ADVERTISEMENT

SC vs Michigan

Bryant is committing murder all over the court. What a block.

4-5 on the season. This loss didn’t hurt. The other 4 did though. Now at home against Virginia. Won’t win that one either.

I would have liked to hear that convo. between Frank and the younger ref., looked like he was coaching him up a little!

They played better. They need that effort in every game and less home cooking. Bryant needs to play more.

If the fans are frustrated as this with the inconsistency of the officiating, imagine how tough it must be for coaches and, even worse, the players.

I’d like the see one of the three guards (Gravett, Campbell, Moss) settle in and produce on both ends of the court. Gravett seems to score, but is a liability on defense. Notice when they needed a score they (Poole) went right at him. Campbell seems to play D but doesn’t score. I really expected more out of him and Gravett. I think Moss is finding his way at this level so I can’t say much there. It is nice to see all the freshman playing, but disappointing to see the lack of progress with some upperclassmen like Gravett and Kotsar.

I have tried to stay out of the conversation about Frank Martin, who I am a big supporter of him and his program. So you all can trash away. But as recruiting goes, this group of freshman is really the first class as a result of our Final Four run. We have some outstanding freshman and Couisnard has yet to be cleared by the NCAA. The year before last, that freshman class was pretty much established before the Final Four run. So back to the game and season to date, it is those freshmen who have been providing the most contributions, the upper class men must start to pick it up.

Great to see the freshmen doing so well. They are very talented. Unfortunately it's another bullet point on the list of excuses not to fire Frank

I have tried to stay out of the conversation about Frank Martin, who I am a big supporter of him and his program. So you all can trash away. But as recruiting goes, this group of freshman is really the first class as a result of our Final Four run. We have some outstanding freshman and Couisnard has yet to be cleared by the NCAA. The year before last, that freshman class was pretty much established before the Final Four run. So back to the game and season to date, it is those freshmen who have been providing the most contributions, the upper class men must start to pick it up.
if we had Jermaine Couisnard and Justin Minaya . This would be a totally different team. Frank Martin can coach if our fans would leave him alone

Reactions: salvacock
So you didn't watch ? The refs were total. BS
I watch plenty of college hoops! Officiating is horrendous and sometimes corrupt. Win the games you are supposed to win and this moral victory doesn't hurt so much. Play with this effort and intensity as the norm and this would be our first loss!

I watched a little of the second half. Some of those kids are definitely athletic/talented!
Shouldn't they be? The question is going to be how that translates into victories, and will those victories be enough? It's better if Frank succeeds than fails, but the erratic performance of this program two years after the Final Four is disturbing, to say the least. We ought to be on more solid ground.

Many of these talented kids are young and freshman. Give them some experienced and some more talent next year coming in and I believe that we can make some noise. The team that went to the final four was really a team that was in the making for several years with a few talented newcomers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT