ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Class

I know many have asked.
but really why do you continue to come to a gamecock board ?
To each his own but seems strange is all
Simply put he is human garbage and he thrives on being dunked on all day like some limp dick masochist

I don't think Coach Beamer can be blamed for this years recruiting or the many ass beatings we are going to take in the fall. It's not fair to him.
I am going to watch how we do compared to Tennessee. They have the same issues we do plus an ncaa hammer hanging over them. There is no excuse for Tennessee to blow past us.
We should be ahead of Tennessee for the next 5 years minimum with good coaching IMO.

I don't think Coach Beamer can be blamed for this years recruiting or the many ass beatings we are going to take in the fall. It's not fair to him.
I am going to watch how we do compared to Tennessee. They have the same issues we do plus an ncaa hammer hanging over them. There is no excuse for Tennessee to blow past us.
We should be ahead of Tennessee for the next 5 years minimum with good coaching IMO.
Im afraid they will be ahead of us almost every recruiting cycle. They almost always are. I wish they would've kept Pruitt. At least he sucked at coaching.

Reactions: SOSUSC
Im afraid they will be ahead of us almost every recruiting cycle. They almost always are. I wish they would've kept Pruitt. At least he sucked at coaching.
Well Pruitt is a goober, but he passed Coach Muschamp in no time, which pisses me off.
Tennessee has the same coaching change/player defection issues we do. Their fans are already bching about the new AD. They have the NCAA on them hard. The only way Tennessee could outperform Carolina the next few years is with better coaching IMO. I hope that does not happen, but they did hire a proven guy.

Reactions: rogue cock
Wow. Some trolls just don’t even attempt to hide it. Lol
But then again also look at who “liked” your post. That says as much as anything else

He is a Troll? Are you delusional.or do you have comprehension and inference issues?

Simply put he is human garbage and he thrives on being dunked on all day like some limp dick masochist

Are you some kind of sycophant? Much like Ray and Beamer do you? Wait until they have some sort of success before throwing platitudes at them. It is no wonder we continue to suck with fans like you holding on to these administrators.

Are you some kind of sycophant? Much like Ray and Beamer do you? Wait until they have some sort of success before throwing platitudes at them. It is no wonder we continue to suck with fans like you holding on to these administrators.
I’m just calling y’all our for being piss babies whining about the ranking when totally dismissing the impact our transfers will have

I’m just calling y’all our for being piss babies whining about the ranking when totally dismissing the impact our transfers will have
You have no way of knowing how the transfers will work out. Going purely on things that can be quantified in this class, it is horrible, no other way to discern it. Yes they may come in and light the world and the SEC on fire, but common sense and probability says they probably won't.

You have no way of knowing how the transfers will work out. Going purely on things that can be quantified in this class, it is horrible, no other way to discern it. Yes they may come in and light the world and the SEC on fire, but common sense and probability says they probably won't.
How can it be quantified? How are high school recruits in a year with zero camps and workouts a better indicator of players that actually played or have spent time playing better than high school competition?

Reactions: Lakecock1
How can it be quantified? How are high school recruits in a year with zero camps and workouts a better indicator of players that actually played or have spent time playing better than high school competition?
Read my statement, there are things in this class that are quantifiable, recruiting rankings from high school players. If you take your position you could argue Alabama didn't sign a highly rated class, since there were no evaluations or camps. That's just foolish logic, so it's probably fair based on high school kids we signed to rank us so low.

Regarding transfers, they are never included in rankings therefore they aren't quantifiable in a technical sense. They may be game changers or they may not, but saying our recruiting ranking sucks is not inaccurate.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Read my statement, there are things in this class that are quantifiable, recruiting rankings from high school players. If you take your position you could argue Alabama didn't sign a highly rated class, since there were no evaluations or camps. That's just foolish logic, so it's probably fair based on high school kids we signed to rank us so low.

Regarding transfers, they are never included in rankings therefore they aren't quantifiable in a technical sense. They may be game changers or they may not, but saying our recruiting ranking sucks is not inaccurate.
I am saying recruiting rankings in the covid era are not accurate. I am saying transfers that player college football are a more known commodity than three star high school kids in covid era.

We have 11 signed high school kids, I would put whatever wager that the success rate on the transfers will be higher than the high school kidsc

I am saying recruiting rankings in the covid era are not accurate. I am saying transfers that player college football are a more known commodity than three star high school kids in covid era.

We have 11 signed high school kids, I would put whatever wager that the success rate on the transfers will be higher than the high school kidsc
So therefore Bama and Ohio State and Clemson rankings aren't accurate? Would you wager the success of our transfers will be greater than those 4 and 5 star kids they signed in this covid era? That's basically the argument you are making.

So therefore Bama and Ohio State and Clemson rankings aren't accurate? Would you wager the success of our transfers will be greater than those 4 and 5 star kids they signed in this covid era? That's basically the argument you are making.
No. It's not. He's just confused why so many of you have to come on here and bash future gamecocks.

No. It's not. He's just confused why so many of you have to come on here and bash future gamecocks.
His logic is flawed, we signed a bunch of three stars from high school, then he says the rankings are inaccurate this year because these players couldn't be properly evaluated. He then goes on to say our transfers will outperform these 3 stars improperly evaluated in a.covid year. Using that logic
So pointing out a kids recruiting ranking is now bashing? Wow what a sensitive bunch.

Less accurate than normal sure. Margin of error and judgment on five stars is smaller than three stars and low fours- you know that

His logic is flawed, we signed a bunch of three stars from high school, then he says the rankings are inaccurate this year because these players couldn't be properly evaluated. He then goes on to say our transfers will outperform these 3 stars improperly evaluated in a.covid year. Using that logic
So pointing out a kids recruiting ranking is now bashing? Wow what a sensitive bunch.

Right. You’re real. Everyone else is sensitive. Classic.

Let me put it this way, how many of our transfers have a legit chance of starting or significant playing time day one vs our high schoolers?

Right. You’re real. Everyone else is sensitive. Classic.
You're a piece of work and really have problems with reading comprehension. Tell me where I bashed any recruits, I simply pointed out his entire premise is based on hope of transfers, that even YOU have no idea whether they will ever see the field. If you are too blind to admit this was a horrible recruiting class, then you're not much of a realist.

Let me put it this way, how many of our transfers have a legit chance of starting or significant playing time day one vs our high schoolers?
Well you are isolating your argument to a team that is coming off 3 wins. Pose that same question to a mediocre SEC team (which we aren't at the moment) and how many of.these transfers would start on these middle of.the pack teams? So yes, while some may start over these "high schoolers" on our current team, how high a bar or standard are they having to clear is perhaps a better question.

You're a piece of work and really have problems with reading comprehension. Tell me where I bashed any recruits, I simply pointed out his entire premise is based on hope of transfers, that even YOU have no idea whether they will ever see the field. If you are too blind to admit this was a horrible recruiting class, then you're not much of a realist.

You: "Tell me where I bashed any recruits"
Also you: "This was a horrible recruiting class"

Your brilliance is astounding.

Well you are isolating your argument to a team that is coming off 3 wins. Pose that same question to a mediocre SEC team (which we aren't at the moment) and how many of.these transfers would start on these middle of.the pack teams? So yes, while some may start over these "high schoolers" on our current team, how high a bar or standard are they having to clear is perhaps a better question.
Because they help us now which is important. Would you have rather took 7 high school kids that have little chance of helping us but would put our ranking in the 40s?

You: "Tell me where I bashed any recruits"
Also you: "This was a horrible recruiting class"

Your brilliance is astounding.
So in Coconuts world, this was a GREAT class, saying anything contrary is detrimental to the team. In fact Clemson and Bama would be so lucky to assemble this strong a class. Do I have it right now?

• Haha
Reactions: Silver_Coconut
You know, I don't know. I've long thought a lot of recruiting analysts are stupid (let's not forget the stars for the fictional recruit just because they thought Alabama offered him). But I don't think Clemson's staff uses the stars at all. I just can't see Elliot or Venables offering a player they haven't personally seen and signed off on (only Stanford has offered fewer players than them the last 3 years). That's why their 3 Stars usually end up being good (Etienne and Simmons are really recent examples). So I agree that Rivals and 247 are probably off this year (I think they're actually underrating Clemson's class). But you're crazy if you don't think Ohio State's and Clemson's classes are top 5. Their track record is too strong.

Brown has a shot. I don't think he's great. He certainly didn't light the world on fire at Georgia Tech. But I'm not sure how great South Carolina's receivers are now that Shi is gone. He's definitely a net positive. Green might get some playing time, especially considering how terrible the interior was this year. I think Strachan will start. Spaulding might challenge for starting time given all the losses in the secondary.
I never argued their classes aren’t strong I said judging high four stars a d five stars is much easier

Because they help us now which is important. Would you have rather took 7 high school kids that have little chance of helping us but would put our ranking in the 40s?
I'm not arguing that point, unfortunately both are shitty options. It is what is is, we just aren't in a great place with recruiting right now, that's a fact no matter how you slice it up.

Brown has a shot. I don't think he's great. He certainly didn't light the world on fire at Georgia Tech. But I'm not sure how great South Carolina's receivers are now that Shi is gone. He's definitely a net positive. Green might get some playing time, especially considering how terrible the interior was this year. I think Strachan will start. Spaulding might challenge for starting time given all the losses in the secondary.
[/QUOTE]

So a conservative estimate of 3 starters/impact players out of 7? That’s an incredible recruiting ratio

I'm not arguing that point, unfortunately either are shitty options. It is what is is, we just aren't in a great place with recruiting right now, that's a fact no matter how you slice it up.
Sure Muschamp left us in a bad situation my argument is our class is better than 70th

Sure Muschamp left us in a bad situation my argument is our class is better than 70th
Again you can't prove that, with our current roster issues, sure they may help US, but were any of these 7 transfers coveted by average or above average teams, just curious because I don't know if they were. To say this makes our class better than 70th you have to show their value to a broader representation of teams that our current ranking is based against, not just to our depleted roster itself.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
Again you can't prove that, with our current roster issues, sure they may help US, but were any of these 7 transfers coveted by average or above average teams, just curious because I don't know if they were. To say this makes our class better than 70th you have to show their value to a broader representation of teams that our current ranking is based against, not just to our depleted roster itself.
If three will more than likely start then yes that is significant. Three star high school players are not expected to start as freshmen

There are 3 3 stars and a four star (high school ranking) in the transfers

There are 3 3 stars and a four star (high school ranking) in the transfers
I hope they turn out to be stars, but you can't arbitrarily move our recruiting rankings against other teams just because they may start here. It's all subjective anyways with the exception of the top programs who get easily identified difference makers every year. We unfortunately aren't one of those programs so I guess we have to live with baby steps.

Reactions: Crazy Cock 89
Make all the excuses you want, but Lane and Pittman had the same issues Beamer did in their first recruiting classes last year. Both those guys did far better than Shane.
Shane's in over his head
Lane and Pittman were not left the same Dumpster fire CSB is. Muschamp really left a mess. I find this Ironic when Muschamp claimed he straightened out the Mess Urban Meyer supposedly left him and his staff in UF.

Thanks Tanner.

How is this a fair comparison? They didn't have all their best players Opt out, Go to the League, and their most experienced players transfer out like we have.

I keep hearing people complain “Beamer was suppose to be a better recruiter” or “This class is underwhelming”.

This class is not on Beamer. He was hired days before early signing period when most players committ. It takes months and years of recruiting players before they commit and sign with a school. Muschamp had a solid two months to recruit before signing day (No early period) for his first class. He was also only 2 years removed from a program that went 33-6 over 3 years. We are 7 years removed from those days, with two rough years in the past. Unable to meet a single recruit in person this year. Judge Beamer on next years recruiting class and please take into consideration that this class doesn’t reflect the future.
Excellent post! This class cannot be the measure of Shane Beamer’s recruiting ability/skill. His coaching (as the HC) will be tested soon. Being year one, with a new slate of coaching staff, I think the grading should be charitable. I‘m hoping for 4-6 wins. Less than four will leave me worried. Six wins would be a great success. We shall see. But Beamer has my support for now. Go Cocks!

If anything, it’s longer....possibly the Sparky years. We are as low now as we ever have been record wise. Don’t forget going 1-21 in 98-99. We are hovering close to that shitshow.

that 0-11 year then produced the greatest turn around in history at that time the following year.......so we are not set back a decade as some posters say. It’s about turning things around with competent coaches.

Lane and Pittman were not left the same Dumpster fire CSB is. Muschamp really left a mess. I find this Ironic when Muschamp claimed he straightened out the Mess Urban Meyer supposedly left him and his staff in UF.

Thanks Tanner.

Sam Pittman inherited a team that had gone a couple years without a single SEC win and had losses to San Jose State, Western Kentucky, and North Texas in 2 yeara under Chad Morris.

Shane Beamer didn't inherit much, but it wasn't that bad. At least the program did have wins over UGA and AU under Muschamp.

The program showed a pulse under Muschamp and had some nice moments. Chad Morris will go down as maybe the worst coach in SEC History.

Kiffen took over a similar situation that Beamer did. The Ole Miss program wasn't near as bad as Arkansas was under Morris. Kiffen still landed a top 40 class and held on to the assistants he originally offered while immediately establishing an identity of what Ole Miss will be.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT