ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting

Beamer mentioned in his press conference yesterday that they were hearing from recruits again that had gone silent on them for weeks now. I know people like to pretend that and play gives the “early playing time” pitch but guys hear that from everyone. Winning and most importantly looking good while doing it has a huge impact on recruiting.

Last two tweets were to Ole Miss and Auburn. I think he just tweets about the team he’s visiting or that had a good game. Also has a tweet to Florida and Alabama. Wouldn’t read a ton into it

Beamer mentioned in his press conference yesterday that they were hearing from recruits again that had gone silent on them for weeks now. I know people like to pretend that and play gives the “early playing time” pitch but guys hear that from everyone. Winning and most importantly looking good while doing it has a huge impact on recruiting.
That’s why everyone was so bummed because not only were we losing but it wasn’t looking like we had much hope in improving the talent on the roster.

Reactions: Kpmack
I'll be Captain Obvious but there is a whole lot riding on tomorrow's game. I just pray that we are all in. We all know the history. Its time to turn this thing around.

You know what is happening. USC will get a few of the leftovers when the more attractive places fill their boards and don't pursue them anymore.

Reactions: Lakecock1
I know it's cliche in the recruiting circles to say the state of SC is down in talent, however the 30+ players from the state that made NFL teams over the past 4 yrs would say otherwise. Not to mention multiple all conference players that we passed on that are helping other teams win ball games. Sure could've filled some holes or provided quality depth. It's a pretty well known fact that these recruiting sites cater to large market players in hopes of building hype, selling subscriptions, etc...

While it's great to aim for the stars (I'll gladly accept high quality players no matter where they're from!), I just hope coach Beamer/staff are scouring our state, building relationships and looking for instate ballers. In the past, we've passed on way too many good ball players who we felt didn't have great measurables, didn't go to recruiting camps, wasn't from a name programs, etc... Yet these same players went on to help win games for other teams against us, or be all conference players, NFL talent, etc...

Out of the top 50 SC players, we currently have commitments from 3 players. I'm sure there are several very good football players in the SC top 50 that fit the above category. Notre Dame, Arizona State, NC State, Syracuse, VT, Arkansas, North Carolina, Michigan, Wake Forest, etc...seem to think so. Based on our past history, I just hope we did our homework and took a really good look at some of these players going out of state.

Fortunately Shane is known for his relentless recruiting efforts, and no doubt he'll do his best to continue to build our program. Coach just don't get trapped in the hype machine begging some of these players to come here, when we literally have good instate players who would love to have an opportunity to wear the garnet and black.

We've been our best when we've had a solid group of SC boys that understood SC and what it means to play with pride for your home state.

Reactions: Bwellbaseball
Beamer could recruit under great coaches but not as a head coach. We are not getting anybody worth a crap. We need like three more stud WRs in this class and I don’t see not one more coming in. Hopefully we can get the best WR from PC or Furman to transfer in. Sorry, I’m just tired of sucking. Pisses me off. It’s going to take time and nowadays there is none of that.

Not a fan of 4 star all Americans from Texas like Landon Samson huh
We didn’t get a recruit we wanted. It happens. Chill
Beamer could recruit under great coaches but not as a head coach. We are not getting anybody worth a crap. We need like three more stud WRs in this class and I don’t see not one more coming in. Hopefully we can get the best WR from PC or Furman to transfer in. Sorry, I’m just tired of sucking. Pisses me off. It’s going to take time and nowadays there is none of that.

Hopefully you get tired of bitching and moaning.

Not a fan of 4 star all Americans from Texas like Landon Samson huh
We didn’t get a recruit we wanted. It happens. Chill
Horton will also be a good receiver for us.

I believe between Rivals, 247 and ESPN we have 8 four stars. I believe we will finish strong.

Reactions: Robhawk29
Maybe Beamer should've come to Columbia after he was hired and tried to recruit and hold onto our current players? I know, I know - crazy talk.

That was our first clue if he was ready from prime time.
really? it kinda blows my mind that you said that! all he did was show that he honors his commitments

you will get over it

He also said when he was hired that he had all the great coaches texting and calling him and we see how that worked out

When you have the 116th ranked offense in the country, it's tough to recruit great offense players. And the person currently in charge of the offense has never produced anything resembling a high powered/flying or productive offense to give prospects hopes of better days. If those of you b*tching about Williams think we should keep Satterfield, then look in the mirror when complaining.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
He also said when he was hired that he had all the great coaches texting and calling him and we see how that worked out
He very well may have had them calling and texting.

But making the final decision to leave a probably somewhat secure job to jump headfirst into a dumpster fire is a different story.

It took a leap of faith for coaches to come here, some for a two year contract.

He very well may have had them calling and texting.

But making the final decision to leave a probably somewhat secure job to jump headfirst into a dumpster fire is a different story.

It took a leap of faith for coaches to come here, some for a two year contract.
I suspect that DC Clayton White ("Frank Broyles'' nominee for best Assistant Coach, received a nice pay raise coming here, after producing good-to-very good defenses @ Western Kentucky).

Reactions: rogue cock
Regardless, we are going to need to bring in more quality skill players (wide receivers and running backs), if not in this class, certainly in the next one.

It sounds like AW has always been a CU fan and it doesn't matter to him if he was their "backup". In this case I wish him luck except for 1 game per year.

Regardless, we are going to need to bring in more quality skill players (wide receivers and running backs), if not in this class, certainly in the next one.
At some point, bringing in more quality skill players NEXT YEAR has to stop becoming an option - especially when that option does not turn into fruition.

Last edited:
Reactions: gamecock stock
Well that was before we laid the goose egg with Clemson and decided to retain Satterfield. I’m guessing some recruits lost their numbers again.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT