ADVERTISEMENT

So the Buffalo riot squad resigned today....

And see here is the problem. If you are RIOT POLICE and you are "on edge" (lol) from getting pelted with bricks, rocks, and frozen water bottles, it's time to find a new line of work. Professional law enforcement don't enter situations like that "on edge" and let their emotions dictate their actions.

Perhaps it's time to defund the riot police and just train the regular police to be less on edge when people throw things on them.

That's like saying soldiers should not be on edge during battle. Have you ever been shot at? Ever had bricks and rocks thrown at you be an angry mob?
They're human beings, not Robocops.

Reactions: gamecockfan04
Call me "conservative" but I prefer my state police to be so small and well-managed that zero innocent people are murdered in their own homes. I mean, that's an achievable goal. It's called knocking.
I hate murder too, and I'm all for knocking. How many police would you hire per capita? What size is ideal?

Systematic racism is a Farce.. The only racism in this country is perpetrated by a miniscule amount of just bad people.. Give me some numbers that supports your argument... You have been told this lie for so long that you have to believe it but the fact don't support it.

No. It’s not a farce. It’s quite obvious. Ironically, the more people make arguments like yours, the more entrenched it seems to be.

there is a great video online about how prevalent systematic racism is and how pervasive it is in our culture, so much so that people overlook it and don’t even recognize it., even in simple things like redlining and the way schools are funded.

thankfully, most elected elders understand this now, even conservative ones.

Or--picture this! Police are murdering people in the streets in broad daylight on camera. Police are kicking down doors and murdering innocent people sleeping in their own beds. Police are going to the wrong apartments and murdering the people inside without a second thought. God, can you imagine and state-sanctioned police force behaving in such a manner?
That's 3 out of 340000000.. Looks bad until you put it into context.. You make it sound like it's some kind of black hunger games out there

No. It’s not a farce. It’s quite obvious. Ironically, the more people make arguments like yours, the more entrenched it seems to be.

there is a great video online about how prevalent systematic racism is and how pervasive it is in our culture, so much so that people overlook it and don’t even recognize it., even in simple things like redlining and the way schools are funded.

thankfully, most elected elders understand this now, even conservative ones.
Local black politicians gets rich off of perpetrating this nonsense.. Do you think school choice is a good or bad thing

Local black politicians gets rich off of perpetrating this nonsense.. Do you think school choice is a good or bad thing

It has nothing to do with “black politicians.” You sound like you have your own problem with race and black elected leaders - as if white politicians don’t ever get rich off of perpetuating nonsense.

I think public school choice is great. All 3 of my children attended private school and public school.

As the husband of a long time educator who worked 13 years in private schools and is now in her 11th year in public school, I have a fundamental philosophical disagreement with public tax money being used for private schools.

Sorry, you're right, it was 3 to 1.

"Not being to agile fell back."

What the actual ****. When someone gets raped do you say, "Not being quick enough they got ****ed."

If you want to make this an analogy of a woman getting raped...that woman took her clothes off and bent over doggy style in front of your rapist.

Reactions: kidrobinski
If you want to make this an analogy of a woman getting raped...that woman took her clothes off and bent over doggy style in front of your rapist.

Whoa there Mr. Rapey! If a woman did that, she'd be committing indecent exposure or something like that.

But hold on, because I know this is gonna stun the Trumpsters in the room--that doesn't mean it's okay to rape her, and if she was raped, she would still be the victim.

**** it's like the stone-age in here.

Reactions: Rollerdude123
Call me "conservative" but I prefer my state police to be so small and well-managed that zero innocent people are murdered in their own homes. I mean, that's an achievable goal. It's called knocking.

That was a no-knock policy that led to a tragic mistake, not "systematic racism". You can argue policy and I might agree with you, but to someone draw the line to racism I can't agree with. Everything bad that happens to a black person isn't racism.

That's like saying soldiers should not be on edge during battle. Have you ever been shot at? Ever had bricks and rocks thrown at you be an angry mob?
They're human beings, not Robocops.

Say it with me slowly: these are not soldiers. This is not battle. This is American soil. These are American citizens.

If protesting puts officers on edge, no wonder they're so trigger happy in other situations. They are beating and savaging innocent Americans in the street. When confronted with, say, a brown criminal, no wonder they just kneel on his neck and snuff him out--they're so on edge.

I hate murder too, and I'm all for knocking. How many police would you hire per capita? What size is ideal?

Glad we agree!

That was a no-knock policy that led to a tragic mistake, not "systematic racism". You can argue policy and I might agree with you, but to someone draw the line to racism I can't agree with. Everything bad that happens to a black person isn't racism.

When does a tragic mistake become a pattern? When does a pattern become a symptom of a systemic issue?

Say it with me slowly: these are not soldiers. This is not battle. This is American soil. These are American citizens.

If protesting puts officers on edge, no wonder they're so trigger happy in other situations. They are beating and savaging innocent Americans in the street. When confronted with, say, a brown criminal, no wonder they just kneel on his neck and snuff him out--they're so on edge.

Glad we agree!

Easy solution. Don't be a criminal.

Am I taking crazy pills? Why are "conservatives" so interested in having a police force that is as big, as bad, and as free to what it wants as possible?

Can someone explain to me (for real) how that isn't like, the opposite of having a conservative government control?

Reactions: Johnnie Cockran
When does a tragic mistake become a pattern? When does a pattern become a symptom of a systemic issue?

When it happens to more than just a handful of people in a country of 1/3 of billion people.

You expect perfection for the police. Are you perfect? Is any human perfect?

Am I taking crazy pills? Why are "conservatives" so interested in having a police force that is as big, as bad, and as free to what it wants as possible?

Can someone explain to me (for real) how that isn't like, the opposite of having a conservative government control?

You aren’t crazy,

do you recall under Obama all the Nutty right wingers (Not normal conservative people) on social media That would post pictures of a convoy of military equipment coming through some small town and they’d say stuff like ...

“Obama is preparing some military operation to take away rights”. Or some other nonsense?

They were scared to death. They would make countless posts about the rights of Americans (they were Really only concerned with their own rights) being infringed by military action on our own soil.

Actual local news stations, in some cases, had to debunk the theories and report that it was just routine military exercises near military bases like you’d see anytime, like I’ve seen many times under Trump.

those same hypocrites are now suddenly ok with US Military members using equipment designed for war zones on American citizens that they hate.

Last edited:
But that is what the left wants. They want people to the point where we are screaming at each other.

Do you understand what an analogy is?
"Beating and savaging innocent Americans in the street"....

Glad we agree!

Obviously you don't understand analogies.

Another typical liberal, taking a single statement made by someone and attempting to elevate it to a ridiculous level. Beating and savaging in the street? Stop with the always a victim mentality. Personal responsibility, common sense and situational awareness is invaluable but often unused. The old man has every right to protest, but he was out of line approaching officers as he was instructed to back up. I hardly ever side with the police, but in this case the old guy was wrong. Its sad that he was injured but he could have easily avoided the situation.

Another typical liberal, taking a single statement made by someone and attempting to elevate it to a ridiculous level. Beating and savaging in the street? Stop with the always a victim mentality. Personal responsibility, common sense and situational awareness is invaluable but often unused. The old man has every right to protest, but he was out of line approaching officers as he was instructed to back up. I hardly ever side with the police, but in this case the old guy was wrong. Its sad that he was injured but he could have easily avoided the situation.

I’m glad their superiors disagree with you.

I’m glad their superiors disagree with you.

Do they really have a choice? What would happen if the two officers were not suspended? More riots.
Its possible that the man and the two police officers were both wrong. The man should've exercised a little common sense, while the officer who pushed him could've exercised a little self control. But again, the entire situation could've been avoided. Approaching police in riot gear is a really dumb move. The cop's reaction was way out of line but why would anyone with half a brain put themselves in that situation?

So what’s the answer. How big or small should it be? What’s the number of cops per capita that you would like to see?

Well it's a shitty analogy.

A literal army of cops in riot gear getting put on edge by American protesters on domestic soil is like J.C. Penney employees getting put on edge by Black Friday customers.

So what’s the answer. How big or small should it be? What’s the number of cops per capita that you would like to see?

As. Small. As. Possible.

You know you're just being silly expecting me to produce some sort of exact number. Not my job, my guy.

Here is something I learned as a child; don’t f&$@ with the police. They have guns, they can kill you, leave them alone.
i think that’s the problem society is burdened with. hence the protesting “against police brutality”. he’s a martyr for the cause and no doubt proud of it. we need police to be more civil in their obligation to civil duties. he had the right to be there as a free american.

Disagree , why should cops have to put up with some pimple face white boy screaming F- u , F -u , up in his or her face. Throw them down and arrest them.
what the hell country do you live in? freedom of speech and freedom of travel on public property are rights to everyone. this video shows excessive policing via “show of force” when there were just a handful of people around the area. noone was looting, there was no riot. just a bunch of thugs with badges retaliating against the public demonstrations because freedom is giving them an ass whipping right now and they hate it all across the us. this fake ass military march should be illegal if you’re making non criminals move or leave the area. you only have to have a high school degree and some online criminal justice classes to be a cop.

Such a typical liberal answer. Where’s your facts and figures?... my guy.

:rolleyes: Our civilized neighbors to the north are getting the job done with fewer than 200 police officers per 100,000. people.

this fake ass military march should be illegal if you’re making non criminals move or leave the area. you only have to have a high school degree and some online criminal justice classes to be a cop.

This... the cops are creating an unnecessary power struggle that they then have to win. Why even create that situation?

Reactions: be cocky

Because we want law and order. Have you even be paying attention to the death and destruction in the last week?

Now we have 12 people dead in the "peaceful" protests. I guess their lives didn't matter.

:rolleyes: Our civilized neighbors to the north are getting the job done with fewer than 200 police officers per 100,000. people.

This... the cops are creating an unnecessary power struggle that they then have to win. Why even create that situation?
because they can, and they forgot that the citizens have the power.

Well it's a shitty analogy.

A literal army of cops in riot gear getting put on edge by American protesters on domestic soil is like J.C. Penney employees getting put on edge by Black Friday customers.
Except that several police lost their lives in the riots (spare me the "protester" bull shite; protesters don't throw bricks and frozen water bottles).

You come off as one of those privileged little snots working concessions at pro sporting events.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT