ADVERTISEMENT

So, our football recruiting class is ranked 30th overall and 12th in the SEC.

Watson - I've asked both you and Lurker (The Blues Brothers) to come up with a thesis to the AD of why Beamer should be let go today and you can't.

I've asked you to point to coaches in the SEC who do less-with-more on any consistent basis and you can't.

So here's a third request - Come up with NIL/Portal inflows and outflows since Beamer's arrival and make a case for why it's anything but a big net negative for us.

I’ve already told you this. Beamer just went 5-7 with the greatest QB in Gamecock history. He’s not predicted to have a losing season in year 4.

You’re just delaying the inevitable.

lol calling someone else a troll because you can’t really argue that Beamer didn’t underachieve last year with the greatest QB in Gamecock history.

Watson - I've asked both you and Lurker (The Blues Brothers) to come up with a thesis to the AD of why Beamer should be let go today and you can't.

I've asked you to point to coaches in the SEC who do less-with-more on any consistent basis and you can't.

So here's a third request - Come up with NIL/Portal inflows and outflows since Beamer's arrival and make a case for why it's anything but a big net negative for us.

More "We're just always going to suck so it's ok to have a sucky coach" arguments.

Has to be miserable being a fan with this attitude.

More "We're just always going to suck so it's ok to have a sucky coach" arguments.

Has to be miserable being a fan with this attitude.

Both you and Lurker have stated that you're realistic in your expectations in terms of competing with the heavyweights. So the take away is -- If a coach can get you into the TaxSlayer Bowl, your lives will be remodeled. No more hourly/daily criticism. Hope that happens for you. :)

This site needs to give people a chance to indicate "likes" and "not likes", an investment forum and a political forum. Traffic would increase. Just my thoughts.

I think we should have some sort of "quote" function too. So posters can react to what other posters say, instead of just making sh!t up to complain about.

I think we should have some sort of "quote" function too. So posters can react to what other posters say, instead of just making sh!t up to complain about.

Don't you think it's pretty weak that you operate like this? I've seen the engagement between you and other posters and it well exceeds anything b/t you and I. Also, you'll refer to other posters as "she" while you'll avoid making a direct comment to my account? That's pretty ironic.

You're missing you point, Stock. Constructive criticism is perfectly fine. That's not what Watson or Larper do and everyone on this site is well aware of that fact. Most refuse to engage with them at all.
Ward, you say I agree with Watson and Lurker often. And then you say they are not being constructive when they criticize. I then conclude you feel the same about me. All I can say is that whatever I write or like, I post based on my honest thoughts, what I believe to be true. I don't post to stir up people or to cause trouble. What good would that do? Could I be wrong about something? Absolutely. I'm not going to just pull something out of thin air and write it down. That's not how I am here nor in my one-on-one dealings and interactions with people in person.

Reactions: Lurker123
Maybe I am just a pessimist (I am) but I believe 10 years from now, we will be 3 more football coaches down the road and every bit as mediocre as we are today. Maybe the moon and stars align one or two of those years and we are better than decent. In the end, we are a have not and the delta between the haves and have nots is growing bigger every year. Regardless, the football program still brings in lots of sheckels, so there is that.

Maybe I am just a pessimist (I am) but I believe 10 years from now, we will be 3 more football coaches down the road and every bit as mediocre as we are today. Maybe the moon and stars align one or two of those years and we are better than decent. In the end, we are a have not and the delta between the haves and have nots is growing bigger every year. Regardless, the football program still brings in lots of sheckels, so there is that.
I've said it many times: we are going back to the pre-1973 era. If you don't remember how Carolina was in those days, talk to your Grandpa.

I've said it many times: we are going back to the pre-1973 era. If you don't remember how Carolina was in those days, talk to your Grandpa.
Unfortunately, I am old enough where I only have to go back to my dad for that question but point well taken.

I think that's just a natural reaction to being a gamecock fan for any extended period of time. :)

Reactions: stu1cocks
When my dad went to Carolina in the 50's they beat clemson all 4 years he was there.
Who was the coach back then? Giese? If so, I suspect that's why he was given a lifetime contract.

I can remember Carolina football in the 1960s. The first game I went to was in November 1963. My pee wee football coaches took us to see Carolina play Tulane back then. Tulane came into that game I believe with the longest losing streak in the nation. They were awful. But they still beat us. I should have taken that as a hint of things to come.

The stadium seated only about 20,000. But I remember thinking at the time that I had never seen so many people in one place like that. That impressed me.

The 2nd time I went to a Carolina football game was in 1967 I think. A family friend member from our church had a son who played for Carolina as a starting wide receiver. They took me to see the game. We lost that game. I remember that his parents, sister and me went to see him after the game. The first words that came out of his mouth were: "I'm sick and tired of losing".

Last edited:
"I'm sick and tired of losing".
It does make one sick. And it does make one tired. My dad graduated from Brookland-Cayce high school in either 1950 or 51. I want to say 1951 but right now I'm not sure. I don't think PWO was a term back then but the basketball coach invited him to join the team. He played for a year but had to quit due to time constraints. He was working 3 jobs. He graduated with a degree in Chemical Engineering in 4 years. My mother graduated from Oklahoma. Both graduated before they met and got married. I lucked out in life.

Reactions: gamecock stock
History often rhymes. We'll most likely continue to have our ups and downs over time just like any other program. We operate in a 2nd/3rd tier channel in football dictated primarily by talent acquisition.

I know, I know ....NIL...NIL. Well. I suspect we will always be at a disadvantage regarding NIL, unless there is reform. Question: does Shane have the coaching chops to take lesser talented teams to beat the more talented ones?
SPOILER ALERT. Beamer does not have the coaching chops. I think he has already proven this.

Reactions: uscwatson21
You're missing you point, Stock. Constructive criticism is perfectly fine. That's not what Watson or Larper do and everyone on this site is well aware of that fact. Most refuse to engage with them at all.
I will add one more thing. I have communicated privately often with Lurker on another site. I never have with Watson since obviously private communications are not allowed here. Lurker is a really, really good guy. That is my sense of him. Now he might actually be like the "Bandit" in "Smokey And The Bandit", for all I know. But, I doubt it. And I KNOW he wants Carolina to succeed. I find him intelligent. Now he and I have strongly disagreed on non-sports topics in the past. And he presented his side of the argument very well back then and in a constructive manner, even though I disagreed with him. Now you will probably, again, say he and I are one and the same. That's fine. But I know differently as does he. Gotta get back now to managing my investments for the next couple of hours.

Now he and I have strongly disagreed on non-sports topics in the past. And he presented his side of the argument very well back then and in a constructive manner, even though I disagreed with him.

Well, to be completely fair, I do remember getting a little snippy with you at times. But I am glad we went past that. You're a good guy too.

Reactions: Gamecock Jacque
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT