ADVERTISEMENT

SC - TENN Game Thread

It is when that coachbis a clear liability.

Don't believe this team looks ostensibly worse than what we've seen the last couple of years. Pretty much all the same players not playing very well.

I wish we had gone a different direction too. But firing him now would likely make a bad situation worse. Not only the payout, but the blowback. We would be the most toxic place in the CFB universe and there would be hit pieces for years to come.

Reactions: DarkCock
Seriously? I'd violate their trust and would never hear about a damned thing from here on out. They both were members that did not vote to hire Caslen. If you can figure it out from the two pieces of information I gave, more power to you.
Rogue - do u have any info as to why Chadwell was not offered the job?

Don't believe this team looks ostensibly worse than what we've seen the last couple of years. Pretty much all the same players not playing very well.

I wish we had gone a different direction too. But firing him now would likely make a bad situation worse. Not only the payout, but the blowback. We would be the most toxic place in the CFB universe and there would be hit pieces for years to come.
Probably true....that's why I've said this is at least a 3-year hire and Tanner will not be involved in the next one. They will leave that to the new AD whoever that may be.

Reactions: PaleoCock
You do realize they scored the first 6 possessions on Mizzou last week. They are a good offense outscoring opponents 80-3 inn the first qtr
Do YOU realize ECU, UGA, and Kentucky and now UT, ALL scored on their first possession against this unprepared team????? This is not a D1 coaching staff. This is Richard Bell and Sparky Woods all over again. We will be the embarrassment of the college football world this week.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Do YOU realize ECU, UGA, and Kentucky and now UT, ALL scored on their first possession against this unprepared team????? This is not a D1 coaching staff. This is Richard Bell and Sparky Woods all over again. We will be the embarrassment of the college football world this week.
I think the WR coach is pretty good.

Reactions: Brace1
I think that was one of the things being worked out with Napier.
It was my understanding that was a sticking point with both of them but Napier went further along hoping they would drop the retention push.

Nope....I never asked. I just heard that a deal with Napier was being worked out...and then it wasn't.
Thanks for reply. This Beamer hire seemed like a mistake when it was announced and it is now being confirmed.
I don’t know how the people making the decision ended up with Beamer as their pick - it’s mind boggling to anyone who follows college football.

So don't fire him but Make it clear that he needs to dismiss his friends on staff if they're not cutting it. That was Muschamp's problem and it will be his too if he doesn't run the program like it's his personal business.

Shane is gonna have to prove he can coach and I don’t mean just the players. He has got to be able to coach up the staff too, cause most of those guys have never face this kind of competition. It’s a learning process and they gonna be looking for a leader. Beamer has to dig deep because next year we’re gonna be thinner!

Nope....I never asked. I just heard that a deal with Napier was being worked out...and then it wasn't.
I wondered why Auburn and UT passed on Chadwell. He seemed like a slam dunk hire. But then I thought:
Auburn’s excuse is they had already gone the small school, funky offense route with Malzahn. That worked great for awhile and then it stopped. So they weren’t going back to that again. Understandable.

UT had just brought in a new AD. That place was a dumpster fire and in chaos. In the middle of all that turmoil, their AD needed someone he was comfortable with, so he went with his coach from the school he just left. Understandable.

In SC’s case. I cannot come up with a reason why Chadwell wasn’t offered the job…..at least before Beamer. It’s seems criminal.

We're not any better either. (But Muschamp HAD to go.)

And we are currently playing our way into that toxic place every week. Don't be surprised when we start losing recruits and players to the transfer portal. Especially on the offensive side.

Seriously? I'd violate their trust and would never hear about a damned thing from here on out. They both were members that did not vote to hire Caslen. If you can figure it out from the two pieces of information I gave, more power to you.

Napier was Tanner's first choice....and Napier thought he had the job wrapped up. Then Caslen and a few members of the BOT got involved. Napier refused to interview again. Doubt we will get another shot at him.

Bullshit. I've caught you lying on here before. Funny you just now decided to drop the nugget. And won't name name.

In other words., you are full of shit.

1st Off series in 2nd half and we did not gain a single yard…not one ****ing yard.

Lot of truth here. This is still the same poor performing crowd Muschamp left us and to expect much improvement is just not realistic. Plus, we have a coach who is learning on the job in a tough, tough place to garner respect. Gonna take awhile.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT