ADVERTISEMENT

Rivals and their Ga/SC rankings.

Judson1

Jul 31, 2008
Probably not the best time to post this with an upcoming game but I was looking at the population of Georgia vs SC. Georgia has roughly twice the population as us.
Yet in the Rivals rankings Georgia produces almost 10 times the 4 and 5 star recruits. Over the last three years Ga has produced 100. SC… 11.
So are SC players getting a fair shake? I know when SC teams play out of state teams they usually hold their own. Is it lack of camps in SC that causes such few blue chip players? Surely our high school football isn’t lagging that far behind.

Probably not the best time to post this with an upcoming game but I was looking at the population of Georgia vs SC. Georgia has roughly twice the population as us.
Yet in the Rivals rankings Georgia produces almost 10 times the 4 and 5 star recruits. Over the last three years Ga has produced 100. SC… 11.
So are SC players getting a fair shake? I know when SC teams play out of state teams they usually hold their own. Is it lack of camps in SC that causes such few blue chip players? Surely our high school football isn’t lagging that far behind.
Personally I honestly believe ALL of Rivals rankings of ANYTHING to be nothing more than a TOTAL marketing ploy to the larger population areas just so they can make more $$. IOW's anything rivals publishes is pretty much Bull Sh_t.

JMHOFWIW

Reactions: Judson1
I’ve heard that 247 sports spend a lot more time in the Atlanta metro area evaluating, much more time than in SC.

oh my gosh, North Carolina Rivals seems to always have 4 or 5 kids from Mallard Creek in Charlotte who were rated 4/5 stars. When they would cross the border to play SC teams, they would get bounced....case in point...Byrnes High had no 4 or 5 stars and Mallard had I believe it was 4 or 5 and junior and sophomores who were future stars....it was not even close at halftime, as we we're up I believe by 3 thouchdowns...they made it close at the end when we had our subs in...lol...

so to answer the question, yes, South Carolina boys don't get the same publicity...

Last edited:
I don't know how it is elsewhere, bit I think there's less great high school football being played in our state than there used to be. Many of the small towns where great football was played have diminished in size due to the decline of the town's chief industry. Soccer has come on strong among the kids and fewer young boys are taking up football than was once the case. Also, school consolidation has diminished some once dominant programs. I'm thinking about Summerville and Spartanburg as prime examples.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT