ADVERTISEMENT

SEC bowl games / UGA

viennacocks

Dec 19, 2011
I pull for all SEC teams in bowl games but can't get myself to pull for UGA.

What say you? Pull for all SEC or do you have exceptions?

Reactions: Poppy_Cock
Miami/WVU was a tough one as I really like Richt, and know it kills the Georgia fans for him to have any success, and generally don't care for WVU. But part of me was still hoping for an ACC loss. After a while I was just pulling for Holgorsen's head to explode as he started to lose it.

Last edited:
Do you like/pull for any SEC teams?

Teams I would pull for :Ole Miss, Vandy, Auburn sometimes UK.
UT, MIzzou, LSU would depend on who there playing
Can't stand UF, UGA, MSU, Arky (if it wasn't for Bielema I would pull for Arky.)
No thanks to Bama fans I can no longer stand Bama. They would swear they invented the game

Reactions: viennacocks
To pull for a conference just because you are a member of that conference is stupid...I promise you Clemson could care less if a ACC team every won another game...Fla. St...Alabama, Auburn, LSU and others the same...

....Its the mediocre teams that fans pull for that think like this

.....I think it makes the fans of these average schools feel more important if the conference teams win...what ever it is....its really strange

To pull for a conference just because you are a member of that conference is stupid...I promise you Clemson could care less if a ACC team every won another game...Fla. St...Alabama, Auburn, LSU and others the same...

.....I think it makes the fans of these average schools feel more important if the conference teams win...what ever it is....its really strange
Not sure if I agree.

I will cheer for Michigan tonight over fsu...My team recruits more against fsu than Michigan.

Reactions: J Cock
No more stupid than you pulling for a team you don't play for......and who gives a crap what Clemson cares about? They are not my "gold standard" in what's important.

Not sure if I agree.

I totally agree. It is strange and the only logical explanation is that it makes fans of bad teams feel better.

that's fine you disagree....If the historically better SEC teams continue to win, they will continue to out recruit SC....every once in a while SC will beat them on the field, but over time the Fla's, Ga's, Tenn's will beat you more than you beat them

..for SC to have long term success these teams have to go thru one or two cycles of bad football

I totally agree. It is strange and the only logical explanation is that it makes fans of bad teams feel better.

You are a bosox fan, I am an Indian. You don't always pull for the American League team in the series? I do regardless of the teams (with the exception of the Yankees). No different here imo.

that's fine you disagree....If the historically better SEC teams continue to win, they will continue to out recruit SC....every once in a while SC will beat them on the field, but over time the Fla's, Ga's, Tenn's will beat you more than you beat them

..for SC to have long term success these teams have to go thru one or two cycles of bad football
You're right and wrong. I remember a couple of years ago, top rated recruits wanted to play in the SEC because of number of draft picks that came out of the SEC (especially defensive recruits). The same behavior seems to apply to running backs selecting Georgia over other schools. As the SEC strength/performance wanes, more recruits will less likely prefer the SEC.

Reactions: funktavious
You are a bosox fan, I am an Indian. You don't always pull for the American League team in the series? I do regardless of the teams (with the exception of the Yankees). No different here imo.

You ask me a question.. I pull for one pro baseball team...the heck with the rest, and I don't pull for a AL in the W.S. if its a team not named Boston

......but that is the mentality of some SC fans

.. college recruiting, the life blood of any college football team, and again...the teams that recruit better will win more over time ..a the teams that win will recruit

...but you keep pulling for all those SEC teams to win if you don't agree with me

You're right and wrong. I remember a couple of years ago, top rated recruits wanted to play in the SEC because of number of draft picks that came out of the SEC (especially defensive recruits). The same behavior seems to apply to running backs selecting Georgia over other schools. As the SEC strength/performance wanes, more recruits will less likely prefer the SEC.

they want to play for the GOOD teams that consistently win in the SEC

You ask me a question.. I pull for one pro baseball team...the heck with the rest, and I don't pull for a AL in the W.S. if its a team not named Boston

.. college recruiting, the life blood of any college football team, and again...the teams that recruit better will win more over time ..a the teams that win will recruit

...but you keep pulling for all those SEC teams to win if you don't agree with me
Will do. You continue to pull against them.

Reactions: BigTomE
I'm sure Auburn, Tenn. and Fla. fans are hoping Georgia wins this game for the SEC, as I'm sure Auburn fans are pulling for Alabama this weekend

I don't know if everyone realizes it but pulling for a team in a bowl game has no impact on wins, losses or recruiting.

Reactions: Scuba_do
Wow, are you saying my mental telepathy will not work, darn .....you are breaking new ground with that announcement

I have one team. Period. The University of South Carolina. To hell with a "pro team".

As far as the rest of the SEC, I want them to do well just like I want my neighbors to do well. If my neighbors have cars on cinders blocks in the front yard and kudzu covering the front of their house that brings down the value of my home. To continue the analogy, the conference is our neighborhood association.

I have one team. Period. The University of South Carolina. To hell with a "pro team".

As far as the rest of the SEC, I want them to do well just like I want my neighbors to do well. If my neighbors have cars on cinders blocks in the front yard and kudzu covering the front of their house that brings down the value of my home. To continue the analogy, the conference is our neighborhood association.

Yeah, and the 10th best home in a 14 home cul-de-sac n'hood never looks as good as the others

so you using that association, you must make money off the SEC wins

Many posters would feel better about themselves if their neighbors cars were on cinder blocks. They are wired a bit differently.

Reactions: DarkCock
I'm sure Auburn, Tenn. and Fla. fans are hoping Georgia wins this game for the SEC, as I'm sure Auburn fans are pulling for Alabama this weekend
One of my close friends is an Auburn grad and to quote him "I rather burn in hell than ever pull for Bama"

I can't remember the last time I pulled against an SEC team playing an out-of-conference opponent. Having said that, I wouldn't have shed any tears if UGA had lost today. Richt is a good man and a good coach and I'd to see UGA's stupidity in firing him be rewarded. Hopefully, Georgia fans are excited about their 8 win season because I suspect that's going to be the norm with Smart at the helm.

Reactions: viennacocks
Yeah, and the 10th best home in a 14 home cul-de-sac n'hood never looks as good as the others

If I want my house to be the best in the neighborhood, it's my responsibility to make mine better, not hope that the others start to look like crap.

Reactions: BigTomE
If I want my house to be the best in the neighborhood, it's my responsibility to make mine better, not hope that the others start to look like crap.

Wow, watch out for that ditch....the original poster bringing up the wayward n'hood comparison to football teams in a conference was just that...out there

I chose to appease him

You could always build a nice house in a shithole neighborhood but it wouldn't have as much value as it would in a nicer neighborhood but if you want to have the nicest house in the neighborhood then by all means, build your house near Two Notch and see how much pleasure you get from it.

yea, its really helping SC when those SEC teams continue to win

South Carolina is (103-172-5) against SEC

30-27 since 2010..the "golden years" of SC football

I cant wait for another SEC victory by other conference teams..it makes me feel soooo good

I only pull for 2 teams. The Gamecocks and klempson's opponent. The whole conference argument has never made sense to me. I doubt very seriously that Alabama fans pull for other SEC teams to win.

I only pull for 2 teams. The Gamecocks and klempson's opponent. The whole conference argument has never made sense to me. I doubt very seriously that Alabama fans pull for other SEC teams to win.

Fans of good and great teams could care less if their conference teams ever win a game...but some fans of mediocre to bad teams need that "give me a ride on your back so I can beat my chest" after you win that game against out of conference teams

Reactions: shorecock
Fans of good and great teams could care less if their conference teams ever win a game...but some fans of mediocre to bad teams need that "give me a ride on your back so I can beat my chest" after you win that game against out of conference teams
I understand how you feel but there is another way to look at it. The media are the ones who hype the conferences and whether or not fans in other conferences root for their conference, they all root against the SEC and since we are apart of the SEC it makes since to root for them. I don't like UGA or UT but I dislike every team in the ACC more than either of those teams.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT