ADVERTISEMENT

Rocky Top trouble?

Neanderthal

Aug 15, 2001
Just heard a short word on the radio saying a bunch of Tennessee players are refusing to play in the bowl game because of an NIL issue and that they may not have enough to play. Has anybody else heard anything on that or is it just radio stir/hullabaloo?

Just heard a short word on the radio saying a bunch of Tennessee players are refusing to play in the bowl game because of an NIL issue and that they may not have enough to play. Has anybody else heard anything on that or is it just radio stir/hullabaloo?

I would laugh.

Wasn't that the big issue when they played us, but between 2 players? There was a fight between a star defensive player and their QB, that got the defensive player suspended for our game? That's only a rumor as far as I know, but it supposedly had to do in part over bad feelings regarding NIL money.....

I'm also hearing some players at some programs are getting promised big NIL money, but it's either late in coming or not coming at all. This whole thing is turning into a mess......

Reactions: FCB 2013 treble
Wasn't that the big issue when they played us, but between 2 players? There was a fight between a star defensive player and their QB, that got the defensive player suspended for our game? That's only a rumor as far as I know, but it supposedly had to do in part over bad feelings regarding NIL money.....

I'm also hearing some players at some programs are getting promised big NIL money, but it's either late in coming or not coming at all. This whole thing is turning into a mess......
That would be fortunate if it proliferates.

The Pittsburgh WR who went to Southern Cal was allegedly stiffed on some promises, at least that is the rumor.

Reactions: king ward
Sounds like my Vol neighbor. Full of excuses before and after they play.
I believe that constituents of programs which have known historical success are inclined to believe that their teams are SUPPOSED to win every game, and would, but for some freakish vagary or another. Those people have to rationalize everything. It's a coping mechanism.

Last edited:
I believe that constituents of programs which have known historical success suggest are inclined to believe that their teams are SUPPOSED to win every game, and would, but for some freakish vagary or another. Those people have to rationalize everything. It's a coping mechanism.
They dont realize how rediculus they sound. My neighbor actually congratulated me for our win against the taters and in the same breath said he wont do that for our win against them and then went on about their locker room troubles. He actually said one disgruntled player was responsible for their loss. I asked him out of 100+ guys on the team, they couldnt find one guy to replace him knowing there was trouble? I then went on to advise him they might want to take care of the weaknesses on their team before other programs figure them out like we did

They dont realize how rediculus they sound. My neighbor actually congratulated me for our win against the taters and in the same breath said he wont do that for our win against them and then went on about their locker room troubles. He actually said one disgruntled player was responsible for their loss. I asked him out of 100+ guys on the team, they couldnt find one guy to replace him knowing there was trouble? I then went on to advise him they might want to take care of the weaknesses on their team before other programs figure them out like we did
I think that was a good retort. They are and were ridiculous.

Reactions: bucketdad
This at some point will become an issue if the NCAA or schools don't get a handle on this. The projected dollars for the 12 team playoffs will generate close to 2 Billion Dollars.... At some point the players are going to say, "where's our cut or we walk". Folks it's COMING!

Reactions: cocks rule
Lol….had the same thing happen to me….Keep in mind I am surrounded by UT fans and most of them said we just kicked their butt. But it was amazing the number including a friend I had not talked to in a while, that tried to say the locker room infighting (which is still just a rumor) and missing Jeremy Banks was the reason they lost. Banks is a middle of the pack linebacker so he ain’t changing that outcome. Trying to say the Defense intentionally laid down to prove a point to a quarterback is comical. Do you think any of those players tanked a playoff potential game to say I told you so to a teammate? If that’s the case I’ll be damn if I’m an NFL team if I look at a single one of them.

This at some point will become an issue if the NCAA or schools don't get a handle on this. The projected dollars for the 12 team playoffs will generate close to 2 Billion Dollars.... At some point the players are going to say, "where's our cut or we walk". Folks it's COMING!
Their cut could be no scholarships ….and they can go back home to work at that car wash their future was holding for them.

Lol….had the same thing happen to me….Keep in mind I am surrounded by UT fans and most of them said we just kicked their butt. But it was amazing the number including a friend I had not talked to in a while, that tried to say the locker room infighting (which is still just a rumor) and missing Jeremy Banks was the reason they lost. Banks is a middle of the pack linebacker so he ain’t changing that outcome. Trying to say the Defense intentionally laid down to prove a point to a quarterback is comical. Do you think any of those players tanked a playoff potential game to say I told you so to a teammate? If that’s the case I’ll be damn if I’m an NFL team if I look at a single one of them.
Lol! That part about the defense tanking to make a point is what my neighbor said word for word. That's a big reason I said they dont know how rediculus they sound. In fact, sounds like the same guy. Dude wears orange 365 days a year and looks like he could be Phillip Fulmer's long lost twin brother. I've only seen him once since our win and he lives next door. After that conversation, I'm ok with that.

Lol! That part about the defense tanking to make a point is what my neighbor said word for word. That's a big reason I said they dont know how rediculus they sound. In fact, sounds like the same guy. Dude wears orange 365 days a year and looks like he could be Phillip Fulmer's long lost twin brother. I've only seen him once since our win and he lives next door. After that conversation, I'm ok with that.
Pray for them. Probably hopeless but this is the season of miracles. It’s all we can do for them.

No doubt he’s a WalMart Vol who never set foot in a UT classroom.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT