ADVERTISEMENT

Right to DEMAND better

loyalgamecock

Jan 22, 2003
Myrtle Beach, SC
Brief- I am a former college player - Wofford, and a 42 year Gamecock Club member since my Graduation from USC with a Masters Degree so I have witnessed a lot of very bad and some very good on field performances in a variety of sports at USC rarely missing a football game.
Every time we lose a game our fan base thinks we should win, a variety of posters DEMAND that we fire the AD - whoever that may be - and assert that the Coach is the worst hire ever. Our donations to the Gamecock Club support Athletic Scholarships, and our ticket purchases are for entertainment for that particular game. So, if you go to enough games you are disenchanted with, then find another form of entertainment, but purchasing a ticket or contributing to scholarships gives no one a right to demand anything. Where would our rivals be right now if they had fired Dabo after his first three years or at the end of our five victories in a row - not in the NCG for sure.
If you do not see progress in our on field product, you are just unwilling to look deeply enough. Our football, baseball, and basketball programs will progress to levels we can be proud of, but it takes time and the “arms race” is crazy right now.
If you do not want to wait for that progress, then go find another place to complain because your ranting on social media is damaging not helpful. FWIW.....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News