ADVERTISEMENT

Poorly coached

You’re arguing that ODU had better players on defense than we had on offense?

Seriously?

Nope. We had a bunch of guys who hadn't played together on offense and it was the first game of the season. Not complicated.

If we hadn't lost our two best offensive players in Anderson and Wells to payola, the game would be viewed differently even with a green QB at the helm.

Nope. We had a bunch of guys who hadn't played together on offense and it was the first game of the season. Not complicated.

If we hadn't lost our two best offensive players in Anderson and Wells to payola, the game would be viewed differently even with a green QB at the helm.
Ward, we are not the only school to lose players. And Juice Wells hardly played for us last year. I admit I don't know much about ODU. I do know they lost defensive players from their team. How good were they? I'm not sure. I do know they were good enough to transfer and be accepted to FBS schools. They lost a defensive lineman and a linebacker to Michigan State. They lost defensive backs to Indiana and TCU. They lost a 2nd DB to Indiana..

Reactions: uscwatson21
Ward, we are not the only school to lose players. And Juice Wells hardly played for us last year. I admit I don't know much about ODU. I do know they lost defensive players from their team. How good were they? I'm not sure. I do know they were good enough to transfer and be accepted to FBS schools. They lost a defensive lineman and a linebacker to Michigan State. They lost defensive backs to Indiana and TCU. They lost a 2nd DB to Indiana..

Please see my latest Watson post.

We have new everything on offense. This year is going to be a slog.

If the offense starts to gain any momentum during the season, let's see if we can hang onto the guys who make that happen this time around. :)

Last edited:
Please see my latest Watson post.

We have new everything on offense. This year is going to be a slog.

If the offense starts to gain any momentum during the season, let's see if we can hang onto the guys who make that happen this time around. :)
I read that post before. Again, I repeat, all schools, including ODU lost players. And I would add that it was our SEC offense players against their Sun Belt defensive players. Think about that.

I read that post before. Again, I repeat, all schools, including ODU lost players. And I would add that it was our SEC offense players against their Sun Belt defensive players. Think about that.

This is why he’s not being genuine.

It isn’t even like when Muschamp lost to App State who was a legitimate good team with a great coach. ODU was preseason predicted to finish toward the bottom of the Sun Belt.

This is why he’s not being genuine.

It isn’t even like when Muschamp lost to App State who was a legitimate good team with a great coach. ODU was preseason predicted to finish toward the bottom of the Sun Belt.
We should have killed them. I think the point spread was 20. The Vegas boys thought the same.

Reactions: uscwatson21
If guess we have gone from losing but getting moral victories to winning but getting a moral loss.

Beamer Derangement Syndrome at it's best.

I think the concern is that if this is how we will perform against a Sun Belt team, we dread to see what will happen playing SEC teams. It's a legitimate concern. Hopefully, it was just an "off night" for the team. I think we will play a lot better against Kentucky. If we don't... if we play the same against Kentucky, the comments from fans next week will make this week's comments look like a lovefest.

I think the concern is that if this is how we will perform against a Sun Belt team, we dread to see what will happen playing SEC teams. It's a legitimate concern. Hopefully, it was just an "off night" for the team. I think we will play a lot better against Kentucky. If we don't... if we play the same against Kentucky, the comments from fans next week will make this week's comments look like a lovefest.

We've seen sloppy first games before. I just don't remember them against such a poor team.

Reactions: gamecock stock
1983 loss to the UnCarolina team, pretty handily, I think it was like 30-7 or something, and it was a LOSS, this was a WIN

Had we played a P4 team, and played like we did against ODU, it would have been a loss too.

Luckily, we opened against ODU this year.

Yoh would think the Beamer supporters would be less aggressive right now. At least wait until you see how we play against Kentucky before trying to tell us we are wrong

1983 loss to the UnCarolina team, pretty handily, I think it was like 30-7 or something, and it was a LOSS, this was a WIN
I don't remember that game. But at least we had Joe Morrison as Head Coach, then, who was a proven winner at 2 previous stops, which should have alleviated concern.

Supercoach Chadwell's undefeated Coast team lost to ODU in 2022. At home. So did VT. At home. In a year they had 3 wins. Also beat App St last year.

They aren't a great team by any means, but they are a team that can sneak up on somebody when it's their superbowl/we got nothing to lose type of game. Combine that with the first game of the year with the first start for a new QB, it shouldn't surprise anybody it was a nail bitter.

Yoh would think the Beamer supporters would be less aggressive right now. At least wait until you see how we play against Kentucky before trying to tell us we are wrong

You are complaining about people being too "aggressive" supporting the coach when you spend literally every waking hour on here crying like a bitch about Beamer for YEARS.

You are a fing nut job. Do you think Beamer is banging your mother/sister/husband whatever?

Supercoach Chadwell's undefeated Coast team lost to ODU in 2022. At home. So did VT. At home. In a year they had 3 wins. Also beat App St last year.

They aren't a great team by any means, but they are a team that can sneak up on somebody when it's their superbowl/we got nothing to lose type of game. Combine that with the first game of the year with the first start for a new QB, it shouldn't surprise anybody it was a nail bitter.

That game should not have been a nail biter. And we should not have needed a 4 TO margin to squeak out a win.

You are complaining about people being too "aggressive" supporting the coach when you spend literally every waking hour on here crying like a bitch about Beamer for YEARS.

You are a fing nut job. Do you think Beamer is banging your mother/sister/husband whatever?

It's ok to admit I was right about Beamer years before everyone else saw through him.

Says the guy that cries over Chadwell who LOST to ODU with his undefeated Coastal team. At home.

BY FOUR F'ING TOUCHDOWNS. LOL

Imagine how bad Beamer would be doing if he had to coach the talent level at Coastal. Muschamp beat Chadwell by nearly 5 touchdowns. But I think most rational people understand context.

CARLEN was as big a mistake as Beamer.

NOPE. WHAT WAS I THINKING???? BEAMER IS THE BIGGEST MISTAKE IN THE HISTORY OF COLLEGE FOOTBALL!!!
That would be Muschamp, couldn't win at powerhouse Florida and dumbass Tanner thought it would be wise to bring him in, then give him a huge contract extension with a large buyout, but Beamer is close behind

I will say this about Chadwell: He has produced at 4 different schools. His next stop from Liberty, like Hugh Freeze, will be at a P4 school. We will see if he produces there. Based on his track record, I would not bet against him.

In the meantime I am pulling for Shane. I do not expect a national championship or SEC champion. Just make us a mid-tier SEC team. I, for one, will be satisfied with that. I do not think that is asking for too much from Beamer.

Reactions: Lurker123
I would love to know how you rationalize these two posts in your head.

It's pretty clear.

Napier had far more talent that Beamer and barely won in a come from behind 4th quarter victory.

Chadwell had more talent at Coastal and lost to ODU by 4 touchdowns.

Favored by 13. Lost by 28. To ODU. At home.

I'm also old enough to remember when Garrett Riley was amazing.

But amazing in JV leagues rarely translates to amazing when you play the big boys of the SEC.

Favored by 13. Lost by 28. To ODU. At home.

I'm also old enough to remember when Garrett Riley was amazing.

But amazing in JV leagues rarely translates to amazing when you play the big boys of the SEC.

Like I said:

You know, 10 years from now, when chadwell is still coaching, and Beamer is "retired", Mrs Satterfield is still going to be whining about "that one ODU game".

I mean it. Chadwell will be in to the next big job, winning a lot, and this woman will be yelling at the TV that "he lost to ODU!" as the nurses get another dose if medication ready.

Last edited:
We aren't that poorly coached.

We just don't have a lot of talent at key positions.

Like I said:

You know, 10 years from now, when chadwell is still coaching, and Beamer is "retired", Mrs Satterfield is still going to be whining about "that one ODU game".

I mean it. Chadwell will be in to the next big job, winning a lot, and this woman will be yelling at the TV that "he lost to ODU!" as the nurses get another dose if medication ready.

I don't care about Chadwell at all. In fact, I could easily pull against him because of the butt kissers on here.

However, Phil Kornblut said earlier this week he might be the next coach at UNC.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT