ADVERTISEMENT

Saban: Suspended players out for the season

cocks rule

Aug 15, 2004
PERIOD!

That’s how you know your the head coach and in total control of your team

Dabo: I don’t know how drugs could’ve gotten into our players. I didn’t know players took drugs. I didn’t even know drugs existed until now!!!!!! Please help me. I don’t have a clue what I’m doing.

Reactions: joplin gamecock 1
Maybe it is because they too have been found to have PED’s in their system and he knows they did it. Just an observation. Either way Satan has hidden what they did from the public. I prefer transparency. Either way beat Virginia.

Maybe it is because they too have been found to have PED’s in their system and he knows they did it. Just an observation. Either way Satan has hidden what they did from the public. I prefer transparency. Either way beat Virginia.

Maybe you don’t understand transparency? Dabo majors in marketing and you tater fans buy till your $600 credit limit stops you.

Reactions: section907
I also wonder if the 3 Bama players tested positive for drugs. It came out the same day or so as the Clempson suspensions.

Perhaps the schools don't have to specify anything publicly and Clempson chose too while Bama just said the players broke some team and NCAA rules. I wondered that the minute I saw the Bama suspensions. If that is what happened I think it is kind of fishy how Bama handled it. Of course, Dabo handled it like the clown he is with the geez golly whiz it must have been in the shampoo....

I also wonder if the 3 Bama players tested positive for drugs. It came out the same day or so as the Clempson suspensions.

Perhaps the schools don't have to specify anything publicly and Clempson chose too while Bama just said the players broke some team and NCAA rules. I wondered that the minute I saw the Bama suspensions. If that is what happened I think it is kind of fishy how Bama handled it. Of course, Dabo handled it like the clown he is with the geez golly whiz it must have been in the shampoo....

You’ll never know and that’s why Saban is the greatest coach in the game today. It’s his team and he runs it as such. It’s nobody’s business outside of the team. I’m pretty sure Muschamp would do the same. Hold players to the highest standard. They know what’s coming if they don’t. No excuses.......We all know Dabo runs his program based solely on excuses and collection plates.

Do hipaa rules not apply to student athletes and drug testing? Or do they sign away health privacy so that coach/school can release injury updates?

Remember I'm 2015 when 3 Bama players failed drug tests before the playoffs but Saban played them anyway and handled their discipline in the offseason. Or the two players caught with drugs and a gun with the serial numbers filed off and never missed a game. Come on now guys, Saban is far far from an example of how to properly discipline players. He is a win at all costs coach. To some that is fine and so be it, but call a spade a spade. For Saban to suspend these players, they must have been caught red handed and there was nothing he could do to "fix" it.

Remember I'm 2015 when 3 Bama players failed drug tests before the playoffs but Saban played them anyway and handled their discipline in the offseason. Or the two players caught with drugs and a gun with the serial numbers filed off and never missed a game. Come on now guys, Saban is far far from an example of how to properly discipline players. He is a win at all costs coach. To some that is fine and so be it, but call a spade a spade. For Saban to suspend these players, they must have been caught red handed and there was nothing he could do to "fix" it.

You will never see Saban live on tv begging like a lil bitch for a dope fiend. I promise you that

Just like the 3 Clemtard players were caught red handed

Reactions: PC31
Maybe they were. We will not know until the B sample results come in. I guess Dabo feels like he trusts his players enough to stick his neck out for them and say he believes they didnt intentionally do anything. Isn't that what we would all want from our coach?

Transparency? Dabo has tried to control this story from the moment it broke. He blatantly lies about Ostarine being present in "almost anything", and has even stated that the NCAA needs to change its positive test policy. How exactly has Datboy been transparent? By attempting to spin the story or by flat out lying? Saban has already said all three players would not play again this season and possibly into next. Dabo is talking about excuses, appeals, and changing the policy.

Maybe they were. We will not know until the B sample results come in. I guess Dabo feels like he trusts his players enough to stick his neck out for them and say he believes they didnt intentionally do anything. Isn't that what we would all want from our coach?
B sample, right. This gives time for their pharmacists to come up with an agent to mask the positive result. Sarapova, the tennis player was banned for a year for a positive test.

Reactions: Brace1
hmmmm......Me thinks thou protects Dabo too much, I mean alot. I'm skeptical concerning your Gamecockness

Reactions: NetworkX
Lol, Taters trying to distract from their players using illegal PEDS. Classic!

Reactions: NetworkX
Just like he did when his players called BAW the n word.He asked them if anyone said it and they said no.Good enough for him,case closed.

You and your coach may want to review FERPA and HIPAA regulations. Saban handled it properly.

Reactions: A_F_Deerhunter
B samples tested positive.
Will Grier was suspended for a full season after testing positive for a banned substance.
Unless Clemson wins on appeal, the other 2 players that tested positive for Clemson will sit out 12 months also (and you can't use a RS on them for that year).

Reactions: PC31
As long as he moves decisively and correctly, he's under no obligation to talk.

Reactions: Tiger71
You and your coach may want to review FERPA and HIPAA regulations. Saban handled it properly.
Players sign a consent regarding the release of testing info as it relates to eligibility.

Saban just plays games, a la Belicheck, same as a few years ago. That is his prerogative, but some don't champion the lack of transparency. Had Coach Swinney done that, he would most certainly be vilified over here.

Reactions: Zann77
Players sign a consent regarding the release of testing info as it relates to eligibility.

Saban just plays games, a la Belicheck, same as a few years ago. That is his prerogative, but some don't champion the lack of transparency. Had Coach Swinney done that, he would most certainly be vilified over here.
That must be a fairly recent change. I know they didn't used to get releases for that. It's not necessary anyway, all they need to say is that a player is not eligible because of a violation of policy. I don't mind the manner in which Saban handled it...it protects the player's privacy and explains all that is needed to explain....also it prevents the coach from having to go through all the machinations that Dabo has done to try to explain away what more than likely occurred.

Last edited:
Reactions: LegalTiger
How? They could have only gotten the information from the AD, Dabo or the players. The players are the only ones who can publicly talk about it absent a waiver from them.
Looking back at it, I think Dabo did release the info at a presser. Thought I read about it before his presser but can't find it. Guess not.

Reactions: rogue cock
That must be a fairly recent change. I know they didn't used to get releases for that. It's not necessary anyway, all they need to say is that a player is not eligible because of a violation of policy. I don't mind the manner in which Saban handled it...it protects the player's privacy and explains all that is needed to explain....also it prevents the coach from having to go through all the machinations that Dabo has done to try to explain away what more than likely occurred.
It may be a recent change. I'm not sure when it was implemented. I understand your take, but the "violation of team rules" always drove me crazy, especially when Clemson utilized it.

Reactions: rogue cock
I'm wondering what does Saban mean for the rest of the season ?. The game Saturday and that's it for 2018 ? or would it include a possible next game a week from now, which it should.
Or does he parse words and claim the NC game officially occurs in 2019.

I'm not advocating one position or another, just wondering what exactly Saban is telling us.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT