ADVERTISEMENT

SEC Bowl Games

Bud Wiser

Aug 14, 2021
Suddenly the SEC doesn’t look so bad…who would’ve thought a bunch of 6-6 teams would struggle in bowls?

Now the conference has wins by:
South Carolina (Dukes Mayo)
Alabama (Cotton)
Georgia (Orange)
Arkansas (Outback)

And the conference is guaranteed to have a National Champion. Kentucky leads against Iowa in Citrus, but it could go either way. Just crazy how everyone trashed the conference because some disappointing 6-6 Florida and Auburn teams did what they did all season…disappoint.

They just showed a picture of Alshon from 2012 (Bowl MVP) then Iowa immediately scored a TD. Coincidence? I think not! 😂

Go Hawkeyes. Just cannot pull for KY especially in this matchup.

Seems a bit strange to have a team that was in the Big10 championship game playing UK in a bowl. Weird year tho.

Reactions: jonesz21
They just showed a picture of Alshon from 2012 (Bowl MVP) then Iowa immediately scored a TD. Coincidence? I think not! 😂

Go Hawkeyes. Just cannot pull for KY especially in this matchup.
I admit…I hate Kentucky. But I also hate Iowa. They lovefest between fanbases in here at times makes me sick. Though I admit their fans that come on here mean well. I still hate them.

Suddenly the SEC doesn’t look so bad…who would’ve thought a bunch of 6-6 teams would struggle in bowls?

Alabama (Cotton)
Georgia (Orange)
Arkansas (Outback)

And the conference is guaranteed to have a National Champion. Kentucky leads against Iowa in Citrus, but it could go either way. Just crazy how everyone trashed the conference because some disappointing 6-6 Florida and Auburn teams did what they did all season…disappoint.
Add Kentucky in the winning list.

Add Kentucky in the winning list.
If Ole Miss can beat Baylor, the SEC wins 3 of the NY6, plus the National Title game.

Are Alabama and Georgia better than everyone else in the SEC? Yep. But no conference comes close to having as many teams that could compete with them. And if they played in any other conference, they’d be even more dominant.

I would imagine the conference bowl record would likely look better had the SEC not had two teams in the playoffs. Having two in there does make the matchups a little more difficult I would guess. Pretty much everyone has to play over their head to have success

If Ole Miss can beat Baylor, the SEC wins 3 of the NY6, plus the National Title game.

Are Alabama and Georgia better than everyone else in the SEC? Yep. But no conference comes close to having as many teams that could compete with them. And if they played in any other conference, they’d be even more dominant.
Baylor is a tough out, way better than Oklahoma State, which is trying to hang on versus Notre Dame.

Alabama (Cotton)
Georgia (Orange)
Arkansas (Outback)

Hey just one second!!! Florida & allbarn didn’t disappoint me😆

I honestly think i might pull for Klempsun if they played UK.
giphy.gif

Why are all these games on at the same time today?
That frustrates me to no end, but ESPN/ABC have done that for years. They "clear the way" for two afternoon and evening New Year's Six games (Rose and Sugar). They used to show the Gator, Outback, and Citrus at about the same time, but this year they replaced the Gator with the Fiesta Bowl

Yeah, I think we're seeing what happens when teams are excited about their bowl game. I think those early SEC bowl games featured a bunch of teams who weren't too thrilled about the way their season had gone. The Tennessee game stands out as the only SEC loss by a team who went into bowl season with some positive momentum.

Reactions: Bleadgandb3334
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT