ADVERTISEMENT

Should We Expect Any Changes

sanfordcock

Oct 9, 2013
this week to the depth chart? All we hear is getting the best 11 on the field. I don't think we've done that thus far this year.

Just curious and not stirring the pot but who do you think we have on the bench that's better than those starting? I would like to see Nunez get in for specific situations, but besides him, I don't see any untapped talent sitting on the pine. It seems we are topped out and what we see is what we get. Maybe Shon moving above Williams? Oline seems topped out. Dline? Maybe a move or two there. LB's are topped out. DB's? We had one hurt, but they're what we have at this point. Who else?

I would give Carson more touches right now so move him to backup. I would make a change at CB. I would also make several changes at the WR position. There might me some slight depth changes along the DL, maybe at DE?

I would give Carson more touches right now so move him to backup. I would make a change at CB. I would also make several changes at the WR position. There might me some slight depth changes along the DL, maybe at DE?
I agree all of those are sore spots but who do we have at CB? Lammons was hurt and Jamari Smith is now at WR. Maybe Elder, but something happened there as he was slated to start against UNC and not sure if he has even seen a snap to this point. As for WR...I guess the true freshman could give it a go as well as what we currently have. DLine...I like the lineup but they need 4 qtrs. of effort and that's coaching. Again, not being argumentative, jist don't see reserve talent anywhere.

I'm sure I'll get slammed for saying this, but I think we've already made a great change to the starting lineup by replacing Mitch. As I've said in another thread, it's a very small sample size, but Orth looks like a competitor that's very capable of playing well above his talent level. Connor Mitch looked scared to death and I really feel like the team was quickly losing faith in Mitch's ability. The team appeared to respond well and became energized when Orth took the field. Perhaps the WR's will work harder to get open knowing the QB is more capable of delivering the ball...? We can only hope.
For the record, I'm not necessarily bad mouthing Mitch. He's talented, but he's not game time ready. With more game experience I really do think he will be a good QB.

I agree all of those are sore spots but who do we have at CB? Lammons was hurt and Jamari Smith is now at WR. Maybe Elder, but something happened there as he was slated to start against UNC and not sure if he has even seen a snap to this point. As for WR...I guess the true freshman could give it a go as well as what we currently have. DLine...I like the lineup but they need 4 qtrs. of effort and that's coaching. Again, not being argumentative, jist don't see reserve talent anywhere.

And that, is a problem.

I have a question after viewing the most recent posted depth chart. Maybe someone can help?
Through the first two games, it seems like our most productive defensive linemen are Stallworth, Griffin, and Sawyer. All 3 are listed at the same DT position.
Dixon Jr, Dukes, and Lamin are listed at the other DT/NT spot. The coaches keep saying that they're trying to put the best 11 players on the field. I realize moving from one DT to the DT position on the other side of the ball might not be ideal, but it seems worth a shot to get any combination of Stallworth, Griffin, and Sawyer on the field together. Any thoughts?

Did see Carson as backup now. Interesting that Lammons and Elder are at the same CB position. Will Elder start since Lammons is hurt or will they stick with Harris & McWilliams? Also noticed August moved to 3rd now. Googer is listed as the starter over Heard and Jamari Smith makes an appearance on the 3-deep. So I'm seeing some changes, maybe, I expected.

Lammons has played like trash.

Orth has done a good job.

Carson looks good...D Williams has looked like Mitch - Overrated.

The Defense as a whole looks good...for periods. If they can put it together for an entire game, people will be pleasantly surprised this weekend and for the rest of the season.

Not alot of hope. Youre right. Just show up clap and enjoy the party, food and friends and good weather. We will just circle the last game like the good ole days and pray players' emotion can get us a win cuz the talent aint there this season. Or next as far as i can see. Old carolina is back!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT