ADVERTISEMENT

Slow start in 21 recruiting.

statelinecock

Oct 2, 2010
Just checking 247's rankings and was suprised to see us at 61. Also couldn't help to notice UNC has 10 4 stars and the 3rd ranked class. I know the virus has thrown some curves but I think they've reeled in a few during this time. Hopefully things will get to moving a few will starting commiting.

Just checking 247's rankings and was suprised to see us at 61. Also couldn't help to notice UNC has 10 4 stars and the 3rd ranked class. I know the virus has thrown some curves but I think they've reeled in a few during this time. Hopefully things will get to moving a few will starting commiting.

the UN Carolina situation frightens me for a great many reasons but mainly it’s one more problem we don’t need right now

Went pretty good this year after that 4 win season. Just saying
I've never been a college recruiter, but from everything I've read/heard, the current season affects juniors and sophomores, not so much seniors.

I've never been a college recruiter, but from everything I've read/heard, the current season affects juniors and sophomores, not so much seniors.
It effects seniors too. They could have all cut bait . Our season was crap from September through November. Our recruits had plenty of time to bail. They didn't. Also, our main recruit Burch and another highly recruited player , Huntley waited until February.

It will get better. Wont be elite, but will get better. Probably top 25 class. Am sure many of the players being chased are waiting for offers from the more elite programs. A percentage of the good players left after the top programs will filter to Columbia. Now, is it going to do any good to finish 9th in recruiting in the SEC, with Clemson also in the top 5? No. But it will begin to look better than it does now. As far as Mack Brown....his coaching genius has been questioned at times, but the man can flat recruit. And players beat scheme any day.

In my opinion, this is the year that Muschamp needs to show that he can get it done on the field. If he doesn't, I don't see how he can recruit, with people concluding that Year 6 would be do or die for him. Finish at least in the Top 20, then I believe you have a very good story to tell to recruits.I'm not going to say we have SEC East championship material. BUT I do believe we have good enough talent to be a force to reckon with in the SEC this year. We will find out if we have the coaching, assuming there is a 2020 season.

Reactions: Garnetskies
It will get better. Wont be elite, but will get better. Probably top 25 class. Am sure many of the players being chased are waiting for offers from the more elite programs. A percentage of the good players left after the top programs will filter to Columbia. Now, is it going to do any good to finish 9th in recruiting in the SEC, with Clemson also in the top 5? No. But it will begin to look better than it does now. As far as Mack Brown....his coaching genius has been questioned at times, but the man can flat recruit. And players beat scheme any day.
Especially when the opponent has a bigger meatball on the sideline.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT