ADVERTISEMENT

So if not Muschamp, who? Who do you hire instead of Muschamp that would take the job?

It aint happening and a start over from scratch on relationships for recruiting and offensive and defensive strategy is the last thing we need.

Their are obvious staff changes to be made, why not discuss something more practical

Reactions: 92Pony
Lou Holtz

I see your Lou and raise you a Skip Holtz

usc30cajunec10.JPG

(OK Not sure that really is a raise)

Matt Campbell at Iowa State , Mike Leach , Dino Babers , Josh Heupel , Neal Brown at Troy . Look we gave Muschamp his second chance and benefit of the doubt . Same issues that haunted him at UF are Haunting him now . All the talk of recruiting in roads is invalid . Any coach can come in here and recruit the 11th best class in the SEC . I think if we are happy with .500 and the occasional 8-4 season mixed it then we have our guy . That would be an improvement given our history . The three things that he hung his hat on were intensity , strong defenses and Dynamic Recruiting . Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see the results . He’s a good guy and a hard worker but he is not an SEC football coach plain and simple . I know it’s beating a dead horse but if you can’t win at UF with 5 stars everywhere , what makes us think he can win at USC with 3 Stars . No one else in 100 years has , except Spurrier who is one of the greatest ever . Blame injuries , blame Spurrier , blame Clemson and UGA , blame the Tooth Fairy , You are what your record indicates . Can’t get any more simplistic than that .

Matt Campbell at Iowa State , Mike Leach , Dino Babers , Josh Heupel , Neal Brown at Troy . Look we gave Muschamp his second chance and benefit of the doubt . Same issues that haunted him at UF are Haunting him now . All the talk of recruiting in roads is invalid . Any coach can come in here and recruit the 11th best class in the SEC . I think if we are happy with .500 and the occasional 8-4 season mixed it then we have our guy . That would be an improvement given our history . The three things that he hung his hat on were intensity , strong defenses and Dynamic Recruiting . Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see the results . He’s a good guy and a hard worker but he is not an SEC football coach plain and simple . I know it’s beating a dead horse but if you can’t win at UF with 5 stars everywhere , what makes us think he can win at USC with 3 Stars . No one else in 100 years has , except Spurrier who is one of the greatest ever . Blame injuries , blame Spurrier , blame Clemson and UGA , blame the Tooth Fairy , You are what your record indicates . Can’t get any more simplistic than that .

I do not know the details of the coaches you put together, but I googled each and every one of them. I like them all. GO COCKS

USCALUMNI

Reactions: bankston1
As bad as I hate to say it. Let’s have Muschamp another 2-3 years to establish a few good recruiting classes to lay a decent foundation and then hire someone else to win with his players, but who also will keep recruiting well. We do not need to jump the gun too early to where it will have a major effect on recruiting.

Not sure if this makes much sense or not, but hey....

I like Monken. Like Leach. Like Babers. And I am not defending Muschamp with this as the performance on Saturday shouldn't happen with a program headed in the right direction. But here is the issue no matter who is brought in. The competition. USC had a pretty good recruiting year. But still trails woefully behind most people they need to beat in their own conference, and their arch rival. Now I loved Spurrier, and he took the program to heights never seen before. But though USC improved, it also got lucky. Clemson wasnt yet what they have become. UGA was in the midst of almost being great, but not quite, which eventually cost Richt his job. Florida and Tennessee, were both going through tough times. So the East of the SEC wasn't exactly the murderers row we remember from the era before that. Those days seem to be over. UF is going up under Mullen. UT seems to be on the right path with Pruitt. And like it, or not, Clemson has separated themselves from anybody not named Alabama at this point. And other than those three glorious years under Spurrier, USC has very little success in football traditionally to hang their hat on. Unfortunately, it has mostly been a practice in mediocrity. The truth is, that USC could be the most improved team in the country next year, and still easily go 6-6, 7-5, just because of the schedule. Maybe Muschamp isn't the answer. But who could be? Is there a path anyone sees where USC can leapfrog the traditional powers on it's schedule? My biggest point is who could this program draw when a prospective coach looks at the schedule and sees little upside? It adds to the frustration that two of the elite teams are close neighbors and on the schedule every year. But is there a way to close that gap? Do UGA and Clemson spend money that USC isn't spending? Does USC not have the amount of analyst hidden in the bowels of the football offices that the powers do? It isn't always just the coach. USC has to look at itself and see if it is as committed to football as it's rivals. If it isn't, then do they have the fortitude to do whatever it takes to upset that balance of power? Even if they do, can it be done?

I like Monken. Like Leach. Like Babers. And I am not defending Muschamp with this as the performance on Saturday shouldn't happen with a program headed in the right direction. But here is the issue no matter who is brought in. The competition. USC had a pretty good recruiting year. But still trails woefully behind most people they need to beat in their own conference, and their arch rival. Now I loved Spurrier, and he took the program to heights never seen before. But though USC improved, it also got lucky. Clemson wasnt yet what they have become. UGA was in the midst of almost being great, but not quite, which eventually cost Richt his job. Florida and Tennessee, were both going through tough times. So the East of the SEC wasn't exactly the murderers row we remember from the era before that. Those days seem to be over. UF is going up under Mullen. UT seems to be on the right path with Pruitt. And like it, or not, Clemson has separated themselves from anybody not named Alabama at this point. And other than those three glorious years under Spurrier, USC has very little success in football traditionally to hang their hat on. Unfortunately, it has mostly been a practice in mediocrity. The truth is, that USC could be the most improved team in the country next year, and still easily go 6-6, 7-5, just because of the schedule. Maybe Muschamp isn't the answer. But who could be? Is there a path anyone sees where USC can leapfrog the traditional powers on it's schedule? My biggest point is who could this program draw when a prospective coach looks at the schedule and sees little upside? It adds to the frustration that two of the elite teams are close neighbors and on the schedule every year. But is there a way to close that gap? Do UGA and Clemson spend money that USC isn't spending? Does USC not have the amount of analyst hidden in the bowels of the football offices that the powers do? It isn't always just the coach. USC has to look at itself and see if it is as committed to football as it's rivals. If it isn't, then do they have the fortitude to do whatever it takes to upset that balance of power? Even if they do, can it be done?
Our BOT is the reason our rival is infinitely better than us in football. They have failed us consistently for a century.

Josh Heupel. We could have gotten him much cheaper the first time around. Let's see how he does tomorrow against LSU w/o his QB who was up for Heisman until injury a few games back. On average, they rank typically in the 50s-60s in recruiting.

Matt Campbell at Iowa State , Mike Leach , Dino Babers , Josh Heupel , Neal Brown at Troy.

I think these would all be good picks.

I'm keeping an eye on Mike Norvell. I think he is an up and comer, he's done well at Memphis and I think his star in on the rise. Maybe not a pick today for an immediate need, a-la Miami, but one I would keep in touch with as an AD.

I would go for Jeff Monken. We might never win the Natty, but we would be a feared. Newsflash....we ain't winning the Natty under Muschamp and we are not feared.
I hope this a joke. If we hired an option coach, I would no longer be a fan of the Gamecocks. As hard as it is to say that, I’d rather pull for someone else than watch an option style offense. I actually fell bad for GT fans having to endure that crap for so long. It’s going to take them years to recover from that train wreck...

Reactions: NetworkX
Muschamp will be given another 3-4 years to F-up the deal just like Holbrook was allowed. Tanner will then hire somebody and the whole thing will repeat. At least he was able to land a good baseball coach. One thing you can count on, if Carolina has success in ANYTHING, it will be immediately followed by a nose-dive in to the pits of Hell.

Step 1: You put as much money in a suitcase as you can

Step 2: Fly to Pullman and meet with Mike Leach

Step 3: Remind him how loud that end zone was at South Carolina. Do not get back on the plane without Mike Leach.

Step 4: Give him 2-3 years and enjoy your top 15 ranking.

If this fails: Pay the Syracuse coach Dino Babers. At least he beats Clemson. That’s a start.

I see your Skip and Lou and raise you a Beth Holtz.

Ok you win

For the serious posters, surprised no one says Venebles, Im sure his sons could transfer, yes his defenses would struggle against SEC offenses like Muschamp's but it would hurt Clemson

As a bonus maybe any improprieties that they have been doing would suddenly come to light with a bunch of that staff here.

Ok you win

For the serious posters, surprised no one says Venebles, im sure his sons could transfer, yes his defenses would struggle against SEC offenses like Muschamp's but it would hurt Clemson
If Venables wanted a head coach gig he would of gotten one by now. He has everything he wants with a kid in school and another kid with an offer to Clemson. He said it himself, he’s happy where he is.

Reactions: 6thDanTKD
If Venables wanted a head coach gig he would of gotten one by now. He has everything he wants with a kid in school and another kid with an offer to Clemson. He said it himself, he’s happy where he is.

Correct, in other words he has no higher career aspirations, in love with Dabo

Correct, in other words he has no higher career aspirations, in love with Dabo
I wouldn't exactly say it's a negative thing. He's a huge X-O's type of guy. He's making over $2 million a year to worry about just defense, which from the looks of his sideline antics he's very passionate about.

Reactions: 6thDanTKD
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT