ADVERTISEMENT

Should we just clean house?

Haven't lost to them in every major sport since the '05-'06 school year. That's over a decade. Should definitely cause some heads to roll some place.

Reactions: gamecockrealist
Heads need to roll. Change is necessary in this situation.

This board is why USC is made fun of so much in college sports!!!
Yeah, because all the other Carolina boards are so pleased with the athletic program right now. I don't worry about what other's opinions are of this board. I guess I'm supposed to go get angry and wanna fight because someone laughed at comments on this board or something. I think most of us realize the school president isn't getting canned because the baseball team is struggling right now.

Last edited:
Posters invite the Clemson post by asking for firing of the AD. ..and the baseball coach 2 weeks into a 50 game schedule
you post outlandish opinions you should expect sarcastic responses
Agree but let's be fair too.
Holbrook has been a disappointment for some time now.

C:\Users\uh848d\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.jpg

A Clemson Tradition

Message board tough guys are hilarious. I get why folks get frustrated when SC loses to Clemson, but folks need to take a breath. When your self-worth is achieved or diminished by 20 year old boys playing sports, it's time to get help.

Clean house? Didn't baseball go to Supers last year? (And twice under Chad?). Chad's biggest problem is that he is the guy who came after Ray Tanner who just happened to hang it up as he was peaking. To be honest, I think some of the players have let him down this year. Pitching was supposed to be the strength this year, and the bullpen didn't get it done twice vs. Clemson. As for the headline players for SC (position players), they haven't quite shown the "onions" that some of the players in the past have shown. Perhaps that is where Chad need to get to them behind closed doors.

As for the rest of the dept:
Women's Hoops - 4 straight SEC titles/3 straight SEC Tourney titles
Men's Hoops - going to NCAA for 1st time in more than a decade. (On the rise)
Men's Soccer - NCAA Tournament last year (say what you want about Coach Berson, but he has to recruit to Conference USA, not the SEC.
Women's Soccer - SEC Champs this past year and has been to the Elite 8 twice in last 3 years.
Softball - 4 straight NCAA Tournaments
Men and Women's Golf - Both made it to NCAA Championships last year
Men and Women's Tennis - both ranked in top 25. Women were in NCAA Tournament last year as well
Football - went from 3 wins to a bowl game this year. I think we're moving in the right direction.

So based on the above, I think folks need to take a deep breath.

Go Gamecocks!

Message board tough guys are hilarious. I get why folks get frustrated when SC loses to Clemson, but folks need to take a breath. When your self-worth is achieved or diminished by 20 year old boys playing sports, it's time to get help.

Clean house? Didn't baseball go to Supers last year? (And twice under Chad?). Chad's biggest problem is that he is the guy who came after Ray Tanner who just happened to hang it up as he was peaking. To be honest, I think some of the players have let him down this year. Pitching was supposed to be the strength this year, and the bullpen didn't get it done twice vs. Clemson. As for the headline players for SC (position players), they haven't quite shown the "onions" that some of the players in the past have shown. Perhaps that is where Chad need to get to them behind closed doors.

As for the rest of the dept:
Women's Hoops - 4 straight SEC titles/3 straight SEC Tourney titles
Men's Hoops - going to NCAA for 1st time in more than a decade. (On the rise)
Men's Soccer - NCAA Tournament last year (say what you want about Coach Berson, but he has to recruit to Conference USA, not the SEC.
Women's Soccer - SEC Champs this past year and has been to the Elite 8 twice in last 3 years.
Softball - 4 straight NCAA Tournaments
Men and Women's Golf - Both made it to NCAA Championships last year
Men and Women's Tennis - both ranked in top 25. Women were in NCAA Tournament last year as well
Football - went from 3 wins to a bowl game this year. I think we're moving in the right direction.

So based on the above, I think folks need to take a deep breath.

Go Gamecocks!

Well I guess you can leave then since it's "just 20 year old boys." Why do you watch and post about it then?

Because I enjoy intelligent conversations about sports, but obviously you are not capable of that. Love to talk about sports, but it doesn't ruin my day if my team doesn't win. I find it hilarious that folks on message boards who have never worked in in athletics find themselves qualified to be an A.D.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT