ADVERTISEMENT

Since fat brad’s son has left Tiggertown

Another episode of "The end is near for Clemson". Stay tuned as we continue this riveting series for the next 10 years.
Exactly. I thought it was DeShaun Watson. Then I thought it was Jeff Scott. But there was no drop off at all. It is more likely that losing Trevor Lawrence will hurt their record next season.

Exactly. I thought it was DeShaun Watson. Then I thought it was Jeff Scott. But there was no drop off at all. It is more likely that losing Trevor Lawrence will hurt their record next season.
Not to mention Etiene. He always made plays when they needed them. The rest of the RB’s I ever saw behind him were just “ok”.

Reactions: OldWiseCock
That you Todd? I don't know why we do this every year. Here is Clemson's recruiting every year since they first appeared in the playoffs:

• 2016 - #11 overall, #7 in average ranking per recruit, second smallest class in top 10
  • 2017 - #16 overall, #4 in average ranking per recruit, tied for smallest class in the nation with Stanford
  • 2018 - #7 overall, #3 in average ranking per recruit, third smallest class in the nation behind Duke and Stanford
  • 2019 - #10 overall, #16 in average ranking per recruit, large class on par with top 10
  • 2020 - #3 overall, #2 in average ranking per recruit, smallest class in top 10
  • 2021 - #5 overall, #3 in average ranking per recruit, second smallest class in top 20
  • 2022 so far - #28 overall, #4 in average ranking per recruit, fewest recruits in the country and half that of the top 10 teams
I'm not seeing that drop-off. Every year, Clemson's class tends to finish somewhere in the top 10, but they tend to have a top 5 average ranking per recruit, which is far more important, because no contender comes close to signing as few players as them. This year, every one of their signees but one is in the top 200 players. The one that isn't just won an award as the best high school kicker in the country. Their class also includes a soon-to-be 5 Star QB whom Rivals called the second best QB in the country this week (Sports Illustrated called him #1) after he won the Elite 11 by the largest margin this decade and The Opening.
Not much excitement on taternet, I reckon?

Reactions: redrogers
Who knows what’s true, but it is peculiar that Dabo basically accepted the job for him. Nothing weird about that at all. I can say 2 things as sure as the sun. EVERYONE cept Clemmons fans know something has been up since Sammy Watkins. And while I certainly would take their past 5-6 years, you cannot keep up the Stepford Wives appearance but for so long, especially when your Top 3 classes have been blasted in the playoffs the past 2 years with a generational QB, all while your only rival just won their 47th MNC this decade.

People gonna start showing that unhappiness. But yes, he and Brad can suck it. Carolina paid them a lot of money to drag this school all through the mud, and back again.

Reactions: redrogers
I found it just a bit odd that Jeff wanted to go to USF. Why? You’re making $1 million a year at a Cush gig in tatertown. Your fat pops is royalty up there after his ride on the shoulders stunt he pulled. Seems weird to bounce to the first school that asked you, not like he left for an ACC or SEC HC job.

giphy.gif

I get you're brand new here, but I'm an old hat on here (I've been here for 12 years and I have thousands of posts, though I clean them every so often). The guy made a comment that Clemson's recruiting is falling off. I posted the numbers from 247 which takes 10 minutes to find to show that's not true. A ton of people have commented that we have this same conversation every summer (of course, you wouldn't know that, because I assume you just got that newfangled internet this year). We've been saying this crap since Ellis' cycling out comment like 6 years ago. At some point you have to stop. it

That you Todd? I don't know why we do this every year. Here is Clemson's recruiting every year since they first appeared in the playoffs:

• 2016 - #11 overall, #7 in average ranking per recruit, second smallest class in top 10
  • 2017 - #16 overall, #4 in average ranking per recruit, tied for smallest class in the nation with Stanford
  • 2018 - #7 overall, #3 in average ranking per recruit, third smallest class in the nation behind Duke and Stanford
  • 2019 - #10 overall, #16 in average ranking per recruit, large class on par with top 10
  • 2020 - #3 overall, #2 in average ranking per recruit, smallest class in top 10
  • 2021 - #5 overall, #3 in average ranking per recruit, second smallest class in top 20
  • 2022 so far - #28 overall, #4 in average ranking per recruit, fewest recruits in the country and half that of the top 10 teams
I'm not seeing that drop-off. Every year, Clemson's class tends to finish somewhere in the top 10, but they tend to have a top 5 average ranking per recruit, which is far more important, because no contender comes close to signing as few players as them. This year, every one of their signees but one is in the top 200 players. The one that isn't just won an award as the best high school kicker in the country. Their class also includes a soon-to-be 5 Star QB whom Rivals called the second best QB in the country this week (Sports Illustrated called him #1) after he won the Elite 11 by the largest margin this decade and The Opening.
They still have an open road to the CFP as long as no one in the ACC is close to them. No one in the ACC is close. An early loss to Georgia, if it comes, won't necessarily eliminate them and we aren't nearly ready to derail them.

USC needs to demand an atmosphere where they can compete with Clemson instead of hoping for a Clemson collapse, as folks dance with visions of grandeur in their heads over getting commits from a handful of 3 stars in July, as Clemson bides their time to see which 4-5 stars they pick. And it is comical that some believe that Jeff Scott was the key to Clemson’s recruiting success. It's Dabo. Always has been, and will be until he retires.

USC needs to demand an atmosphere where they can compete with Clemson instead of hoping for a Clemson collapse, as folks dance with visions of grandeur in their heads over getting commits from a handful of 3 stars in July, as Clemson bides their time to see which 4-5 stars they pick. And it is comical that some believe that Jeff Scott was the key to Clemson’s recruiting success. It's Dabo. Always has been, and will be until he retires.
He WAS the recruiting coordinator, respectfully.

Reactions: jackrabbit slim
We used to take Brad turkey hunting when he was our coach. He was extremely nice, and seemed like a good guy in general. He acted like church/God is important to him. If the rumor above is true, I can see why Jeff would look to get out of town. Family ashamed, possibly trying to save your family, etc..

good%20job%20clapping%20reaction%20memes.gif

SC fans before Jeff Scott takes HC job: There's something weird up there. Notice how none of their assistants ever gets HC jobs? If they are so great, why doesn't anyone want their assistants?

SC fans after Jeff Scott takes HC job: There has to be some scandal to explain why he left such a cushy and high paying job. Why else would anyone leave?

SC fans before Jeff Scott takes HC job: There's something weird up there. Notice how none of their assistants ever gets HC jobs? If they are so great, why doesn't anyone want their assistants?

SC fans after Jeff Scott takes HC job: There has to be some scandal to explain why he left such a cushy and high paying job. Why else would anyone leave?
tenor.gif

Reactions: ecrumpton
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT