ADVERTISEMENT

Sad news WYFF 4 Geoff Hart has Alzheimers

I always liked him. Since he moved to mornings, I didn't see him as often. Sad news for sure, but I will keep him in my prayers.

Dang, that sucks. Way before FGF or the internet, Geoff Hart was one of my primary sources of Gamecocks news.

Sad news...He was hired long after I moved to TN...does anybody remember this guy from many years ago?

I remember him on WYFF when I was a student at Byrnes High....

His opening line back then was "Hey Everybody"

Did Pamela Graham from WSPA ever come back?

Last edited:
I remember PJ from years ago.

Pamela Graham? I think she came back and did a couple of things on TV but not much. Was told she married a big checkbook and checked out

Does Alzheimer's start off being a very gradual disease in most cases. Example one forgets where they put the car keys and then it progresses into something much more serious. Like they don't know where they are from time to time?

I know there are exceptions but I was just wondering about how it started in most people.

Reactions: The Coup Nazi
Does Alzheimer's start off being a very gradual disease in most cases. Example one forgets where they put the car keys and then it progresses into something much more serious. Like they don't know where they are from time to time?

I know there are exceptions but I was just wondering about how it started in most people.

He said, he was reading something and just couldnt say the words. And then it went away and he was fine back a couple of years ago.

My wife of 51 years died March 3rd. She was diagnosed with dementia 6 years ago, got really bad 2 years ago. She had a massive stroke that ended her life; probably a blessing to us all as she could have lived another 10 years. She could not tell her doctor my name, or my daughter's name. I had to wash her, put her to bed, wake her up the next morning, feed her, start again. No quality of life. Horrible, horrible disease.

My wife of 51 years died March 3rd. She was diagnosed with dementia 6 years ago, got really bad 2 years ago. She had a massive stroke that ended her life; probably a blessing to us all as she could have lived another 10 years. She could not tell her doctor my name, or my daughter's name. I had to wash her, put her to bed, wake her up the next morning, feed her, start again. No quality of life. Horrible, horrible disease.
So sorry to hear this . Dude.

Our physician told me that some things people might suspect are not indicators of Alzheimer’s. A perfect example is forgetting where one puts their car keys. That’s not necessarily a symptom. However forgetting that you have a car most likely is.

I remember seeing J. D. Hayworth go up the side of Charlie Gertz's head live on air. Then the WYFF technical difficulty logo screen for a while after that. OT but been in Texas for awhile. Seeing WYFF brought back memories.

I've heard that the long goodbye is about a sad of a way to go as there is. I pray for him and his family.
Freddie, I have been told that alzheimers is a worse way to go than cancer. I don't know if that's so, but that's what I've been told. Relatedly, I've been told by someone who "died" as a youngster, "drowning", that drowning was painless. Don't know if that's true either. I have no plans to find out.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
Freddie, I have been told that alzheimers is a worse way to go than cancer. I don't know if that's so, but that's what I've been told. Relatedly, I've been told by someone who "died" as a youngster, "drowning", that drowning was painless. Don't know if that's true either. I have no plans to find out.
I've always heard Alzheimer's was a horrible way to go. Just think about living with your mate for years on end and then at some point they can't even recognize you. That happened to some people we know. She was first diagnosed with Alzheimers around the age of 56 or 57 and died when she was 61. Sometimes, as I understand it, people can live on the average of 10 years with Alzheimers after they are first diagnosed. That has to be a horrible way to go.

Last edited:
I've heard that the long goodbye is about a sad of a way to go as there is. I pray for him and his family.
My pops is gone and only 2 siblings are left. The youngest lives just outside of Augusta, Ga. and has alzheimers. It's a terrible thing since she was such a good person and lifelong military wife. She is beyond knowing anybody and I cannot imagine having to care for her. Love always conquers all.

• Love
Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
As we age it's not uncommon to think about the here after.

We go into a room and think "what am I here after?"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT