ADVERTISEMENT

So what is Beamers style? Offense, defense, philosophy

Bucs90

Sep 22, 2019
We knew under Spurrier we’d Fun n Gun
We knew Muschamp was supposed to be the defense guru
We knew what HC style Chadwell or Freeze would have brought

What should we expect from Beamer? Play style, schemes, philosophy? Where can we read up on it

Reactions: Cock-a-Doo
he doesn't have any or have a clue, he is just going to be a cheerleader/ceo coach while the assistants do all the work

Reactions: polo-loco
Serious question. I saw his job history. Hes been an assistant at a lot of places. Never been a HC or coordinator but sometimes job titles can be deceiving....has he ever had play calling duties at any of those places?

Most head coaches don't call plays, I'm not sure why play calling experience would be a big deal.

Obviously, with no track record, there isn’t a set answer. I expect to see an offense with roots in the Air Raid system, though.

What should we expect from Beamer? Play style, schemes, philosophy? Where can we read up on it

We learned that Champ is not a defensive guru. He's nothing of the sort. He's just what the doctor ordered if you're on the other side of the ball.

Reactions: THMoore100
it has also been reported multiple times he went to OU specifically to learn Riley’s system

giphy.gif

we just don't know.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT