few years, more and more recruits sign in December. He had barely been here before the first signing day. The transfer portal recruits bump this class substantially. I could be wrong, but I truly believe Beamer is what USC has needed for years, a high energy, younger, family valued coach to build the program!

Make all the excuses you want. Fact is Beamer has never proven he can do a thing. All he has proven is he can sign a disastrous class and have a laughable time finding assistants.

BS. He has proven he can coach, he has proven to be a good evaluator of talent.

• Haha
Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
The only person to reasonably blame for this class and the overall state of things, is Ray Tanner. We’re going on a decade of his “leadership” and we might the worst overall we’ve ever been
I thought we were still blaming spurrier and the Bentley’s?

Reactions: Brace1
There is nothing anyone can do regarding 2021 recruiting. That was already cast in stone. 2022 will be the time when we can begin to evaluate the recruiting skills of this staff. If they can land some high level prospects it will be a good sign. If they bring in more of the same we are in for a long stint in the desert. After the 2023 recruiting season we will know if this staff has a chance to be successful in this league. If they can't land some great recruits by then it will likely be 6 -8 years from now before we have any chance of being relevant. I am hopeful, but not optimistic they can get it done. Anyone who doesn't have a healthy skepticism about this situation has to be a moron. Being hopeful and positive like many people are is one thing, but being dumbass blind is altogether different.

I wonder the last year we didn't grab a player in the ESPN top 300...???

I want to believe guys, I'm hoping we get it turned around

Reactions: Brace1 and 76MACC

Wow. Some trolls just don’t even attempt to hide it. Lol
But then again also look at who “liked” your post. That says as much as anything else

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT