ADVERTISEMENT

rewatching clem game— was a total anomaly

boy among men

Aug 30, 2020
you can see it on Beamers face, he is completely surprised that we came out so flat

to me, that speaks wonders. ive seen plenty of recent coaches look doomed (muschamp), overwhelmed (elliott), and pissed off (spurrier).

but CSB looked like he was ready for a battle and was shocked nobody else in the locker room came to play. he fully expected the Mayo bowl team to come out and punch, rather than flounder.

winner.

It looked the complete opposite to me. He looked like he had no idea what to do to change anything during his early tirade.

and that’s exactly what happened the rest of the game unfortunately.

Reactions: gamecockfan04
You re-watched that abortion of a game? Props to you, I don't have the stomach for it.

That and other games are why I still have questions about Satterfield's ability as an OC and playcaller. We are the only team on their schedule (that includes UConn and SC State) this year that got shut the freak out, and we were AT HOME with a riled up crowd. That's baaaaad, no excuse for it.

That game was rough. However, momentum is looks like it's finally starting to swing back in our favor from a macro perspective. Let's see if we can capitalize on that in this series these next few years.

Reactions: LazyIslander
Someone has to step up and say that's not going to happen again, time to change the culture, easier said than done! Heck, even I doubted if we would show up after that CU game, but someone directed a different narrative. The next eight months is going to be interesting to see if we can build on it!

i question anybody that does a triple reverse half back flea flicker pass on the 1-5 yard line. Or did I dream that?

Reactions: chief2791
i question anybody that does a triple reverse half back flea flicker pass on the 1-5 yard line. Or did I dream that?
You were dreaming. We'd never get inside the 5, first and goal (with White/Harris in the backfield and Trai Jones leading the way) and run a Joyner wildcat keeper and Burch pass on the first 2 plays. That wouldn't be smart, that's why we wouldn't do it. Oh wait...no you weren't dreaming after all. :rolleyes:

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
You re-watched that abortion of a game? Props to you, I don't have the stomach for it.

That and other games are why I still have questions about Satterfield's ability as an OC and playcaller. We are the only team on their schedule (that includes UConn and SC State) this year that got shut the freak out, and we were AT HOME with a riled up crowd. That's baaaaad, no excuse for it.
Yep, the Mayo bowl performance don’t erase all the other fall on your face performances by Satterfield.

I think the difference is that Jason Brown only had interest in trying to hit the homerun whether or not it was there. Simple fact of the matter is we didn't have a serviceable QB as soon as Doty got hurt and I know Beamer said that's crap, and frankly it was for winning six, but not for some of the tougher outings.

Reactions: USC2USC
No way I would watch it again I saw enough to make me want to puke the first time. I guess A & M was our absolute worst game but this one was the most disappointing. Their defense absolutely blew our players up but I have hope as always the tide is about to turn. I finally see the culture changing and Beamer has been a pleasant surprise. Very good bowl performance and I’m excited about the additions for next year along with the guys coming back.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
you can see it on Beamers face, he is completely surprised that we came out so flat

to me, that speaks wonders. ive seen plenty of recent coaches look doomed (muschamp), overwhelmed (elliott), and pissed off (spurrier).

but CSB looked like he was ready for a battle and was shocked nobody else in the locker room came to play. he fully expected the Mayo bowl team to come out and punch, rather than flounder.

winner.
Dr. Freud , it was the cheerleaders fault.

I think the difference is that Jason Brown only had interest in trying to hit the homerun whether or not it was there. Simple fact of the matter is we didn't have a serviceable QB as soon as Doty got hurt and I know Beamer said that's crap, and frankly it was for winning six, but not for some of the tougher outings.
That's exactly right, it was Jason Brown's fault; if we'd have had Doty it would have been different outcome.

Btw, its called a 50-50, but your receivers have to actually want it aggressively, like Clemson's, et al.

No, the OP had it right, but I'm glad we had another opportunity to throw shade at Brown. Jake Bentley says hello.

That's exactly right, it was Jason Brown's fault; if we'd have had Doty it would have been different outcome.

Btw, its called a 50-50, but your receivers have to actually want it aggressively, like Clemson's, et al.

No, the OP had it right, but I'm glad we had another opportunity to throw shade at Brown. Jake Bentley says hello.
It's not a 50-50 of most are in double coverage and while I think Doty has all the tools and he's shown his decision making while injured just couldn't throw well enough injured for that to pay off, but to say definitively he'd get the job done in that game, we need to see him do it. This was only Doty's second year so he's got time to pull it off.

Reactions: DeBoer31

It's not shade at Brown. He did the best he could in an environment that was a little too big for him. He had some favorable setups, and not some daunting setups in his starts this year.
One thing is for sure...in Brown's one year at SC he had a much more stable and inviting environment to get on the field and do well than Jake Bentley had during his 3 years and 1 game with 12 different OCs and a defensive minded HC that obviously had his hands in the offensive cookie jar too much.
It still bothers and befuddles me why our fans dislike J. Bentley so much. Loved his and Bobby's efforts at USC. Without them both....those times would've been WAY worse.

winner.
Agreed.

Football is all about matchups and sometimes I think we forget this. Sometimes you matchup better with some teams than others. During Clempson's run, we just don't matchup well with them and the evidence each year is right there on the field. That and, they have more skilled athletes than us. Beamer has to change this and I think he is off to a good start.

That wasn't an anomaly or an exception to the rule. That was rule for Satterfield.

The anomalies were Florida and North Carolina.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT