ADVERTISEMENT

Remember 9/11

9/11 was so horrible it pulled us together for the most part. It may be the last national crisis to do so for a long time. I was watching a 1943 movie tonight about nurses in the Philippines during WWII. Yeah, it was a movie, but it reminds you of how we had a unified courage in the face of so much. We preserved liberty. These days, our crises seem to erode our liberties, and empower those who would do so for whatever their cause, no matter the cost. Such short-sightedness will end the American experiment. 9/11 told us....your enemies are among you, using the best intentions of freedom and liberty against us. I'm not sure we learned anything.

You are right....we need to preserve the history.

It changed the world Forever.. I remember attending a Charlotte Hornets game a couple days later, everyone in attendance was cheering "Hugo" Running around with the American flag, to chants of USA,USA,USA!! now i am afraid that at Pro Sports, they (the league and players) would be burning the flag..

It changed the world Forever.. I remember attending a Charlotte Hornets game a couple days later, everyone in attendance was cheering "Hugo" Running around with the American flag, to chants of USA,USA,USA!! now i am afraid that at Pro Sports, they (the league and players) would be burning the flag..
Yes, the enemy now is largely within and must be defeated

I'll never forget. Watching that coverage with a client in their kitchen, as we started to tear up, I told her our team would gracefully leave and reschedule and she said thank you. I feel like that moment in time is frozen a part of me will always be there. My heart is with those who lost loved ones, and those who rushed face first to save lives.

I went to the next home game after 9/11. I can't even remember who we played. Just that security was tighter than usual. This also happens to be my daughter's birthday. I remember the first time she learned what happened on 9/11 she was in church and she sobbed so hard my wife had to take her outside. We just told her that she was a gift. She came along and forever altered what the day represents for us.

Of course, I'll never forget.

Last edited:
I went to the next home game after 9/11. I can't even remember who we played. Just that security was tighter than usual. This also happens to be my daughter's birthday. I remember the first time she learned what happened on 9/11 she was in church and she sobbed so hard my wife had to take her outside. We just told her that she was a gift. She came along and forever altered what the day represents for us.

Of course, I'll never forget.
Alabama. We won.

I moved to New York in 2012. I would commute to and from Hoboken NJ to World Trade Center terminal. It was a huge hole for the longest time. To see the size of it just would make you sad. New York was a magical place for 16 years that I worked there. Made many friends that had relatives that died that day. May the Lord comfort those on their lose today.

It’s sad to see the difference between the unity in this country in the days following 9/11 and the division within it now. I had true hope that the unity in the days and weeks and months following would somehow last.

I’ll never forget the day, the people that gave their life and those that eventually died or still suffer from the effects of that day

It’s sad to see the difference between the unity in this country in the days following 9/11 and the division within it now. I had true hope that the unity in the days and weeks and months following would somehow last.

I’ll never forget the day, the people that gave their life and those that eventually died or still suffer from the effects of that day
God Bless and am he sure he has thanked them for their Bravery.. So many Great Brave Americans Murdered that day!!

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
I haven’t been able to read or post for several days. I well remember September 11. I’ll never forget. I was working in Greenwood at the time . There were tvs in our canteen, and the news was covering it all. It was a terrible day. I remember wanting to drive to New York to help those people.
I was in New York in 2008. I went with some friends to watch the Yankees play against the Mariners; the last season they played in the real Yankee Stadium. We spent Memorial Day weekend there. My sister lived in Hoboken, NJ at the time and she showed us how to get around. One of our subway stops was at the World Trade Center. It was just a massive hole then, surrounded by construction barriers. I had cold chills looking at it, and I couldn’t help but cry.

Reactions: Brace1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT