ADVERTISEMENT

Restaurant not in your town that you wish was.

Lancaster is so restaurant poor. It's a crying shame. Camden is 1/3 the size and has several good restaurants. We joke that if it isn't fried and cheap it won't last in LA. Mariachis is about the only place we eat there.
Lancaster is, or was, a good working-class town. There has never been an aristocracy or much of an upper crust. Places like Camden, Georgetown, Beaufort, York - those places will support a higher level of dining.

Anyone remember Spaghetti Warehouse? Had a cool look inside and lots of different options for sauces. One of them was a chili based sauce that was among my favorite options there.
Don't remember that one, but it made me think of spaghetti works in Omaha. Great food and they offer kegs of root beer.

Lancaster is, or was, a good working-class town. There has never been an aristocracy or much of an upper crust. Places like Camden, Georgetown, Beaufort, York - those places will support a higher level of dining.
I could be wrong, but I would imagine Camden has fewer middle class and up people than LA based on population. I'm middle class and I go to Camden because of the lack of options in LA. Even the Lugoff House of Pizza (LHOP) puts the other "House of Pizza" restaurants to shame. That's not a case of being upscale, but more of giving people value for their money. It's not a cheapskate mentality.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gaimcock
Adam’s Bistro. In Greenville.

huge menu. Moderate prices. Crowded but that’s what you get. Quality of food is twice as good as food sold here. Price is half of what the prices are for what is considered good food here.

I am more of a burger guy than just about anyone I know. I love them and am not ashamed to order one anywhere. But, I do not understand the point of a "gourmet" burger. It's like a sports truck or a formal flip-flop.
to each his own. Try Burgers and Barley in Rock Hill. They may change your mind. My fav there is the Triple B. It's bison, bleu cheese and blackened fried green tomato. I'm salivating now. I also own some Olukai flip flops and they're some of the best shoes I've ever owned of any style. ;)

Last edited:
I could be wrong, but I would imagine Camden has fewer middle class and up people than LA based on population. I'm middle class and I go to Camden because of the lack of options in LA. Even the Lugoff House of Pizza (LHOP) puts the other "House of Pizza" restaurants to shame. That's not a case of being upscale, but more of giving people value for their money. It's not a cheapskate mentality.
Camden is a nice town and is still seasoned with a considerable complement of old money.

There's no way such would float in LA, but on another note, don't tell me you've never tried Sambo's 903!! Best cheeseburger and fries in Lancaster County!!!
Ah, my Lancaster days. 903, Wagon Wheel, and the wonderful Catawba Fish Camp

Reactions: aceman39
Little Pigs on alpine road. I’d be ecstatic if they would open a second location here in Greenville.

Went a month or so ago, and still ate way too much, but my wife and I both think it’s slipping a bit. The hash was some I’ve ever had this time though. Maybe it’s just the Rona

Went a month or so ago, and still ate way too much, but my wife and I both think it’s slipping a bit. The hash was some I’ve ever had this time though. Maybe it’s just the Rona
Their hash is always weird. I prefer the emulsified style as opposed to the stringy kind.

Reactions: ClowneyPosse
White Castle, Denny's- their Santa Fe' skillet is the bomb diggity! In & Out, Culvers, Frisch's Big Boy......to name a few. But trust me when I say the whole world could use alot more Zesto of West Columbia!

I ate Lizards Thicket growing up. Now I realize it’s nothing but butter, salt and grease on a plate.

I would like for Shealy’s BBQ to be closer to Columbia.

Newberry has some surprisingly good restaurants for a small town.

Reactions: king ward
The Beacon (Spartanburg)...have it in Johnson City....or maybe Lake Bowen Fish Camp...I'll take either...
I went to The Beacon a yr ago and will never go back. Place needed to be shutdown and totally cleaned from roof to floor. Seriously disappointed

Last edited:
Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Ah, my Lancaster days. 903, Wagon Wheel, and the wonderful Catawba Fish Camp
Man, I hate to be a "Negative-Nelly", but the Catawba Fish Camp is in No Way what it used to be quality food wise!!. Forgive me for posting my humble opinion here, but like I said, the CFC holds nada to Captain Steve's in Fort Mill!! JMHOFWIW!!

Now by ALL MEANS are both the 903 and The Wheel-In still battin' a thousand!!!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT