ADVERTISEMENT

Remember when all the SEC money was going to put us light yrs ahead of Clemson?

the bcs going bye and the playoffs only having 4 teams made that go away. too easy of a path for the taters to make the playoffs. they will continue to be good until the playoffs expand imo

Reactions: 92Pony
It's not about how much money you have, it's about spending it wisely.

It is about managing the money correctly in the first place. That is where we fall down. We have a dugout coach managing our money. It seems almost too incredible to believe that our Board of Trustees would put us in that position, yet here we are.

Reactions: Jpcooper
How about all the money we have spent in the big three? You guys honestly believe the answer is throw MORE money at it? I'm ready to take some away. Bet the results wouldn't be any worse.

How about all the money we have spent in the big three? You guys honestly believe the answer is throw MORE money at it? I'm ready to take some away. Bet the results wouldn't be any worse.
Right. Money isnt it. It must be coaching

Last edited:
I think we should reject the SEC money so know it alls can find something new to cry about.

Reactions: jeff2001
Yes! The Gamecocks will reign much sooner than most believe! We just need to get a handle on this injury epidemic!
We should be good on Offense for sure next year hopefully we score as many as possible without sand bagging

Reactions: Gaimcock
We wasted it on non big 3 sports. You focus on your money makers first unless you are USC. Then you put a ton of money in the others so you can talk about them as the Big 3 suck it up.

Can you please explain how this works? I would love to hear it.

Can you please explain how this works? I would love to hear it.
I can’t explain in depth but I can say this about one sport. We spent over $1,000,000 to build a beach volleyball court (or whatever you call it). Then God only knows the dollars spent on maintenance, ongoing expenses, scholarships, salaries, travel, etc. I’m sure someone offended will scorch me for pointing this out, but what in the hell has this bought us?

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
It is about managing the money correctly in the first place. That is where we fall down. We have a dugout coach managing our money. It seems almost too incredible to believe that our Board of Trustees would put us in that position, yet here we are.

Many on the BOT don't know their asshole from a hole in the ground. They're on the BOT to jack up their business and law practice networking. They sat back and let the acadimecians push an 'Olympics Sports' emphasis. Lots of smart white kids from all over the world - helps crank up the all-sports gpa and USC's ranking among the conference schools, however this strategy may improve the overall perception of our sports programs, it doesn't do a damn thing for our up and down football program.

I can’t explain in depth but I can say this about one sport. We spent over $1,000,000 to build a beach volleyball court (or whatever you call it). Then God only knows the dollars spent on maintenance, ongoing expenses, scholarships, salaries, travel, etc. I’m sure someone offended will scorch me for pointing this out, but what in the hell has this bought us?

I don't think the beach volleyball team is holding back the football team. They are not mutually exclusive.

I imagine having a beach volleyball program has attracted athletes from across the country. I guess you can't quantify that, but that can only be a good thing for the school.

I don't think the beach volleyball team is holding back the football team. They are not mutually exclusive.

I imagine having a beach volleyball program has attracted athletes from across the country. I guess you can't quantify that, but that can only be a good thing for the school.
And beautiful young ladies on athletic scholarships! =;-p

I don’t think beach volleyball alone is holding back the football team either. I do think it demonstrates poor decision making by those that make them. This is the only example I can name however I’d suspect there are others because whoever made this one likely made others.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT