ADVERTISEMENT

Restaurant not in your town that you wish was.

Angelo's - Myrtle Beach. Great steak place and Lancaster could surely use one of that quality, although I'm not certain this town would support it adequately.
There's no way such would float in LA, but on another note, don't tell me you've never tried Sambo's 903!! Best cheeseburger and fries in Lancaster County!!!

Reactions: aceman39
Skyline
White Castle
Pal's (East Tennessee)
Char-Grill (Raleigh)
The Varsity
Lexington BBQ
Buca di Beppo
White Castle, the way they cook the burgers is completely gross. But they are heavenly to eat. Those little caramelized onions. All the grease you ever wanted. With a large crinkle fry and Coke.

Reactions: paladin181
Popeye’s spicy chicken was good but some locations not so good. I like Bojangle’s and is in Greenville but no Popeye’s.

Smokin’ Pig BBQ in Williamston is good.

Been to both Tadpole and Flounder fish camps in the upstate. Which fish camp do you think is better?

Reactions: ClowneyPosse
Swig and Swine, Charleston. Get the pork rinds and pimento cheese app. They make their own pork rinds, they're still cracklin while you eat them.

Reactions: redrogers
I remember Capitol Cafe having a really good ol' shoe in the early 90s.

Reactions: NetworkX
For not being a huge city, Columbia has a lot of pretty decent options (chains, not chains, fast food) but what I’d want escapes me. Being from Philly originally, probably a true hoagie/cheesesteak place. Although, in living here a couple of different times, I never have tried Very’s on Two Notch, but have heard mixed reviews. I will say Pizza Man could make a cheesesteak better than some I’ve had in Philly.

I’ll say a Wawa convenience store. Made to order hoagies, sandwiches, you name it. When I moved to Richmond, they used to clown that name, now they have one, and you can’t barely get in the door sometimes. If they built one here, Pitt Stop, the pending QT, and all the rest would be on notice.

Reactions: Judson1
Vinnie Van GoGo's from Savannah.
The Vortex from Atlanta.
Puerto Sagua, South Beach.

Reactions: Gaimcock
Here in Columbia we could sure use a fish camp like you find around Spartanburg or Gastonia. Forget the overpriced Blue Marlin version on Oak Drive. I miss Jack's Diner in Hilton for their incredible baby catfish and stew. Can't find the baby bone-in catfish at restaurants anymore just the big rubbery muddy tasting filets.

It would be great to have a Trout House ( like the one in Gatlinburg ) in the Midlands.

Skins would do a huge business in Columbia which is devoid of great hotdogs. Folks here haven't discovered steamed buns and what I refer to as upstate chili aka beer joint chili.

Can you imagine a Beacon in 5 Points? You'd never get in the door. I'd settle for an Ike's or New-way in Irmo

Would love to see one of those upstate Greek chains like the Clock or Petes open in Columbia. Their sliced/roast pork BBQ sandwich ( similar to the Beacon's Slice ) is something not found in the Midlands.

FWIW I bought some frozen Skyline Chili at Publix and couldn't get it down. The only time I've been so disappointed was with Dreamland's BBQ ( membrane attached ) ribs.

I miss salt and pepper catfish served at a fish camp.

Go Gamecocks!

SC 95

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Po Folks...I miss that place
We had one of those in Greer when I was a teenager...

Some folks mentioned restaurants close to my home here in Northeast TN....
Pals...it's good...their mayonaise chilli cheeseburger is good, not beacon good though...https://www.palsweb.com/about

Cootie Browns...people drive from Asheville to get to one of the hippest restaurants in the south...https://www.cootiebrowns.com/
The North Roan St. one is the original and the one I frequent. When I have friends and family up from NC/SC/FL, this is where I take them...

Little Pigs on alpine road. I’d be ecstatic if they would open a second location here in Greenville.
I love Little Pigs but when we go I think it’s actually the chicken livers I eat the most of.

You just made me vomit in my mouth. LOL. All I heard growing up watching mlb was how good the chili was in Cincinnati. Moved to Cincy a few years ago. Went to Skyline, tried one bite of that stuff they call “chili” AWFUL. If you have to dress up chili with noodles or cheese - it ain’t chili. Give me a good Texas fire-kicking chili any day. Skyline and Goldstar aren’t good.

But to each his own.
I agree. I've had it and made it. It's spaghetti sauce.

I try to avoid chains everywhere I go. I was just at the beach. We called Texas Roadhouse to inquire about the wait. 2 hours. I'd like to eat there again, but they're so packed you can't get a parking space. So we end up elsewhere at local places.

So I'd like a decent seafood place or good steakhouse. I'd also love to be able to get a gourmet burger without driving 40+ miles.

Reactions: Judson1
Angelo's - Myrtle Beach. Great steak place and Lancaster could surely use one of that quality, although I'm not certain this town would support it adequately.
Lancaster is so restaurant poor. It's a crying shame. Camden is 1/3 the size and has several good restaurants. We joke that if it isn't fried and cheap it won't last in LA. Mariachis is about the only place we eat there.

This may get a lot of laughs but for me one is the Lizards Thicket. I’m a meat n three guy and I just like it.
Come on down to north Augusta!

Another is Skins hotdogs. I hate they closed their Greenwood location as my daughter will be attending Lander this fall. I can eat a dozen of those little things!

Morton’s of Chicago

I try to avoid chains everywhere I go. I was just at the beach. We called Texas Roadhouse to inquire about the wait. 2 hours. I'd like to eat there again, but they're so packed you can't get a parking space. So we end up elsewhere at local places.

So I'd like a decent seafood place or good steakhouse. I'd also love to be able to get a gourmet burger without driving 40+ miles.
You might try learning to cook.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT