ADVERTISEMENT

So Barham's High School Coach Called Beamer a Liar

You may be right. But what source is Beamer relying on? He hasn't named his source. Both the Maryland coach and and the High school coach have come forward, that at least adds some credibility to their claim. Beamer should name his source and let him come forward with proof.
Beamer said he got a call telling him the kid was planning to flip on signing day all along and this was staged. So Beamer was kind of expecting this. The kid and the mom played him the night before. There is no source he needs to reveal. I doubt he would say he got a phone call tipping him off if not true.

"The sad part is, people don’t know people and they just make judgements, right, and they put it out there. I was a little disappointed in coach Beamer for him to say that about that kid because that’s not the truth..."

Says that they may cut off Gamecocks from recruiting there, like they did LSU. Drama queens.

Also, unless you want to get really pissed, do not read the comment section.

https://247sports.com/college/maryl...r-for-Barham-comment-It-wasnt-true-178587796/
Screw this coach, Maryland, and their trash fans. Us longtime fans going way back know what a bunch of thugs Maryland fans are. Those basketball games under McGuire against Maryland were nasty.

Sadly, you stated the problem concisely. I taught my kids old school. Never lie, cheat or steal….help others less fortunate, and admit when you’re wrong. Today’s world has indeed blurred those lines.
You were a good parent and at age almost 70, I was raised that way too. But lately, we have been on a collision course with decency and deceit. It is the new culture from a group (or several groups) that really had no culture before. This is the new norm.

I agree to certain extent but this situation seems way out of the norm and was completely unnecessary. Committing one day and confirming the night before then Beamer receiving information that this is all a gambit is not a normal situation. Kid played our program and tried to embarrass us. Screw him and his parents, coaches and all involved. Most people with any class would agree. I’m glad Beamer called them out because it throws it back in their face and shows them as having zero class. It makes them look bad, not Beamer or the program and that’s why they are upset and trying to CYA. But they deserve every bit of blow back for their behavior. Kid needs to learn right from wrong. Hopefully this helps him in the future.
What about the blowback our way? Is this being blown out of proportion by the Sports media? We got played, but not like we haven't been played before. What the difference in this kid flipping and the kid that flipped to Clemson. In the end the results are the same. The only reason Beamer is butt hurt is he supposedly got some reliable info about a conspiracy about bring part of a publicity stunt.

Beamer said he got a call telling him the kid was planning to flip on signing day all along and this was staged. So Beamer was kind of expecting this. The kid and the mom played him the night before. There is no source he needs to reveal. I doubt he would say he got a phone call tipping him off if not true.
Sounds like Beamer may have got played by his source. Not doubting Beamer's story, just maybe the info from his source.

• Haha
Reactions: Lakecock1
What about the blowback our way? Is this being blown out of proportion by the Sports media? We got played, but not like we haven't been played before. What the difference in this kid flipping and the kid that flipped to Clemson. In the end the results are the same. The only reason Beamer is butt hurt is he supposedly got some reliable info about a conspiracy about bring part of a publicity stunt.
Coach didn't make a big big deal out of it. He got asked a question, and he answered it honestly. I don't think the media or nation is making that big a deal out of it either. it's just our fan base and theirs that cares.

Coach didn't make a big big deal out of it. He got asked a question, and he answered it honestly. I don't think the media or nation is making that big a deal out of it either. it's just our fan base and theirs that cares.

This. Theatrics aside, just another story of a kid waffling until the last second on whether to attend school close to home or not. There's probably a good chance he will eventually been a portal pilgrim anyway.

Once again, this is not about a kid changing his mind. This was a planned, orchestrated flip on the part of the kid and Maryland to generate hype.
Yep…..And in the college football world I can’t think of a single team that needs it more than Maryland. Hell, Saint Francis probably has better national publicity football than those clowns.

The difference is his family and the Maryland Staff was in on it the whole time, and this isn't the first time UMD pulled this stunt.

"butt hurt"? You mean pissed off. Put the damn blame where it belongs and quit talking shit on coach.

I've been to a game at Maryland. Sucky environment.
Seriously. May be some serious NIL $$ involved, which is cool now. No good football reason why you would choose Maryland over any SEC team. But we may have dodged a bullet. If the kid approaches relationships this way, he does not fit the culture that Beamer is building here.

Reactions: cockn'fyr
You may be right. But what source is Beamer relying on? He hasn't named his source. Both the Maryland coach and and the High school coach have come forward, that at least adds some credibility to their claim. Beamer should name his source and let him come forward with proof.
I don’t think Beamer is dumb enough to go any further with this. He’s not in court. He doesn’t need to prove anything. To do that would just drag this on.

The high school coach is lying when he said the kid changed his mind 5 days ago. Beamer had just talked to him and his mom the night before and they said how grateful they are to have the opportunity to attend South Carolina. Then Beamer tries to call him the morning of signing and even text him and no answer. I don’t care if the kid changed his mind but don’t try to make it something it’s not at our cost. The Maryland faithful are commenting how great that high school is supplying talent but yet the Terps have never won anything.

It'll all blow over and it's just one school anyway. For what it's worth, I believe our coach. He's not the type to fabricate. The other side just didn't count on being publicly exposed and so now have to impugn our coach's veracity. I'm sticking with our coach on this - all the way.

The thing is if Beamer knew this the day of his commitment, he should have leaked it then to the recruiting sites so fans didn’t go wild celebrating his commitment.

If Beamer was going to take the positive publicity, he needed to just accept the criticism and not leak the info at that point.

The thing is if Beamer knew this the day of his commitment, he should have leaked it then to the recruiting sites so fans didn’t go wild celebrating his commitment.

If Beamer was going to take the positive publicity, he needed to just accept the criticism and not leak the info at that point.
That involves significant risk - the risk of being set up by a tipster. You don't take that risk if you let things play out before you say anything. I'm not going to pan him. The wrongdoing that precipitated all this didn't start with him.

Beamer is a straight up guy. Leaking something is not his style.

Coach sounds like an a$$. It’s not what’s best for your players to ban a school from recruiting them. That’s a total power move by someone that wants to be in control.

I doubt Beamer lied about the call. But this is a learning experience for him. I’m sure the reason he mentioned it was because he wanted to explain it when we had so much momentum. In the end, Beamer probably shouldn’t have said anything. Nothing to gain and you’ll never win going against an 18 year old and their mom…especially when you are making millions of $’s. But he’ll learn.
You’re probably correct.

Why and what purpose does that serve? Move on to the next player. Screw it. He told the truth. Say it and move on with life.

Taking someones word is getting "punked" not hardly. Beamer took his word and his word wasnt worth shit. I'm amazed at how little personal responsibility means these days.
Amen. And amen again. You’re spot on there, but the younger generation is clueless about accountability. It’s always everyone else’s fault. Or I should be able to do what I want and you can’t judge me for it. BS!!! You’re a worthless piece of debris. Period. Now go find your safe space bs.

Tha
The high school coach is lying when he said the kid changed his mind 5 days ago. Beamer had just talked to him and his mom the night before and they said how grateful they are to have the opportunity to attend South Carolina. Then Beamer tries to call him the morning of signing and even text him and no answer. I don’t care if the kid changed his mind but don’t try to make it something it’s not at our cost. The Maryland faithful are commenting how great that high school is supplying talent but yet the Terps have never won anything.
That’s because the best talent from there usually goes elsewhere.

Interesting. I don't feel like Shane would lie about the phone call telling him what was going to happen, but wonder if he actually gains anything (or loses anything) by being so honest about this. Would it have been better to just have alluded to knowing what was up, as opposed to directly calling the kid out? Just something simple like: we were actually expecting this based on information we received after his verbal commitment - and just left it at that?

It obviously needed to be addressed (so USC doesn't look foolish in the eyes of other recruits), but maybe a little too far? Of course, what's done is done. Maybe it's a good thing and I'm just not seeing it?
Good points but I’m of the opinion that in this case Coach is 100% correct in calling out the BS. Sometimes you gotta call it like it is and I believe this situation qualifies….

uhhhhh…. What part of what Beamers source said did you miss. Based on what happened signing day sounds like his source was balls on accurate.
I try to look at both sides of the issue. Beamer gets some information from his anonymous reliable source and calls out an 18 yr. Old kid, his parents, his high school coach and a college coach who all deny any conspiracy. I believe Beamer's story. Did it go down the way his source alleges? I don't know for sure but neither anyone on this site. I guess it depends on what side of the issue you are on. Should have moved on in my opinion.

We honestly just need to stop recruiting MD anyways. If you want LB’s there’s PLENTY of good ones in SEC country, go pull one out of S Florida if you want a sideline to sideline runner. We shouldn’t even be wasting our time in MD or the northeast. They offer NOTHING we can’t get elsewhere.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT