ADVERTISEMENT

So, our football recruiting class is ranked 30th overall and 12th in the SEC.

Ole Miss has a similar situation to Clemson. They have an intimate campus and dedicated alumni. The Oxford area (and Mississippi in general) have become wealthy via land ownership over the past 30-40 years. That's been the hottest property in the South. Comparing us to Ole Miss or Clemson is like comparing a private airport to a public one. Our comparables are more like Starksville, Raleigh or Blacksburg.

Now you're claiming that land in Oxford MS and Clemson SC are more valuable than land in Columbia, SC?

Now you're claiming that land in Oxford MS and Clemson SC are more valuable than land in Columbia, SC?

Clemson had over $210 million in donations in ONE YEAR with a significant portion allocated to the AD. We typically don't even do 20% of that. And our big donors like Rice and Moore (former) have their money allocated to specific schools within the University -- not the AD.

https://news.clemson.edu/clemson-celebrates-another-record-breaking-fundraising-year-in-fy22/

Coley was a good hire. He got a better offer from a school with better players and more football tradition.

Would be NO DIFFERENT if the howling monkeys got their imaginary coach. Not sure how many times they need to see it to understand.

It's money. Period.

Coley was a good hire. He got a better offer from a school with better players and more football tradition.

Would be NO DIFFERENT if the howling monkeys got their imaginary coach. Not sure how many times they need to see it to understand.

It's money. Period.

Then we should be even more alarmed that no one else wants to hire Beamer, right?

• Haha
Reactions: Lurker123

It's money. Period.

I do agree with the little crybaby's first paragraph.

This is where we are now (and where we've really always been). We are not a top tier team, and they will take from us what they want.

The idea now is to go find another coach. Maybe he'll be snatched up too.

If we do a good job, he probably will be at some point.

Better that than to hire someone no one else wants, just on the chance they'll stay longer.

Edit: This is actually sort of a compliment to the hire we made. It's the first time someone else thought enough of one of our coaches to come and take them.

Last edited:
Reactions: uscwatson21
Then we should be even more alarmed that no one else wants to hire Beamer, right?

No, you should be alarmed with the talent deficiency and that people would rather cry like a bunch of nancy kerrigans on the internet 24/7/365 than give even a little money. But that requires skin in the game.

The top coaches are going to go where the talent is. To get talent, you need NIL money.

It really IS that simple. Money runs the world. Not sure how anybody thinks college football is any different. You can hire the best CEO in the world for your startup. Without money, it won't mean shit.

No, you should be alarmed with the talent deficiency and that people would rather cry like a bunch of nancy kerrigans on the internet 24/7/365 than give even a little money. But that requires skin in the game.

The top coaches are going to go where the talent is. To get talent, you need NIL money.

It really IS that simple. Money runs the world. Not sure how anybody thinks college football is any different. You can hire the best CEO in the world for your startup. Without money, it won't mean shit.

So we shouldn’t be alarmed that the people who have money and can hire great coaches have no interest in our current HC?

If they don’t feel confident that Beamer could win with more money, why do you think Beamer can win with more money?

So we shouldn’t be alarmed that the people who have money and can hire great coaches have no interest in our current HC?

If they don’t feel confident that Beamer could win with more money, why do you think Beamer can win with more money?
No one comes after Dabo either. But you don’t cry about that

One has multiple national championships. One is starting to look like he's in way over his head. What other comparison means anything?

There's that. But in this case, many people didn't go after Dabo because they knew they couldn't get him. I think we all know that's not really the case with Beamer.

No one will remember this thread at the time, but I will be I terested to see where Beamer lands if/when his time here ends.

There's that. But in this case, many people didn't go after Dabo because they knew they couldn't get him. I think we all know that's not really the case with Beamer.

No one will remember this thread at the time, but I will be I terested to see where Beamer lands if/when his time here ends.
If the roles were reversed some of our fans would turn that into something positive. Dablow just really, I mean really wants to be here. 🙂

• Haha
Dabo has an advantage in that he is coaching a major league team in a minor league. It would be interesting to see how Clemson and Dabo would do in the SEC. Jimbo Fisher found out that having a squad full of 5 stars will take you only so far in the big leagues.

Look at the rosters. No way Beamer should have ever been close to beating Dabo, yet he did. In epic fashion.
I thought I knew what epic meant. Apparently not. In 3 tries against the taters Beamer has lost 20-0, won 31-30, and lost 16-7. Epic like when a blind squirrel finds a nut? That kind of epic? Being outscored 66-38 in 3 tries kind of epic?
Now I remember you. Satterfield was one of the worst coaches in our school history and you wanted to make out with him. Now it’s Beamer I suppose. What is it with you and bad coaches? No wonder nobody takes you seriously.

Last edited:
I thought I knew what epic meant. Apparently not. In 3 tries against the taters Beamer has lost 20-0, won 31-30, and lost 16-7. Epic like when a blind squirrel finds a nut? That kind of epic? Being outscored 66-38 in 3 tries kind of epic?
Now I remember you. Satterfield was one of the worst coaches in our school history and you wanted to make out with him. Now it’s Beamer I suppose. What is it with you and bad coaches? No wonder nobody takes you seriously.
Oh yeah, failed to mention that 2 out of 3 of those epic games Beamer supposedly had the home field advantage. 🙂

Last edited:

Broke Clemson's 40 game home winning streak.
Hadn't lost at home since 2016. Over 6 years.
Nobody on their team, including the seniors, had lost at home.
Those senior's last memory of Death Valley was a loss to South Carolina.
Ended the 7 games Clemson rivalry winning streak.
Prevented Dabo from getting a rivalry record 8 wins in a row.
Knocked Clemson out of the playoffs.

That win was epic in every sense of the word. We have a coach that can win given the talent. Even win sometimes when we don't. All we need is more talent.

Reactions: Ward Jr
Oh yeah, failed to mention that 2 out of 3 of those epic games Beamer supposedly had the home field advantage. 🙂

Home field advantage? LOL

You think that overcomes Clemson having 7 five stars to our 2 five stars and 49 four stars to our 24 four stars?

Ridiculous.

Don't get me wrong, beating Clemson at their place was great. When we got that last fumble I flew off my couch because I knew we had won. But the reasons you give made it an epic LOSS for them.

Don't get me wrong, beating Clemson at their place was great. When we got that last fumble I flew off my couch because I knew we had won. But the reasons you give made it an epic LOSS for them.

Bullshit. We beat them fair and square. The entire sports world was talking about how we won, not how they lost.

No, let the idiot yap. Moron just admitted we already have the coach they claim we need. LOL

Or you just admitted coaching makes a difference while previously claiming it didn't.

I guess you didn't even realize that part.

No surpise you contradicted your own argument. Lol

Who the f said we didn't beat them fair and square. It's like I'm speaking Chinese to an f'in tree. There's got to be something wrong with you. How about you don't talk to me and I won't talk to you. Sound good? JFC!

Whatever, clown. You tried to downplay our EPIC WIN by saying it was just an EPIC LOSS by Clemson. The old "we didn't beat them, they beat themselves" steaming pile of tater bullshit.

F off. It was one of the best rivalry wins in HISTORY. PERIOD. EPIC WIN in EVERY sense of the word.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT