ADVERTISEMENT

Reynolds and Gunter made a good point

jeff2001

Apr 5, 2003
UGA was 2-4 against the top 50 and then they beat us again. And we fell out of the top 50 and UGA ended up 0-4 against the top 50.

Problems arise when you draw an arbitrary line at 50. Suddenly a win over the 51st ranked team is considered nothing and a win vs. the 50th ranked team is a great win. When in fact the teams are of virtually identical quality according to the RPI.

Reactions: Lakecock1
Problems arise when you draw an arbitrary line at 50. Suddenly a win over the 51st ranked team is considered nothing and a win vs. the 50th ranked team is a great win. When in fact the teams are of virtually identical quality according to the RPI.
Exactly ^^^

I cannot believe I am saying this but Calipari was right on point last night on ESPN. The variable they place importance on changes each year. We are focused on being left out but how does Kentucky get seeded a 4 and A&M a 3?
We allowed the committee to decide our fate when we did not take care of our own business but the moving variable is a bit much to take.

Reactions: whythis28
I cannot believe I am saying this but Calipari was right on point last night on ESPN. The variable they place importance on changes each year. We are focused on being left out but how does Kentucky get seeded a 4 and A&M a 3?
We allowed the committee to decide our fate when we did not take care of our own business but the moving variable is a bit much to take.
The reason is that the committee doesn't take Sunday results into consideration (due to the fact that they meet all day, with no contact to the outside world). If the SEC championship had been played on Saturday, the seeds likely would have been reversed. Blame the conference for that, not the NCAA or the committee.

Reactions: whythis28
UGA was 2-4 against the top 50 and then they beat us again. And we fell out of the top 50 and UGA ended up 0-4 against the top 50.

One of the reasons I think that 1 game could have saved us. Even with all the other BS.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT