ADVERTISEMENT

SC vs Michigan

Close score...17-16 but men have 7 fouls already to Michigan’s 1

They are playing with a pulse today. That's excellent. I liked the fact that FM is screaming at the officials - they are missing calls.

I figured we’d play well today against a team like Michigan. Then we’ll look awful against the next crap team we play. We play to our competition...but we don’t know how to win.

The foul calling is too blatant. No call when Kotsar got mugged and now Gravett is not close to fouling the 3-point shooter, and gets called. Really? Just shows refs are protecting the ranked team.

I liked the one where the Michigan player fell down with no contact he gets to shoot 3 fouls shots after a flop.

Reactions: BBallUSC
There are just too many guys on this team who you don’t want shooting or handling the ball at all.

Makes me want to have a big time basketball program again. AT LEAST a good environment. I miss the ole Carolina Colesium days. I know CLA would be awesome if we were winning at it was packed out. But Frank McGuire Arena was made for basketball. We had one of the largest old school colesiums in the country. It was a GREAT place to watch a basketball game.

We haven’t put a consistently good team (more than 2 years) in CLA yet to see how that could feel as a home court advantage / environment.

Need to follow up first half with decent 2nd half. We’ve been fine in the 1st half for the most part. 2nd half is where we have completely fallen apart in games we have lost.

How was that a foul? Much less a shooting foul? (Off the botched alley oop?). Crap call and Lawson hustling...Frank pulls him less than a minute into the 2nd half. Great...

So Silva falls down, their dude is falling down on Silva. Foul on Silva? This is why basketball is hard to watch now. Bailed a guy walking out and called foul on the dude he fell on.

Reactions: BBallUSC and 92Pony
56-45 Michigan. We just aren’t consistent enough shooting the basketball.

So Silva falls down, their dude is falling down on Silva. Foul on Silva? This is why basketball is hard to watch now. Bailed a guy walking out and called foul on the dude he fell on.
Yep. Apparently if you see a guy on the floor, fall in tionif them and get a foul called on them. You're absolutely right - BB is hard to watch (whether I'm watching SC or two teams I have no vested interest in). Foul calls are so inconsistent.....

Reactions: Carolina4
We're in the SEC, so I've seen some bad officiating, but this is redic!

I agree on the foul calling situation in college basketball in general. Its so inconsistent and just basically bad that it makes the game hard to watch.

I’d like to see Hinson ditch football and concentrate on basketball. He already helps this team but would be much better if he could concentrate on one sport.

Frink gets called for a foul standing flat footed grabs a rebound & the refs aren’t sure whom he fouled

Because.........it’s not an Effn foul !!!!

There have been some bad calls in this game, but our guys foul a lot. Slow on rotations, late close outs, bad balance from rim protectors, some really bad positioning on defensive rebounds.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT