ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting

JGH 35

Oct 22, 2013
I keep reading all these wonderful things potential recruits say about us. They had a "great visit". It's a "family atmosphere". "Facilities are awesome." .....and on, and on, and on with the glowing propaganda.
Funny thing is we never here the 2 most important words of all : "I commit". Wonder what it is that prevents us from getting commitments when most other schools are?

At this point, most recruits are waiting to see if they are going to get the offer from UGA, Bama, Clemson, or another high level program. In case those offers don't come, they aren't going to slam USC and burn that bridge in case they need it.

What midline said as well as many are probably waiting to see how we do in year 2. It’s one thing to like the program. It’s another to be impressed with on the field play. I think they’d like to see the offense take a step or 2 forward and the defense continue to improve. Just my opinion of course.

Reactions: rhewredi
I wouldn’t get too worked up about it until they sign on the line that is dotted! Remember we’re talking about teenagers who have parents, advisors and fanbases pulling on them!

Reactions: Ratheolcoach
Georgia fired Tom Cream
look at how they have worked the transfer portal.
Then look at us.
So far so bad!

I keep reading all these wonderful things potential recruits say about us. They had a "great visit". It's a "family atmosphere". "Facilities are awesome." .....and on, and on, and on with the glowing propaganda.
Funny thing is we never here the 2 most important words of all : "I commit". Wonder what it is that prevents us from getting commitments when most other schools are?
I see the doom and gloom crowd is still here

I see the doom and gloom crowd is still here
Nope. I am neither a member of the doom and gloom crowd. nor the sunshine and rainbows crowd. I belong to the facts and reality club. So unless you show where anything I posted was not a fact when posted, I suggest you keep your idiotic comments to yourself.

Nope. I am neither a member of the doom and gloom crowd. nor the sunshine and rainbows crowd. I belong to the facts and reality club. So unless you show where anything I posted was not a fact when posted, I suggest you keep your idiotic comments to yourself.

I can't answer. We've always had this problem with football.

I remember a kid Brad Scott recruited out of Florida. The kid raved about Scott and his family and how he could tell Brad anything. Every few weeks Kornblut would report the kid had something glowing to say about USC and his recruiter and how Coach Scott and him were tighter than anyone that was recruiting him- that taking to him was like family- and that Coach Scott talked about life, not just football.

You know the story before I finish. Kid got an offer from a Florida school late in the recruiting process- like a week before signing day and silently committed to them right away, later commenting about not even knowing the coach recruiting him but it "just felt right" or something like that and that he hoped to have a chance to talk to the head coach soon.

Scott briefly commented after signing day that it was a shock and that the player had told him he was coming to South Carolina and the player never called him and told he had had committed elsewhere.

It’s been frustrating the past 8 or 9 years. If I were the one being paid hundreds of thousands of dollars a year to find these players to offer scholarships, i would do it.
I imagine Clemson Coaches, Alabama Coaches, hustling during the off season. I imagined ours sitting on a beach.

It’s been frustrating the past 8 or 9 years. If I were the one being paid hundreds of thousands of dollars a year to find these players to offer scholarships, i would do it.
I imagine Clemson Coaches, Alabama Coaches, hustling during the off season. I imagined ours sitting on a beach.
I don't think that's the case anymore!

Reactions: mavcock
It's a NIL money game now, which seriously handicaps us. Might as well find another hobby now if following recruiting was important to you.

Reactions: Ratheolcoach
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT