ADVERTISEMENT

Screw the NIT (that's if we're invited)

Tournament-style experience for our young guys

Just asking ... Why, in the world, would our basketball team EVER need
Tournament-style experience???

Not to worry, ... We're not gettting a Nobody's Interested Tournament bid.

I must be the only fan that loved winning the NIT.

Yes!!! You are!!!

And you have an excellent memory, I might add. What year was that? Odom wasn't the coach, was he??? I thought that we fired him after 7 years of non-performance.

The NIT. If the players want to play some more,let them play. Not that anybody will really care, so it hurts nobody. I have heard the argument that it is great experience for younger players. Well, have heard that song and dance before during the Dave Odom era. That the extra games,and NIT success, was a springboard for the future. Where did that school of thought lead? To another NIT to be followed by Dave Odoms eventual firing. Bottom line is if you can't be one of the best 68 teams in the country, just pack up the uniforms and wait until next year.

We spend $900 billion a year on basketball and football and we have a terrible ROI. The only facts as I see them are:

1) Neither program is anywhere near where they think they are as far as postseason play.

2) We better get our arses to the NIT if invited.

2) We should’ve gone to the Belk Bowl on our knees, thanking our lucky stars for any decent bowl invite.

Who tf we think we are sometimes is just downright entertaining.

Reactions: Silverspur02
I’ll take an NIT win over sitting home doing nothing any day!

Polish your shoes, take your dog for a walk, clean your oven, call an older relative on the phone, paint the ceiling, vacuum the car, tighten loose screws around the house, organize your junk drawer, cook a special meal, donate clothes you haven't worn in two years to charity, or help a neighbor cause we ain't going to the NIT this year.

Reactions: king ward
Polish your shoes, take your dog for a walk, clean your oven, call an older relative on the phone, paint the ceiling, vacuum the car, tighten loose screws around the house, organize your junk drawer, cook a special meal, donate clothes you haven't worn in two years to charity, or help a neighbor cause we ain't going to the NIT this year.
You literally just described my day. And no, we ain't going to the Odom invitational.

It's the 'Losers' Tournament'. Frank needs to use the time spent preparing and playing in that useless endeavor to RECRUIT!
Not sure he really knows how to recruit. His best recruiter who he brought from KSU left to go to Oklahoma State within a year or two after getting here. The other recruiter he had a KSU stayed there for a while.

Reactions: lawcalcock
It's the 'Losers' Tournament'. Frank needs to use the time spent preparing and playing in that useless endeavor to RECRUIT!

Yeah, ‘cause that’s what a 17 year old recruit wants to hear...

“Postseason? Well, we might make it to the NCAA but if not, you just go back to classes while I make some phone calls. Sure, we could get invited to the NIT, potentially play 5 more games and have a chance to play at Madison Square Garden where we’ve cut down the nets 3 times, but that’s for losers. I mean, we’re a perennial powerhouse so they always want us in postseason play. Having that upper hand, we’re going to make them put us in the field of 64 or else we’re just not gonna play. That’ll show them, right? And it also gives you more study time. Sound good?”

First, the 68 best teams are not in the dance. There are automatic bids to conferences that are not top level, not even the best teams in their sorry conferences. So it isn't the losers tournament. It also gives additional chances to be on tv. That is called exposure. Finally, if the players want to go, I am all in favor of it. The FB players last year did not want to be in Charlotte and that showed quite well. It will be fun to see what Silva might have done without all the SEC fouls called on him. He reminds me of the Javan guy on Duke. He gets near someone and gets a foul called. Let em play.

OP that`s your sorry opinion. That was a lot of fun - defeated Maryland, Miami, who else St. Johns. Finished #1 out of 32. And did it back to back. Sorry you couldn`t get any joy out of it like the team, the coaches and a lot of our fans did. If we get it, hope you don`t bother to watch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT