ADVERTISEMENT

Shane Beamer has proven himself

I had no qualms with the hire, there was just too many folks talking about how good he can be to not seriously consider him.

That said, he has certainly proven to be a solid hire at this point. Proven…jury is still out. He certainly has a lot to sell right now. If we still only had the Feb signing period, he may could have swiped some kids away from others. He needs to snowball this moving forward.

Everyone needs to get behind him. This guy will build the program around positivity. Sure, a lot of that depends on what happens on the field. But early on, we gotta support this guy and this program.

Next year is still going to be difficult. Hopefully our players still have a chip on their shoulder.

There are two former players I can think of that said they didn't like him as an assistant coach because they were goof-offs and he expected better that went on to endorse him for coach saying he'd institute a winning culture. Those players were Garcia and Hampton, and frankly that in top of all the other players that lobbied for him should've been enough for a lot of your schmucks to get behind the hire and just hope for the best. No excuse for all of the premature bad mouthing and negative recruiting we've done to ourselves instead of just waiting to see what happens. Supporting your team means giving our coaches your support until it's proven we won't win with them.

Lets face it. Satterfield and Beamer drew up a masterpiece today!
This I'll say, they proved that they were willing to change the offensive design and utilize different skill sets to win a game that will redefine the season and enhance hope for program ascendancy. I really don't remember any other time that has happened around here in similar circumstances. It shows that they learned a little something and are adaptable. It deserves to be recognized.

This I'll say, they proved that they were willing to change the offensive design and utilize different skill sets to win a game that will redefine the season and enhance hope for program ascendancy. I really don't remember any other time that has happened around here in similar circumstances. It shows that they learned a little something and are adaptable. It deserves to be recognized.

Well put.

What are you talking aboute? We just did what we tried to do the last month of the regular season, try to lean on the run game to protect deficiencies at
QB, the difference is the OL blocked better and Joyner played better than Brown did.

Reactions: WingchunCock
I think a lot of us (including myself) were skeptical at his ability to turn this program around. My hat is off to Coach Beamer today. He had this team and staff ready to go. I want to say congratulation to Coach, staff and the players for a great game and for giving us Gamecocks something to be proud of.

He hasn't turned it around yet, but he's answered a lot of questions. Squeezing 7 wins out of this squad is a modern miracle.

What are you talking aboute? We just did what we tried to do the last month of the regular season, try to lean on the run game to protect deficiencies at
QB, the difference is the OL blocked better and Joyner played better than Brown did.
What I saw today was not the same as I've been seeing. Our most recent previous game resulted in a 30-0 loss. So pardon me if I detect some distinction. The liberal use of Joyner alone in the way he was used is something we haven't explored to any extent..

What I saw today was not the same as I've been seeing. Our most recent previous game resulted in a 30-0 loss. So pardon me if I detect some distinction. The liberal use of Joyner alone in the way he was used is something we haven't explored to any extent..

It's perplexing about Joyner. it's the first true look he's been given at QB since he's been here and he looked darn good.

Yeah, we used a lot of reads, did you want him doing that with the last healthy QB we had? I'm saying they've gameplanned for talent all year, and as the team struggled they adapted and as we got greener at QB they leaned on the run more, I'm saying you only seemed to notice because the execution was there and if you can only tell the difference when it's obvious like a QB run (prior to then realizing what they had in Joyner most likely during bowl prep it would've been irresponsible) or we win then you probably aren't the guy to pass judgment on how any coach is doing in year one.

Reactions: WingchunCock
I think a lot of us (including myself) were skeptical at his ability to turn this program around. My hat is off to Coach Beamer today. He had this team and staff ready to go. I want to say congratulation to Coach, staff and the players for a great game and for giving us Gamecocks something to be proud of.

It's still way too early for this. Muschamp looked like a great hire after year 2.

Today was huge. No, North Carolina wasn’t Bama, but just a huge win for so many reasons. I’m officially on board the Shane train.

Yeah, we used a lot of reads, did you want him doing that with the last healthy QB we had? I'm saying they've gameplanned for talent all year, and as the team struggled they adapted and as we got greener at QB they leaned on the run more, I'm saying you only seemed to notice because the execution was there and if you can only tell the difference when it's obvious like a QB run (prior to then realizing what they had in Joyner most likely during bowl prep it would've been irresponsible) or we win then you probably aren't the guy to pass judgment on how any coach is doing in year one.
Whatever.

So what are we talking about now? Execution or scheme adjustments? You seem to want a different dialogue.
The adjustments have been good and execution improved over the season with the exception of clemson which could've been different with his QB play, but my point is you didn't just say they did good and deserve credit, you only credited them for adjusting with the implication that this is an exception from the rest of the season.

Reactions: Crazy Cock 89
The adjustments have been good and execution improved over the season with the exception of clemson which could've been different with his QB play, but my point is you didn't just say they did good and deserve credit, you only credited them for adjusting with the implication that this is an exception from the rest of the season.
I think this was the best coaching performance of the year. I make that assertion without apology or concern.

A lot of it was simply play design. We haven't seen that all year until today. The bootleg to the weak side with the slot guy coming underneath down the line of scrimmage back to the weak side had UNC completely confused. It also moved Dak away from the pass rush and gave him time to hit the slot on that short route. That was a great play design by Satterfield that we haven't seen all year.

he's undefeated in bowls as a HC. 😉

I am happy with what I've seen from Beamer, I can see the identity he is working to build, and I've totally bought in to what he is trying to do. I'm behind him 100%. Having said that, I feel it's a bit premature to declare him a success before he has built us into what we and he want us to be. Can't we just be happy with the progress we are seeing and wait until year 4 or 5 to decide if he's the guy we've been waiting on for a century or so?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT