ADVERTISEMENT

Saints vs Rams

South Cack

Dec 29, 2017
How in the hell are the Saints fans getting away with blowing whistles when the Rams have the ball? They should have been hit with multiple unsportmanlike conduct penalties. I was wondering if I was going crazy because I heard it but thankfully the play by play guys called it out too, still no calls.

How in the hell are the Saints fans getting away with blowing whistles when the Rams have the ball? They should have been hit with multiple unsportmanlike conduct penalties. I was wondering if I was going crazy because I heard it but thankfully the play by play guys called it out too, still no calls.
The pro crowds get away with murder - sometimes literally. But to tell you the truth, I don't care who gets rooked or crooked now that Dallas is out of it. Whatever happens from that point is good for me.

Reactions: lostcock
The pro crowds get away with murder - sometimes literally. But to tell you the truth, I don't care who gets rooked or crooked now that Dallas is out of it. Whatever happens from that point is good for me.
I dont really care who wins but its annoying as hell wondering if that was a legitimate whistle or some douche in the crowd. I guess Im baffled the refs havent even mentioned it.

the worst "no-call" in league history

inexcusable

Twice in the national championship game the officials failed to throw a flag on an obvious pass interference. Smart move, I guess, to force the officials to make a call in a BIG game. More often than not, they don't want to "decide the game."

This one was clearly on the officials.

Driving late in regulation in the NFC Championship Game, Saints wide receiver Tommylee Lewis was clearly interfered with on the sideline, in addition to being the recipient of contact to the helmet, but the officials didn’t make any call whatsoever.

In the end, the Los Angeles Rams used that call, and a late Drew Brees interception, go make a drive in the overtime and win the game, earning a spot in Super Bowl LIII.

https://247sports.com/nfl/new-orlea...L-admits-blown-call-to-Sean-Payton-128095284/

I dont really care who wins but its annoying as hell wondering if that was a legitimate whistle or some douche in the crowd. I guess Im baffled the refs havent even mentioned it.
I was wondering about that. I was out playing baseball with my son and only saw OT. The whistles were terrible. How could anyone know when the play was really dead. Crazy. Glad Rams won, I hate NO (longtime Falcons fan)

Reactions: 92Pony
Yeah I’m an Eagles fan, and they lost last week, but either way the Saints aka Bagheads can suck it. They Eagles live rent free in their head, considering they said they would’ve beaten the Eagles last year, even though they couldn’t beat the Vikings and after the way they acted last week, karma doesn’t forget. Kamara and that punk Ingram are also tools. Have fun at home

Wow. That was an ugly no call. I understand not wanting to be the story late in the game, but by sitting on the flag, they just became the story.

I used to work SC HS level as back judge. I realize that’s clearly small fry compared to NFL playoffs, but still. If you want to keep your flag in your pocket toward the end of the game, then fine. Keep it in your pocket for the close stuff. But if grandma can see it from the top row of the stadium, you better throw the flag.

This one was clearly on the officials.

Driving late in regulation in the NFC Championship Game, Saints wide receiver Tommylee Lewis was clearly interfered with on the sideline, in addition to being the recipient of contact to the helmet, but the officials didn’t make any call whatsoever.

In the end, the Los Angeles Rams used that call, and a late Drew Brees interception, go make a drive in the overtime and win the game, earning a spot in Super Bowl LIII.

https://247sports.com/nfl/new-orlea...L-admits-blown-call-to-Sean-Payton-128095284/
It clearly was a penalty, BUT how many that werent called or were called changed the game? When they re racked it the Rams won.

It clearly was a penalty, BUT how many that werent called or were called changed the game? When they re racked it the Rams won.
I don't usually abide by the theory that one call or no-call can affect the game, but that one....without a doubt....did. Fastest apology by the NFL I have ever seen. Three flags could have been called on that hit alone....and none were. Saints would've run out the clock (or come within a few seconds of it) if any one of the three were called. My guess is someone will lose a job over this one.

I don't usually abide by the theory that one call or no-call can affect the game, but that one....without a doubt....did. Fastest apology by the NFL I have ever seen. Three flags could have been called on that hit alone....and none were. Saints would've run out the clock (or come within a few seconds of it) if any one of the three were called. My guess is someone will lose a job over this one.
Don't know about that, but I'll guarantee you that the official who was right on the play will never call a playoff game again. Maybe none of them on that side of the field will.

I really enjoyed that one. Sean Payton is a jerk and karma is a bitch.

You called it. Bounty gate. Of which Payton was the ringleader and banned for one
year. View video to see some on that cry babies finest work. Oh yeah, one other thing, this game cost Sidney Rice a Super Bowl ring.

Last edited:
Reactions: 92Pony
Anyone see KC defensive linemen get roughing the passer for tapping Brady on the chest? That was a terrible call as well.

Anyone see KC defensive linemen get roughing the passer for tapping Brady on the chest? That was a terrible call as well.
Everyone knows the defense is prohibited from touching Brady either above the waist or below the waist in the fourth quarter. That rule has been in place since the old "tuck" rule.

Saints can bitch and moan but they should have buried the Rams in the first quarter. 3 possessions inside the 10 and they only get 13 points . Game should have been over by the half . Great games today .

Second worst no-call I've ever seen. The worst was in a college game we were involved in.
Nope. This was way worse than a no-call on a push off.

I agree that the other one hurt us more as USC fans, but this was much more of turning a blind eye.
None of the refs at the game you're referring to ever admitted their mistake.

Nope. This was way worse than a no-call on a push off.

I agree that the other one hurt us more as USC fans, but this was much more of turning a blind eye.
None of the refs at the game you're referring to ever admitted their mistake.
The only difference is that the video equipment is better now. The responsiveness of the refs, or lack thereof, is a non-factor.

You called it. Bounty gate. Of which Payton was the ringleader and banned for one
year. View video to see some on that cry babies finest work. Oh yeah, one other thing, this game cost Sidney Rice a Super Bowl ring.

Egregious miss, but hard to have any sympathy for Sean Payton and the Saints

Bountygate is what solidified my disdain for Payton and the Saints. That game where they almost killed Favre really did it for me (and was criminal).

Admittedly that PI non-call was horrendous, that PF for roughing was absolutely terrible!! - And could have been pivotal, as that was a 3rd and long play.......

For supposedly being among the best throughout the season (I mean, that's how it's determined who gets to call the playoff games, right?), the refs were not very good on Sunday.

Still say Joe Cool is better than Brady. Brady is just like Manning, I can not and could not recall with a gun to my head when they ever took a big hit. And we’ve lived in the era of the instant highlight for years. That and the whole cheating accusation(s), joke roughing call like yesterday, and Joe never lost the SB to a backup

Not a Saints fan. But, that was simply unacceptable. Too much at stake to not make the right decision and throw the flag.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT