ADVERTISEMENT

Screw the Panthers

ironwolf057

Apr 17, 2007
I've been defending them on this board for a long time, but I won't be anymore. Way to help out one of the states you claim to represent. We couldn't play the game on their field because they are "reseeding it". Now LSU gets a free home game and we'll never get one back.

Reactions: RayGilda
We wouldn't let them use ours for their practices. And they would have paid a good sum also. Can't remember amount the University would have received but the local impact ($) would have been huge.

I've been defending them on this board for a long time, but I won't be anymore. Way to help out one of the states you claim to represent. We couldn't play the game on their field because they are "reseeding it". Now LSU gets a free home game and we'll never get one back.

From what I understand, they were open to the idea, and were willing to help in any way they could.

I would not place the blame on the Panthers just yet...

Another issue was the lack of available hotel rooms due to the NASCAR race. Plus, they didn't want tens of thousands of people traveling to the game over highways and bridges that are still being inspected and claim the entire state's system of first responders is already over-stressed. So, it wasn't just about preserving the re-seeded turf. Even so, it seems like something could have been worked out to hold the game in Charlotte.

Reactions: RayGilda
Another issue was the lack of available hotel rooms due to the NASCAR race. Plus, they didn't want tens of thousands of people traveling to the game over highways and bridges that are still being inspected and claim the entire state's system of first responders is already over-stressed. So, it wasn't just about preserving the re-seeded turf. Even so, it seems like something could have been worked out to hold the game in Charlotte.

Charlotte is close enough that most of the fans would drive up for the game and drive back. So hotel rooms is not really a factor...

If Charlotte did offer Bank of America, then I am REAL disappointed in our administration.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT