ADVERTISEMENT

Restaurant not in your town that you wish was.

Judson1

Jul 31, 2008
This may get a lot of laughs but for me one is the Lizards Thicket. I’m a meat n three guy and I just like it.
Come on down to north Augusta!

Another is Skins hotdogs. I hate they closed their Greenwood location as my daughter will be attending Lander this fall. I can eat a dozen of those little things!

Lizards used to be great. Now its evolved into decent cafeteria food to me.

I'd say Taco Boy. I could name at least 10.

Reactions: bayrooster
This may get a lot of laughs but for me one is the Lizards Thicket. I’m a meat n three guy and I just like it.

Another is Skins hotdogs. I hate they closed their Greenwood location as my daughter will be attending Lander this fall. I can eat a dozen of those little things!

Disgusta doesn’t have thickets?

Get a burger from Kickers next time your in Greenwood.

Rush's.

Skyline Chili in Cincinnati
You just made me vomit in my mouth. LOL. All I heard growing up watching mlb was how good the chili was in Cincinnati. Moved to Cincy a few years ago. Went to Skyline, tried one bite of that stuff they call “chili” AWFUL. If you have to dress up chili with noodles or cheese - it ain’t chili. Give me a good Texas fire-kicking chili any day. Skyline and Goldstar aren’t good.

But to each his own.

Sir, in all due respect you don't know what a good hot dog is. Try the Clock Drive-Inn beside Bob Jones University, in Greenville.

Sir, in all due respect you don't know what a good hot dog is. Try the Clock Drive-Inn beside Bob Jones University, in Greenville.

I pass 1 or 2 of those restaurants approaching Greenville, coming up hwy 25 from greenwood. Is that the same place you’re referring to?

We use to have a Fatz and it closed up due to poor management. I miss that restaurant- had great baby back ribs. I would love to have a Charlie's Steak House. I know they have closed but boy I wish we had one in Marion.

Also, a Peddler Steak House like the one in Greenville. Peddler's has the best Prime Rib I've ever eaten.

Last edited:
You just made me vomit in my mouth. LOL. All I heard growing up watching mlb was how good the chili was in Cincinnati. Moved to Cincy a few years ago. Went to Skyline, tried one bite of that stuff they call “chili” AWFUL. If you have to dress up chili with noodles or cheese - it ain’t chili. Give me a good Texas fire-kicking chili any day. Skyline and Goldstar aren’t good.

But to each his own.

They sell it down here in cans because of all the transplanted Ohoans.

Oh, man, I would be SET if there were a Lizard's Thicket anywhere in Montana. I would love to have a Cracker Barrel and a Chick Fil-A closer than a 2.5hr drive from my house.

Legal Remedy in Rock Hill is the best pub food I’ve ever eaten. Wish we had one near the law school in Columbia...I’d sure invest.

Reactions: Judson1
Live in Columbia and have traveled the world. The best steak and Martini, bar none, is New York Prime in Myrtle Beach. Sorry, but it is true.

Here in Columbia we could sure use a fish camp like you find around Spartanburg or Gastonia. Forget the overpriced Blue Marlin version on Oak Drive. I miss Jack's Diner in Hilton for their incredible baby catfish and stew. Can't find the baby bone-in catfish at restaurants anymore just the big rubbery muddy tasting filets.

It would be great to have a Trout House ( like the one in Gatlinburg ) in the Midlands.

Skins would do a huge business in Columbia which is devoid of great hotdogs. Folks here haven't discovered steamed buns and what I refer to as upstate chili aka beer joint chili.

Can you imagine a Beacon in 5 Points? You'd never get in the door. I'd settle for an Ike's or New-way in Irmo

Would love to see one of those upstate Greek chains like the Clock or Petes open in Columbia. Their sliced/roast pork BBQ sandwich ( similar to the Beacon's Slice ) is something not found in the Midlands.

FWIW I bought some frozen Skyline Chili at Publix and couldn't get it down. The only time I've been so disappointed was with Dreamland's BBQ ( membrane attached ) ribs.

Reactions: CEagle1 and Judson1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT