ADVERTISEMENT

Rumor that UT starting QB...

This guy is making his first start so we should put the screws to him. Last Saturday, Iowa State's QB was also making his first start and we see how that turned out.

I'd put extra pressure on him. I know that pressuring the QB is always everyone's game plan, but with building team pressure, and a new starter running the O, I'd bring some blitzes. Get into his head a little and the game could swing our way in Rocky Top.

Reactions: gamecock ed
I think this takes pressure off of them and I could care less what the spread is unless I was in Vegas.

If he's another pro style q.b making first start I like our chances because of Muschamp

I think this takes pressure off of them and I could care less what the spread is unless I was in Vegas.

If he's another pro style q.b making first start I like our chances because of Muschamp
Agree, for some reason Muschamp has the Vols number, wish we could figure it out also.

Quinten Dormady has quit the team.
Per The State, Dormandy hasn't quit. Rather, it has "been decided" to start the other guy.

Here's the link: Report: Tennessee makes QB change for South Carolina game

Report: Tennessee makes QB change for South Carolina game
BY POSTED BEN BREINER
bbreiner@thestate.com

OCTOBER 10, 2017 1:52 PM

Members of the South Carolina football team said Tuesday morning they’d been preparing for Tennessee starting quarterback Quinten Dormady.

Now they’ll reportedly have to change gears.

The Tennessee Rivals site Volquest reported Tuesday that Dormady will be benched for redshirt freshman Jarrett Guarantano. Dormady had struggled mightily in Tennessee’s first five games, and Guarantano has played in three of them.

Dormady had completed 55.5 percent of his passes for 925 yards with six touchdowns, six interceptions and a 117.9 rating. Guarantano has a rating of 82.7, with 54 yards on 12-of-24 passing,

Tennessee Volunteers quarterback Jarrett Guarantano (2)
Tennessee Volunteers quarterback Jarrett Guarantano (2) Randy Sartin Randy Sartin-USA TODAY Sports

No biggy either way. Just thought I'd mention it.

I read he is a dual threat QB. More mobile which seems harder for our defense to control. Agree need to get to him early and treat as we did Allen. Hit that confidence from the very start and set the game tone.

Not so sure a QB change is going to make them fall apart. About 6 years ago the rumor was that USC was benching their QB mid-season and were going with a guy named Connor Shaw...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT