ADVERTISEMENT

Season Ticket Payment Plan

College football is an entirely different animal than college basketball. The closest thing college football has seen to this in recent years is UCF this past season, but you can't convince me that they would have beaten Georgia, let alone Alabama. And you certainly can't convince me that a school like North Dakota State would make it to or succeed in the College Football Playoff if they hypothetically played a DI schedule and were allowed to participate.

I respect your job. It’s harder than it used to be with all the other options that compete for people’s entertianment dollar. I also appreciate you working for our great university.

Having said that, money isn’t the only issue. You may not want to use North Dakota State as an example. They got paid $2 million dollars to play Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa, Iowa State and Minnesota....and won all of those games.

Since the Bisons were paid its safe to assume they were paid by a program making more money than them. Money helps but it isn’t everything. We can beat teams that raise more money than us and lose to some that don’t. It’s not the only factor.

We are not UCF or N Dakota State. We routinely see articles of S Carolina football being in the Forbes top 25 most valuable college football teams....even when not in the top 25.

It’s hard to ask fans to shell out over $100 a ticket to see Coastal and Chattanooga (after seat fees). They’ll be lucky to get 1/3 of that on the secondary market. Then a cop wants to hassle those same fans if they want to try to recoup their funds for a big game like Clemson or Alabama.

I’ve also seen loyal GC members shut out of events like the Final Four and SEC title game. In the end, many season ticket holders were left looking on the secondary market, no better off than the casual fan. That’s pretty sad

I am not a Tater Tech fan, but my wife graduated from there and every IPTAY member got at least 2 national title tickets that put in an order. Yet we have some GC fans that can’t get tickets to our marquee events unless they give more? Yet our rival can get minimum donors into the national title game? And we wonder why we’re behind right now....

I respect your job. It’s harder than it used to be with all the other options that compete for people’s entertianment dollar. I also appreciate you working for our great university.

Thanks! I'm happy to be here and fortunate to work for my alma mater.

Having said that, money isn’t the only issue. You may not want to use North Dakota State as an example. They got paid $2 million dollars to play Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa, Iowa State and Minnesota....and won all of those games.

Yes, they did win those games. However, do you really think that they'd legitimately contend for a DI national title, per your Loyola-Chicago example?

Since the Bisons were paid its safe to assume they were paid by a program making more money than them. Money helps but it isn’t everything. We can beat teams that raise more money than us and lose to some that don’t. It’s not the only factor.

We are not UCF or N Dakota State. We routinely see articles of S Carolina football being in the Forbes top 25 most valuable college football teams....even when not in the top 25.

I'm assuming that many of the other schools in front of us are in our same conference. You're right, money isn't everything, but when you're trying to build a program to compete year in and year out with Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Auburn, Tennessee, Texas A & M, etc. it certainly helps.

It’s hard to ask fans to shell out over $100 a ticket to see Coastal and Chattanooga (after seat fees). They’ll be lucky to get 1/3 of that on the secondary market. Then a cop wants to hassle those same fans if they want to try to recoup their funds for a big game like Clemson or Alabama.

Ticket holders have been able to resell tickets well over face value for a couple of years now. 2017 USC vs. Clemson tickets were selling on the Gamecock Ticket Exchange for over $200 each, where the face value was $90.

I’ve also seen loyal GC members shut out of events like the Final Four and SEC title game. In the end, many season ticket holders were left looking on the secondary market, no better off than the casual fan. That’s pretty sad

I am not a Tater Tech fan, but my wife graduated from there and every IPTAY member got at least 2 national title tickets that put in an order. Yet we have some GC fans that can’t get tickets to our marquee events unless they give more? Yet our rival can get minimum donors into the national title game? And we wonder why we’re behind right now....

Unfortunately, the Gamecock Club does not control the amount of tickets specifically allocated to the school, so yes, there are ticket limits and sometimes not every donor can get them, depending on the event.

I cannot speak for the SEC Championship as I did not work here during that period. However, every donor who requested Final Four tickets in Phoenix received them, including new Roost (lowest level) who just joined during that time.

Ha Ha. I'm being called a tater. That is expected when someone doesn't hear what they want. Its called priorities. Some of us would rather spend our money on more worthwhile activities. I'm glad you like to spend your time getting drunk and screaming at college kids.

Probably has more to do with hoping your a Tater rather than Gamecock fan being rude to the ticket office of his alma mater for no reason. Kind of like no parent wants to admit their dead beat kid is worthless. I could be wrong, I am a lot.

If I knew my money was going into a five star recruit’s pocket I would write a check today. That’s how Clempson does it.

co-sign

Well said.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT