ADVERTISEMENT

Poorly coached

Spurrier sputtered until Season 6 and didn't win the East until Year 8.

He had a weak SEC East to feast on almost the entire time.

He didn't have to find wallets.

He wasn't losing his best players yearly.

Everything was different and Beamer remains 1 win shy of our best coach in history.

That's just the facts. I don't make the rules.
Spurrier won the east in year 6. Beamer still has no business being an SEC head coach. We were beating solid UGA and Clemson teams regularly too.

Reactions: cockofdawn
Spurrier won the east in year 6. Beamer still has no business being an SEC head coach

By what measure?

What's your comparative for that assessment because it's nothing our team has done in 116 years and Beamer has been here for over 3 years now?

By what measure?

What's your comparative for that assessment because it's nothing our team has done in 116 years and it's over 3 years now?
Never was a coordinator at any level. Was a tight end coach before getting the job. He was a lazy, cheap hire. He should have been a head coach at a lower level first.

Reactions: Lurker123
Spurrier sputtered until Season 6 and didn't win the East until Year 8.

He had a weak SEC East to feast on almost the entire time.

He didn't have to find wallets.

He wasn't losing his best players yearly.

Everything was different and Beamer remains 1 win shy of our best coach in history.

That's just the facts. I don't make the rules.

Yeah, NIL is an issue for us for sure. All estimates have us being outspent by a lot. Based on where the talent is going, it's pretty easy to tell who is putting their money where their mouth is. Tougher to tell how much each individual is being paid.

Never was a coordinator at any level. Was a tight end coach before getting the job. He was a lazy, cheap hire. He should have been a head coach at a lower level first.

Never seen anyone on this site disagree with the following assessment:

"I've posted this before -- but if we had Lloyd, Wells, and Jaheim Bell on the field last season -- it would have been a continuation of the second half of 2022 with Rattler at the helm. We would have won 7 games or more...."

If that had happened, we would have been in a good bowl game and Beamer would be our winningest coach ever after 3 seasons.

So the argument then moves back to -- "We're not spending our money wisely" -- which we have zero evidence of.

What we do know is that we're losing players and not buying much (if any) big high school talent.

Nonetheless, it would have nothing to do with Beamer's coaching ability.

You're getting caught up in the "Frank's Boy" meme.

All that was valid criticism at the time of hiring, but not after his first 2 years. One year with a step back doesn't negate that.

Yeah, NIL is an issue for us for sure. All estimates have us being outspent by a lot. Based on where the talent is going, it's pretty easy to tell who is putting their money where their mouth is. Tougher to tell how much each individual is being paid.

Wait, just a few posts ago...

Nobody knows how the money is spent. Most isn't public knowledge. Just people guessing.

Never seen anyone on this site disagree with the following assessment:

"I've posted this before -- but if we had Lloyd, Wells, and Jaheim Bell on the field last season -- it would have been a continuation of the second half of 2022 with Rattler at the helm. We would have won 7 games or more...."

If that had happened, we would have been in a good bowl game and Beamer would be our winningest coach ever after 3 seasons.

So the argument then moves back to -- "We're not spending our money wisely" -- which we have zero evidence of.

What we do know is that we're losing players and not buying much (if any) big high school talent.

Nonetheless, it would have nothing to do with Beamer's coaching ability.

You're getting caught up in the "Frank's Boy" meme.
We'll have to agree to disagree. But regardless of the NIL, the final product falls on the head coach. If we aren't making bowl games at least (low threshold), he needs to be gone. No excuses.

Reactions: Lurker123
Wait, just a few posts ago...

Isn't this self-evident? Our players are walking and we're not really even involved in the major high school talent.

When's the last time we picked up a player over one of the larger NIL teams in the last two years?

Harbor and that's about it.

We'll have to agree to disagree. But regardless of the NIL, the final product falls on the head coach. If we aren't making bowl games at least (low threshold), he needs to be gone. No excuses.

King Ward said it best a few weeks back.

Until they either cap the NIL or have similar budgets, there's no absolutely no way you can determine if a college football coach's value or lack thereof anymore.

King Ward said it best a few weeks back.

Until they either cap the NIL or have similar budgets, there's no absolutely no way you can determine if a college football coach's value or lack thereof anymore.
Six wins shouldn't be that difficult if you know what you're doing. Nobody here is expecting another East title in our lifetime. Though I'd gladly take one.

Six wins shouldn't be that difficult if you know what you're doing. Nobody here is expecting another East title in our lifetime.

I would agree with you if we weren't losing our best talent at the end of each season.

That's the ball breaker.

We could have used Mario Anderson and Juice Wells on Saturday.

They would have been our two best players on offense and provided Sellers some experienced outlets.

I would agree with you if we weren't losing our best talent at the end of each season.

That's the ball breaker.

We could have used Mario Anderson and Juice Wells on Saturday.

They would have been our two best players on offense and provided Sellers some experienced outlets.
Why haven't they developed Harbor? Why is the staff completely blameless according to you?

Why haven't they developed Harbor? Why is the staff completely blameless according to you?

He doesn't look like a WR to me. I'm sure they are trying to use his athletic ability at that position since we lost Wells and XL.

And maybe he's a bust in football? That can happen even with big time high school players.

I was critical of Loggains and his play calling all last season.

On Saturday, it was clear we just don't have much talent on the field and there's a reason for that.

He doesn't look like a WR to me. I'm sure they are trying to use his athletic ability at that position since we lost Wells and XL.

And maybe he's a bust in football? That can happen even with big time high school players.
Ok, why haven't they developed other receivers on the roster. The coaches bear no responsibility, right? Got it.

Ok, why haven't they developed other receivers on the roster. The coaches bear no responsibility, right? Got it.

Did you play any football?

We have a new QB and new WRs who aren't on the same page because they just started playing together in real action.

This is very common.

Do you remember the first half of Rattler's first season at USC?

It was rough even with stud receivers, stud TE, solid running back and a big D1 QB in Rattler who had played two seasons.

Sellers and the WR core deserve time to develop.

v

wrong.

And you are a delusional nut job. 7 wins with this season with this schedule, and he probably get an extension.

It was an autocorrect. It was supposed to say if he gets 7 wins he should get an extra year.

But there isn’t a legitimate path to 7 wins anyway.

Did you play any football?

We have a new QB and new WRs who aren't on the same page because they just started playing together in real action.

This is very common.

Do you remember the first half of Rattler's first season?

It was rough even with stud receivers, stud TE and solid running back.

Sellers and the WR core deserve time to develop.
Nobody stood out against ODU. Nobody stood out last year except one receiver. Common theme. Hopefully they gel. This weekend didn't look promising. Time will tell.

Reactions: Ward Jr
I will backtrack on a previous comment. Shane on a few occasions has looked solid-the UT game was one of the biggest of our program and following up by keeping Clemson out of the playoff was sweet too. Just would like to see more of that. I want him and the team to succeed.

Reactions: Ward Jr
South Carolina football has made history. In the first 16-team SEC power rankings, we are the first team to be ranked 16th. Not Vandy. Not Florida. But South Carolina. As the old Smith Barney commercials said: We made last place the old fashioned way: We eeaarrnneedd it.

South Carolina football has made history. In the first 16-team SEC power rankings, we are the first team to be ranked 16th. Not Vandy. Not Florida. But South Carolina. As the old Smith Barney commercials said: We made last place the old fashioned way: We eeaarrnneedd it.
Bogus in My opinion. They are UNDEFEATED... I know it was a Non power conference team, But it was a WIN.. This team is NOT good, But worst in SEC?? IMO no!!

Reactions: gamecock stock
Bogus in My opinion. They are UNDEFEATED... I know it was a Non power conference team, But it was a WIN.. This team is NOT good, But worst in SEC?? IMO no!!
Agree. We played poorly in the first game, maybe the worst opener I can recall, considering the opposition. I just can't believe we are as bad and poorly coached as we looked. I think we will bounce back. It's up to the $6 million man to get it done.

Reactions: cockofdawn
Agree. We played poorly in the first game, maybe the worst opener I can recall, considering the opposition. I just can't believe we are as bad and poorly coached as we looked. I think we will bounce back. It's up to the $6 million man to get it done.

We did play very poorly.

I expect we will play better this week. Typically, when I think we are at our worst, we turn around and look better the next game which is frustrating because it proves we can play better when we focus. I know we weren't focused last week because I was at the game and you could see the confusion.

However, that doesn't mean we win. In fact, it doesn't mean we keep it close. I have no feeling on whether we will or not.

I do know if we play anything like we did last week, we will lose by 3-4 touchdowns. But, we could play better, and still lose by 14-17 points or more.

It's not worth getting upset about though- or arguing about. None of us know. I have some fun things to do Saturday anyway and I hope to be able to catch a little bit of the game.

Reactions: gamecock stock
Money.

Quick history timeline:

+ Both teams go 8-5 in 2022. We're 40th in Total Offense that season. They are 30th.

+ We beat two top ten teams. They beat UK and lost to every other notable team.

+ Kiffin takes the stage openly begging for money -- Stating the system is rigged and the only way to compete against the better teams in the SEC is to buy up players.

+ Money flows in Oxford from all directions during their off-season and there are openly flaunting it.

+ While Ole Miss is buying up the planet, we're watching our 2022 stars walk out the door.

The rest is history.

Do you honestly believe Wells wouldn't have stayed at USC if we had offered him $250K more than other teams?

Please.

I just wanted to bump this because I saw an article about Ole Miss losing their starting rb to Ohio State.

Weird if they are just flaunting so much more money than everyone else.

I just wanted to bump this because I saw an article about Ole Miss losing their starting rb to Ohio State.

Look at the ESPN GameDay tape from Saturday.

The Ohio State NIL budget was center stage.

Two big wallet schools clashing.

Ole Miss actually got outbid on one.

I think Ohio State has more NIL money than anyone else, except possibly Oregon. But regarding us (and I've seen nothing to say how much NIL money we have), I don't care If Warren Buffett funded our NIL budget. If we can't coach any better than our guys looked on Saturday, it won't make a bit of difference.

I think Ohio State has more NIL money than anyone else, except possibly Oregon. But regarding us (and I've seen nothing to say how much NIL money we have), I don't care If Warren Buffett funded our NIL budget. If we can't coach any better than our guys looked on Saturday, it won't make a bit of difference.

Specifically, what did you not like about the coaching on Saturday?

If Buffett funded an NIL program, Nebraska would have its entire roster composed of only Blue-chippers. I’m sure there are many ‘Huskers fans that wish he would cough up some NIL money….but Buffett is not stupid.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT