ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP Taters lose another assistant

My understanding this has been plan for over a year. Just moving from an on field position to a off field position. His replacement was hired a couple years ago.

We saw the difference with Venable not calling the D
How so? ISU scored one TD. They averaged 435 yards a game before Wednesday, with 339 against Iowa, 374 against OKSt, and 361 against OK. They put up 270 on us. Absence of Hall undoubtedly hurt them, but he only had 69 against Iowa, 70 against OKSt, and 58 against OK. Brock and Silas ran well. I certainly didn't look at the D and think, "Man we could use Venables right now." And that was without Skalski.

Reactions: tatertots16
My understanding this has been plan for over a year. Just moving from an on field position to a off field position. His replacement was hired a couple years ago.

Thomas Austin, ex OL Clemson Alumni, coach for Shawn Elliott at GA State. Left GA State “ Pay Cut “ 2 years ago to work under RobbIe Caldwell as a Offensive Analyst knowing this day was coming soon!!

Reactions: GMClemson33
Thomas Austin, ex OL Clemson Alumni, coach for Shawn Elliott at GA State. Left GA State “ Pay Cut “ 2 years ago to work under RobbIe Caldwell as a Offensive Analyst knowing this day was coming soon!!
Austin accompanied the coaches on visits with prospects too. This has been planned for some time. Caldwell just didn’t want a public announcement until after the bowl game

Robbie Caldwell is a great coach and a greater man. Everybody enjoys his company - a fun talking country guy. Clemson will miss him.
He’s going nowhere. According to my tater neighbor in the know, he will have a role very similar to what Brad Scott had. Look for him to be very present and active in SC high schools.

Well, by season's end, he really turned then around.
I don't think he had a whole lot of talent on that OL. Had a 2-star FR or SO whose only other offer was App State starting at center. From my understanding other positions on the OL were almost as deficient.

He may have done one of his best coaching jobs this year. He definitely knows how to develop the talent he has.

The taters I know have been calling for his head all season. OL coach is a popular scapegoat-
Same here! They were ready for him to be gone to which I said careful what you wish for! Dabo’s golden horseshoe on rehires hasn’t failed them yet though!

Reactions: mcbear30
How so? ISU scored one TD. They averaged 435 yards a game before Wednesday, with 339 against Iowa, 374 against OKSt, and 361 against OK. They put up 270 on us. Absence of Hall undoubtedly hurt them, but he only had 69 against Iowa, 70 against OKSt, and 58 against OK. Brock and Silas ran well. I certainly didn't look at the D and think, "Man we could use Venables right now." And that was without Skalski.
The D did not act like they had the other teams playbook. Venables adjusted to things much better. Give the devil his due, he was very good. ISU could have very well won the game except for the fumble. Skalski won't make a pro roster. Good in a scheme in college but not big enough or fast enough for the pros. See Boulware

The D did not act like they had the other teams playbook. Venables adjusted to things much better. Give the devil his due, he was very good. ISU could have very well won the game except for the fumble. Skalski won't make a pro roster. Good in a scheme in college but not big enough or fast enough for the pros. See Boulware
D against ISU looked like our D all year. Stepping up to make a play after the O struggled the whole game. I mean, except for the USC game. And whether Skalski is pro quality is irrelevant. He is the leader of the D. There was literally no drop-off at all with Goodwin as DC. That's my point.

Comparing stats from others games with the best player on the team playing vs him not playing against y’all? Projecting a lot with that opinion. The best player on either side of the field always draws the most attention of the opposing team. Allows other players more opportunities. Stats don’t tell the whole story when you’re missing your best offensive weapon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT