ADVERTISEMENT

Sam Madden to Georgia.

I thought his dad was excited about the Gamecocks? Maybe I'm thinking of someone else.

Originally posted by GCMD2:
I thought his dad was excited about the Gamecocks? Maybe I'm thinking of someone else.
Nope... It was Sam Madden... Kushlash anyone?

Originally posted by world famous 3rd base hecklers:
You always save the best for last...

Get treated like a king at UGA and commit to Carolina after the visit to UGA...
He shut it down. Not coming to USC next weekend.

Originally posted by G-C-Gamecock:

If so, it's not over until he signs on the dotted line...
From what I can gather, daddy played a big part in visiting Ga over us and then gave Mangus his word that the boy would be here next weekend. Coincidentally, daddy is the one now saying they're not coming here to visit. Dad runs that show and his mind is made up. Hold on to Pellage and get Derouen to commit and we should be ok.

If so, it's not over until he signs on the dotted line...
From what I can gather, daddy played a big part in visiting Ga over us and then gave Mangus his word that the boy would be here next weekend. Coincidentally, daddy is the one now saying they're not coming here to visit. Dad runs that show and his mind is made up. Hold on to Pellage and get Derouen to commit and we should be ok.
Well, if that's the case the dad is running the show, then it maybe the best thing for us... Don't need dads who think they know more than Spurrier...

Gotta love Dads who give their word only to not stick to it. Why not be honest and say we'll see after the Georgia visit. Quit wasting coaches time.

Originally posted by sanfordcock:
Gotta love Dads who give their word only to not stick to it. Why not be honest and say we'll see after the Georgia visit. Quit wasting coaches time.
I remember Jimmy Clausen's dad tried to get SOS to promise him a starting position if he came to Carolina. SOS informed 'dad' that he doesn't give starting positions away, players have to earn them.

Sounds like Madden's 'dad' has similar issues. Commitment to the son means as much as the dad's word to Mangus last week, as in neither means anything to dad or son...

Time to move on.

Helms was good get today. Had offers from Texas A &M, Penn State, and Mississippi State (?).

What would Jerry McGuire do?

I wonder how many kids we have gotten to switch around their visit to another school to come visit us. Then after they commit decide they aren't even going to take the other free trip. It doesn't happen often. But you know what, I'm proud that the coaches who represent our university, don't lie, or pressure these kids with a huge decision. As a matter of fact if it were reversed our coaches would have told him to take the trip. I want a championship as much as anyone but when I hear about some of the things coaches do I say to myself I don't want it if it includes that behavior.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT