ADVERTISEMENT

So long Thread View at midnight? ***

Correct; it will be a topic view format, however it's a different type of topic view.

I'll encourage everyone to try it and get used to it first before passing any sort of judgment.

Personal example - I used to be a thread view guy. I thought it was crazy to use anything but thread view. I somehow got switched to topic and never looked back.

It's a personal preference thing and some folks will prefer one over the other just like anything in life.

This is the best for this format because thread view just would not have worked on this platform, particularly on mobile. And having a great mobile experience was a huge priority given how many people view the web on mobile now and how many folks wanted us to have a better experience there.

Ditto!!! I've used thread view for 20 years. The new style is horrible

on the national rivals board, and I have always used TOPIC view on the national board. Dropping from fifty topics a page to only fifteen a page is a major reduction. Football season is going to be a mess when you have fifteen posters per minute posting. A topic will roll off the page in no time at all.
At least there are some nice additions on the national board that I presume will carry over to this board. Apparently older posts will remain on the server indefinitely( for now), as well as cut and paste graphics and video.

Re: Ditto!!! I've used thread view for 20 years. The new style is horrible

Originally posted by ruffledfeathers:
on the national rivals board, and I have always used TOPIC view on the national board. Dropping from fifty topics a page to only fifteen a page is a major reduction. Football season is going to be a mess when you have fifteen posters per minute posting. A topic will roll off the page in no time at all.
At least there are some nice additions on the national board that I presume will carry over to this board. Apparently older posts will remain on the server indefinitely( for now), as well as cut and paste graphics and video.
I'm looking at The Main Board right now, and there are fifty topics on the first page on my desktop. It doesn't show same for you?

I have seen the changes and do not like them. I think the site works fine on mobile now. My opinion matters very little I miss the posting that use to occur on both boards. Use to have 100 ' s of post a day seems like now we are under 15 every day.

Originally posted by Chris Clark:

This is the best for this format because thread view just would not have worked on this platform, particularly on mobile. And having a great mobile experience was a huge priority given how many people view the web on mobile now and how many folks wanted us to have a better experience there.
Chris, you do realize this mobile thing is just a fad, right? I am so convinced of it I just replaced my flip phone (it died) and I can't see those tiny words on my new phone anyway. If I don't at least have a 17" laptop to surf, I just don't bother...

And I'm over 55, and change SUCKS.
This post was edited on 4/20 10:46 PM by bogiecock

Originally posted by silverspur4life:
I have seen the changes and do not like them. I think the site works fine on mobile now. My opinion matters very little I miss the posting that use to occur on both boards. Use to have 100 ' s of post a day seems like now we are under 15 every day.
The mobile capability right now is severely lacking, for sure. I'm glad that you enjoyed it in the past, but the new system gives us much more capability (and our readers).

It's not football season, so posts are down more at this point.

The new boards will likely increase posting as well, given that more mobile users will probably jump on.

Originally posted by bogiecock:
Originally posted by Chris Clark:

Chris, you do realize this mobile thing is just a fad, right? I am so convinced of it I just replaced my flip phone (it died) and I can't see those tiny words on my new phone anyway. If I don't at least have a 17" laptop to surf, I just don't bother...

And I'm over 55, and change SUCKS.
This post was edited on 4/20 10:46 PM by bogiecock
Like the internet, right? Haha, just kidding. Seriously though, the numbers indicate that more and more people surf on mobile.

You don't have to use the mobile - you can view on desktop and the new boards have more capability/run faster and better.

They look different, yes. I just encourage you to give them a try first. And ask us any questions along the way.

Yes! It is scrolling all the way down now. That helps a lot! I am

using desktop mode on mobile today.

Great to hear it's working for you.

You're actually not using desktop mode technically, there's just not a dedicated mobile site anymore - it's one size fits all. The site looks the same because it's a responsive design - so it looks the same but works just as well on a mobile or desktop platform.

Enjoy and let us know if you have any questions!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT