ADVERTISEMENT

So has our coaching window closed already?

RockThrillCock

Aug 9, 2005
Rock Hill
Richt is gone and if Smart is going anywhere it is Georgia. Fuente was like our top 5, he is gone. Herman looks to stay. We went from a lot of hope to what I think is settling. Maybe the Temple coach or ULL coach. We may be surprised to have Elliot given 1 more year. A case, especially with an AD who appreciates friendships can be made that he did. Just not have enough time.

We are still in the contention to get Herman, Richt, Kirby, and Fedorda(I hope not).

Hoping we have Herman signed, sealed, delivered but just not announced. Otherwise the likely moves of Smart to UGA and Fuente to VaTech make our AD appear asleep at the wheel.

Reactions: GamecockJL
Temple coach is probably headed to Mizzou. It's us versus Georgia, Virginia, Miami, Syracuse, USCw, Maryland....rest are not much competition. Georgia takes Smart, we still might get Herman, but it's iffy. If Georgia takes Herman, we get Smart. Frankly, I would try to hire Richt as I explained in another post.

Hoping we have Herman signed, sealed, delivered but just not announced. Otherwise the likely moves of Smart to UGA and Fuente to VaTech make our AD appear asleep at the wheel.
it would tell me we might need to go AD shopping too.

Richt is gone and if Smart is going anywhere it is Georgia. Fuente was like our top 5, he is gone. Herman looks to stay. We went from a lot of hope to what I think is settling. Maybe the Temple coach or ULL coach. We may be surprised to have Elliot given 1 more year. A case, especially with an AD who appreciates friendships can be made that he did. Just not have enough time.

Kirby isn't as done a deal to UGA as some thought, our AD, who hated Richt by the way, is wanting to have control over assistants hiring and it isn't going well. I personally think he is trying to get Dan Mullen to UGA. He wanted to fire Richt, done, he is in the process of making Kirby turn the job down. As for the other guys like Herman, no contact has been made by UGA. But our AD is creating a lot of enemies by his actions this weekend, hopefully he is unemployed by sundown.

Kirby isn't as done a deal to UGA as some thought, our AD, who hated Richt by the way, is wanting to have control over assistants hiring and it isn't going well. I personally think he is trying to get Dan Mullen to UGA. He wanted to fire Richt, done, he is in the process of making Kirby turn the job down. As for the other guys like Herman, no contact has been made by UGA. But our AD is creating a lot of enemies by his actions this weekend, hopefully he is unemployed by sundown.
How have y'all not fired this guy before now?

That sounds crazy. Look I think our AD "indulged" Spurrier to an unwarranted extent, and he also extended him... unearned favors like paying him for the year (along with stuff like that Underarmour contract).

But you can't tell your coach who he can have on his staff. That just does not work. You hire him, and it it doesn't work out after three to five years you fire him. Simple as that. Unless he is going to hire Jerry Sandusky, the coach can hire and fire whoever he wants if it can fit in the budget.

Any other way doesn't work.

Temple coach is probably headed to Mizzou. It's us versus Georgia, Virginia, Miami, Syracuse, USCw, Maryland....rest are not much competition. Georgia takes Smart, we still might get Herman, but it's iffy. If Georgia takes Herman, we get Smart. Frankly, I would try to hire Richt as I explained in another post.
Funny thing is no one knows if Smart even wants to be a head coach.

If we have to keep Elliot after having a 2 month leg up on everyone else for a HC position then Tanner is definitely over his head.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT