ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Class

Sam Pittman inherited a team that had gone a couple years without a single SEC win and had losses to San Jose State, Western Kentucky, and North Texas in 2 yeara under Chad Morris.

Shane Beamer didn't inherit much, but it wasn't that bad. At least the program did have wins over UGA and AU under Muschamp.

The program showed a pulse under Muschamp and had some nice moments. Chad Morris will go down as maybe the worst coach in SEC History.

Kiffen took over a similar situation that Beamer did. The Ole Miss program wasn't near as bad as Arkansas was under Morris. Kiffen still landed a top 40 class and held on to the assistants he originally offered while immediately establishing an identity of what Ole Miss will be.
Everyone already stated in the post how they were not similar situations please stop repeating the points that have been disproven

Reactions: WingchunCock
I'll have some of whatever you're smoking.

First, I hope this class turns out great, and don't think people should be bashing kids that wanted to be gamecocks because some moron like Farrell didn't like them. But even if the class doesn't turn out, Beamer has no blame for that (and I didn't like the Beamer hire at all and still don't). There's nothing he could have done about it, when most players had committed before he was ever hired (and I think ESD had already happened). But I have no idea how you think USC will beat Clemson any time soon. Let's look at this rationally.

Last year, South Carolina was 2-8 with 6 of those losses being blowouts. USC was #98 in offense and #107 in defense. They signed the #78 class, which was last in the SEC in both total rank and average rating per recruit. Clemson, who had a million injuries, was 10-2 and went to the playoffs for the sixth year in a row. They had the #4 offense and #18 defense. They signed the #5 overall class and #3 in average recruit rating. All of their recruits but one was in the ESPN 300. Clemson lost Lawrence, but replaced him with that Californian who completed 71% of his passes for 781 yards, 4 passing touchdowns, 2 rushing touchdowns, and no picks in his first two starts as a true freshman. Etienne is a loss but they have Lyn-J Dixon and are adding that 5 Star Will Shipley that everyone compares to McCaffrey. Justyn Ross will be back along with the superstar receivers they've signed the last 2 years. Not to mention that only 1 offensive lineman in their two deep is gone and only 1 of their front 7 is gone, but both are being replaced by 5 Stars who were #1 at their position in high school.

I like your optimism, but I just don't see it. The only teams with talent on that level are Alabama and Ohio State (Georgia does by stars, but they oversign 5 Stars at certain positions while neglecting others and also seem to whiff a lot).
The original post said years to get to 7 wins. That is what I responded to. The rivalry with Clem5on is a different discussion

that 0-11 year then produced the greatest turn around in history at that time the following year.......so we are not set back a decade as some posters say. It’s about turning things around with competent coaches.
Lou Holtz versus Shane Beamer...one with a history of success and turn arounds and the other....zero history. Yep, seems legit.

Everyone already stated in the post how they were not similar situations please stop repeating the points that have been disproven

They weren't similar as Pittman took on a much bigger mess. Shane has done nothing to build confidence in me. Every move he has made has been a joke so farm. Since he is not a proven HC he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt.

In 4 years you will be ready to fire him. Right now you can fanboy on him

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
They weren't similar as Pittman took on a much bigger mess. Shane has done nothing to build confidence in me. Every move he has made has been a joke so farm. Since he is not a proven HC he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt.

So Pittman was hired within a week of Early signing period? Pittman had to deal with that snake Bobo? Hmmm, I must have missed all that.

The original post said years to get to 7 wins. That is what I responded to. The rivalry with Clem5on is a different discussion
So when do we become even competitive with Clemson again, that's rather important. If I had to guess we are on a path to set our all-time futility with them, in our entire history! Based on where we are today and where they are, I could see this current losing streak stretching to 10 years or more.

Reactions: Crazy Cock 89

This is true.

However, you give some of the village idiots way too much credit.

The most “feeble” among them will literally be excusing Beamer all the way to the end.

Just like they did Chump. Just like they did Bobo. Like they do for Magoo.

We could easily go back and pull their comments fluffing every failed coach we’ve had until they were mercifully let go.

Then they hide for a while and once focus has shifted, they rejoin the flock bleating another tune.

It will be the same with Beamer.

You can pushpin this for posterity.

The comedy show is just getting warmed up.

We are now a poor, unintelligent man’s Vandy with a UcheaT ‘Champions in Life’ mantra.

Last edited:
Ray Tanners poor leadership, laziness and attention to what was happening as set our football program back over a decade.

When a Coach who propelled our program to a historic level wants to retire on a high note, let him retire and find a replacement ASAP. Don’t beg him to stay and allow him to do nothing for 4 years. Ray doesn’t want to.... or isn’t capable of doing his job.
The university needs to invest in a GOOD Athletic Director, or mark my words..... it will be continued mediocrity under Big Ray.
Ray Tanner absolutely wants to and has proven that he is very capable of doing his job. An Athletic Director’s job consists of much more than hiring and firing football coaches. Yeah, it turned out to be a bad move hiring Muschamp and he’s handled that, so let’s see if Beamer can dig us out of the hole. How many complaints do you have about Ray Tanner other than what football is right now? Ray Tanner is a good AD and ALWAYS puts the University of South Carolina first!! IMO, Carolina is in better shape as a result of him being in that office.

Ray Tanner absolutely wants to and has proven that he is very capable of doing his job. An Athletic Director’s job consists of much more than hiring and firing football coaches. Yeah, it turned out to be a bad move hiring Muschamp and he’s handled that, so let’s see if Beamer can dig us out of the hole. How many complaints do you have about Ray Tanner other than what football is right now? Ray Tanner is a good AD and ALWAYS puts the University of South Carolina first!! IMO, Carolina is in better shape as a result of him being in that office.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT