ADVERTISEMENT

Seems like best baseball coach in state

CAPTCOCK61

Aug 14, 2004
Is at Presbyterian. It's very obvious Holbrook ain't gonna cut the mustard here. Tanner was a great coach but that don't make for a great AD. Does he have the nads to make a change before all is lost in the bball program?

Originally posted by CAPTCOCK61:
Is at Presbyterian. It's very obvious Holbrook ain't gonna cut the mustard here. Tanner was a great coach but that don't make for a great AD. Does he have the nads to make a change before all is lost in the bball program?
You might be right. Tim Corbin of Vandy coached there for 6 years when PC was transitioning from NAIA to Div. 11.

Their coach Elton Pollack is from Irmo and has always been a Gamecock fan. He lives in Columbia and commutes to Clinton. He was in the final 2 for the Duke job a few years back. Their search committe asked Tanner for the best young coach and he gave them Elton's name.

I think Monte Lee has raped the Midlands of the best players in the area for several years. All you have to do is look at CofC's roster and record to think what might have been.

Todd Interdonato at Wofford only has a few scholarships to work with and he may have the best team in the state.

What's funny is....it's very possible the worst 2 head baseball coaches in this state are the ones at the 2 highest profile programs (I initially typed, "premiere programs," but now....that would've just been a lie).

He is a fine coach, but I don't think I've ever seen anyone micro manage a game the way he does. It obviously works for him, however.

Originally posted by 1987gamecock:
Their coach Elton Pollack is from Irmo and has always been a Gamecock fan. He lives in Columbia and commutes to Clinton. He was in the final 2 for the Duke job a few years back. Their search committe asked Tanner for the best young coach and he gave them Elton's name.
HaHa... He and his brothers used to rag on me for being a Gamecock.

His brother, Brandon, played at Duke as a Safety. Was on their Outback Bowl team in the early 90s. Never knew he got some interest from Duke baseball.

I prefer to look at it as the WORST baseball coach in the state is in Columbia. Just as true.
shy.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT