ADVERTISEMENT

Remember when....

Cock-a-Doo

Dec 8, 2009
...most of us thought LSU was a "tossup" game???

Oh man - the good ol days...

:confused::(

I never thought that, and in fact had it always penciled in as a loss. Now I have written it in in INK.
We don't need fans like you. I still like our chances. LSU has some serious flaws and we are great as an underdog. I see this being interesting. Home field will be great if the real fans show up. We are not a bad program. Just have a couple loses that could of went either way. Get off the ledge bro

Who are you to make that judgement about me. I guess we need to clone those like you right?

You've given up on our team. Yet I'm sure we will find you on here complaining about how we played if we do lose that game. We are in the sec, this Is what we signed up for. There is no doubt that we are the best 1-2 team in the country. That's what this league is about. It makes it tough some games because of it. Stop crying and pull for us to do good.

Go cocks!

We don't need fans like you. I still like our chances. LSU has some serious flaws and we are great as an underdog. I see this being interesting. Home field will be great if the real fans show up. We are not a bad program. Just have a couple loses that could of went either way. Get off the ledge bro
What?!? Using what theory could the Georgia loss have gone any other way?

N
Dude, seriously. No one is buying the "stir the pot and see who bites" act anymore.

We can win that game.
6dd5f9e30e54d7201224d05c27e64e0a.jpg

Reactions: lostcock
No I am a realist about our situation, but still pull for the team. Look back to find any thread where I have ever complained about anything on this board, and unlike you I have been here much longer. You do not know what you are talking about as far as the personal attack on me. Yes we signed up for it when we joined in 1992 and I have expected better ever since but more often than not I have been disappointed, along with 95% of the Gamecock faithful. If I am crying it is for that to change and that is all.

N

Dude, seriously. No one is buying the "stir the pot and see who bites" act anymore.
I love Im hated on for pulling for the gamecocks. I have seen it bad in the 90s. I don't nor will I ever believe that spurrier has forgot how to coach. He is one of the best and I have trust in him.

No I am a realist about our situation, but still pull for the team. Look back to find any thread where I have ever complained about anything on this board, and unlike you I have been here much longer. You do not know what you are talking about as far as the personal attack on me. Yes we signed up for it when we joined in 1992 and I have expected better ever since but more often than not I have been disappointed, along with 95% of the Gamecock faithful. If I am crying it is for that to change and that is all.
Im sorry man. It's been tense to say the least. Everyone on here is acting like we are a joke program now. Idk, this stuff stresses me out. I refuse to believe that we are back to our old ways. It's stressful thinking about how much promise we had.

I love Im hated on for pulling for the gamecocks. I have seen it bad in the 90s. I don't nor will I ever believe that spurrier has forgot how to coach. He is one of the best and I have trust in him.
First, no one has "hated on" you for pulling for the "G" amecocks. What people are tired of is the blind following and unwillingness to admit that this program is failing on many levels. To sit back and say "Oh well, I will ride this until it crashes in the ground because if SOS isn't acting then nothing is wrong" is just....well, stupid.
Second, dont get the martyr attitude about being attacked when you constantly do it to others.
Lastly, try being realistic if you want to be taken seriously. To say we have a homefield advantage "if the real fans show up" is well again, just stupid. Fans have been showing up in droves...always have, always will.

Im sorry man. It's been tense to say the least. Everyone on here is acting like we are a joke program now. Idk, this stuff stresses me out. I refuse to believe that we are back to our old ways. It's stressful thinking about how much promise we had.
I agree.

You know what I mean. I was saying we could have one the game and we would feel different today. Just like we can beat LSU.
I admire your trying to find a silver lining in this season, but we do not have any where near a good team this year. They may lack talent, they are definitely poorly coached in many areas. We allowed UGA receivers to run wide open all evening long without any adjustments and still couldn't slow down their running game. On most of their receptions, we didn't have any one within 3-5 yards of the receiver and we got zero pressure on Lambert....none. He could have eaten a 4-course dinner with the time he had. LSU is coming in with a better OL and a wrecking ball of a running back that good defensive teams are having trouble stopping. I have seen nothing that leads me to believe that the LSU game won't be the same or worse than the UGA game. And the comments from Ward and Adams show that they don't have a clue how to fix it.

If you refuse to believe something that is plainly clear to everyone else, that's just being irrational, not loyal and supportive.

And I don't know who the people were that thought before the year the LSU game was a tossup, but they clearly weren't paying attention to our team last year. We fielded the worst defense in our history last year, and that's saying something, to which our big change was adding Hoke and keeping everyone else around. We lost several of our top defensive recruits before signing day. The defense was not going to be fixed in one off season. I too thought we would at least be improved there, but I'm not sure that it's not actually worse this year. This program needs some drastic changes immediately, or the program may be in worse shape than when Spurrier got here soon.

Don't get stressed out. SC is not a "joke" of a program, you are generally competitive and had a great run of 3 11 win seasons. I'm not attacking you, but you need to be realistic. SC football is 33 games over .500 in 123 years of playing and has 1 46 year old ACC championship and 8 bowl wins in it's history. SC is not Michigan or Penn State, you have come a very long way in the last 10 years. Spurrier made you relevant in the conference even if you haven't won the conference championship. You have never been in that position before. Unfortunately, it appears the ship has sailed on Spurrier being the man to bring a championship. I don't see a 70 year old man having the energy, passion or desire to rebuild a program, especially one he took to it's highest point and is watching it slide.

SC needs to find a younger coach who can build the program for the long term. Hiring the retread great coaches is sort of like boosting your roster with JUCO players. You get some fairly immediate impact, but it's fleeting. Spurrier Jr is not the answer, if he was going to be a great head coach someone would have hired him away. Laugh at Dabo all you want, but he's got energy and passion and great assistants and has won a conference championship and is recruiting at a very high level. SC should be able to match Clemson, you just need the right younger guy to come in.

Reactions: bmhood1984
I never thought that, and in fact had it always penciled in as a loss. Now I have written it in in INK.
LOL! Agreed. I always expected to lose that game. Except in 2012. I thought we were good enough to win that game. But our coaches decided to play to LSU's strength and never adjusted defensively. Spurrier also thought it was a good idea to avoid passing the ball until the second half. Also a terrible idea.

We always lose to LSU and Auburn. I don't see that changing for a long long time. Unless we never play them again.

"We are great as the underdog....."

I don't know about that Fred.....at least in 2015 so far

tumblr_lvtvyvMfPc1r7iml5o1_500.jpg

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT