ADVERTISEMENT

Shaun Smith?

ScWildthing61

Sep 10, 2011
Was looking through an old nfl preseason magazine from around 2006, he was listed as a Cincinnati Bengals DT. It said he played for the Gamecocks in college, I honestly don't remember him playing for us, he would have played during the Lou Holtz era. I pretty much remember almost every player that is played for us going back to about 1997, I don't remember Sean Smith ever playing for us, maybe he played under a different name?

Was looking through an old nfl preseason magazine from around 2006, he was listed as a Cincinnati Bengals DT. It said he played for the Gamecocks in college, I honestly don't remember him playing for us, he would have played during the Lou Holtz era. I pretty much remember almost every player that is played for us going back to about 1997, I don't remember Sean Smith ever playing for us, maybe he played under a different name?

No, he played for us. He may have played a bit behind Cleveland Pickney or Langston Moore. Definitely during the Holtz days. He was one of those guys that didn’t play a ton and then played a lot in the NFL leading many to scratch our heads and wonder how that happens. I’m not positive, but he may have also been a JUCO guy.

Reactions: funktavious
No, he played for us. He may have played a bit behind Cleveland Pickney or Langston Moore. Definitely during the Holtz days. He was one of those guys that didn’t play a ton and then played a lot in the NFL leading many to scratch our heads and wonder how that happens. I’m not positive, but he may have also been a JUCO guy.

Butler CC in KS.

He was an underachiever for us but was signed by about 7 teams temporarily in the NFL. I think he was accused of punching Brady Quinn. From what I read of him, he is a scumbag.

He was an underachiever for us but was signed by about 7 teams temporarily in the NFL. I think he was accused of punching Brady Quinn. From what I read of him, he is a scumbag.

There were probably a lot of guys who wouldn't have minded taking a swing at Brady Quinn back then!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT