ADVERTISEMENT

So with Jake announced as the starter

Cocky4SC

Dec 2, 2014
Spartanburg SC
How long into the game do fans go without getting restless and calling for Scar? I have nothing against Jake and think he has been a good leader for this team, however, Scar looked like he belonged on the field Saturday and commanded the game. He out-dueled a top five qb in the SEC and lead us on a final minute drive to win the game.

I'm afraid if we lose on Saturday with JB as the starter, I think you will start seeing more and more people fed up with the direction the program is going and calling for some heads to roll. The very definition of insane... doing the same thing over and over and thinking that a different result will happen. Here is Jake's opportunity to win a "big" game... unfortunately, I don't see him being the one to do it... Give me Scar until he proves he can't compete.

How long into the game do fans go without getting restless and calling for Scar? I have nothing against Jake and think he has been a good leader for this team, however, Scar looked like he belonged on the field Saturday and commanded the game. He out-dueled a top five qb in the SEC and lead us on a final minute drive to win the game.

I'm afraid if we lose on Saturday with JB as the starter, I think you will start seeing more and more people fed up with the direction the program is going and calling for some heads to roll. The very definition of insane... doing the same thing over and over and thinking that a different result will happen. Here is Jake's opportunity to win a "big" game... unfortunately, I don't see him being the one to do it... Give me Scar until he proves he can't compete.

Jake turns the ball over too much. I think this is a mistake.

Reactions: Pole and sadd66
Muschamp got caught with his pants down last Saturday. All this hoopla about "Scarnechia isn't game ready, nobody behind Jake is game ready, the best players will play, blah blah blah". Then Scar goes out and not only looks competent, it makes Muschamp look like a dope for never putting him into a game when we were behind to see if he could generate a spark. I mean for crying out loud he had Jake out there hobbling around like he was in a two legged sack race. Scarnechia finally comes in only because Jake can't walk. I think Muschamp is losing credibility with some fans. Is he really telling the truth about Belk not being in shape yet too? Who else is he holding back because of silly reasons?

He said "IF" he's healthy he'll start. Not that he is going to start. I, along with others, think you play the healthy card this week. That gives him 2 weeks to get "healed" before UT comes to town.
I HOPE he's playing it sly like Spurrier did before the Clemson game in 2012 when he kept hinting Connor would start but he knew all along he was starting Dylan. If not then oh boy, this could get bad.

Muschamp got caught with his pants down last Saturday. All this hoopla about "Scarnechia isn't game ready, nobody behind Jake is game ready, the best players will play, blah blah blah". Then Scar goes out and not only looks competent, it makes Muschamp look like a dope for never putting him into a game when we were behind to see if he could generate a spark. I mean for crying out loud he had Jake out there hobbling around like he was in a two legged sack race. Scarnechia finally comes in only because Jake can't walk. I think Muschamp is losing credibility with some fans. Is he really telling the truth about Belk not being in shape yet too? Who else is he holding back because of silly reasons?

Dude, chill.
Coach Muschamp wants to win games more than you can imagine. He will play the guy that gives us the best chance.

Yeah, you are probably right. Fans on internet message boards usually know more than anybody else.
A fan called into the Spurrier call-in show and gave him the idea to run the route against Clemson in 2013 that put the game away.

That's total BS. As reported in several articles, Bentley was cleared to play last week and it was Muschamp who held him out. Quit trying to run down our coach especially when you have to make up crap to do it.

That's total BS. As reported in several articles, Bentley was cleared to play last week and it was Muschamp who held him out. Quit trying to run down our coach especially when you have to make up crap to do it.
So he was cleared to play but Muschamp felt like he couldn't protect himself? Does that make sense to you? Nobody is running down Muschamp, I'm going by HIS words.

Reactions: Sumptacock
A&M isn't exactly a pass-defense juggernaut either. They're currently just inside Top 100, allowing over 244 YPG through the air. They have also played Clemson and Alabama, so those may be skewed a bit.

Bad news- they're 4th in the country in rush defense.

I HOPE he's playing it sly like Spurrier did before the Clemson game in 2012 when he kept hinting Connor would start but he knew all along he was starting Dylan. If not then oh boy, this could get bad.

Yeah but their is no difference really in their stylers of play that would warrant a major change in preparation for A&M. There was a big difference in Dylans and Connors.

A&M isn't exactly a pass-defense juggernaut either. They're currently just inside Top 100, allowing over 244 YPG through the air. They have also played Clemson and Alabama, so those may be skewed a bit.

Bad news- they're 4th in the country in rush defense.
Doesn’t matter if you’re routinely throwing into triple coverage.

Reactions: Cocky4SC
So he was cleared to play but Muschamp felt like he couldn't protect himself? Does that make sense to you? Nobody is running down Muschamp, I'm going by HIS words.
Yes, it makes sense....especially when use realize he lost his top two QBs for the year due to injury during his third year at UF. Had a pretty good season going up until that point.

Yes, it makes sense....especially when use realize he lost his top two QBs for the year due to injury during his third year at UF. Had a pretty good season going up until that point.
He also wasn't blessed with a Senior backup like he is here. He just hasn't used him effectively. No way in the world Scar shouldn't have seen the field until last week. I don't count those dumb plays where he kneels it down or hands it off once ever couple years. Kid attempted ONE pass in his career before Saturday. How many times have we looked so sad that we could have used a spark on offense over the years? Tons! What, was Muschamp worried about losing worse to UGA? Or losing worse to Kentucky?

Dude, chill.
Coach Muschamp wants to win games more than you can imagine. He will play the guy that gives us the best chance.
He will play the guy he _thinks_will give us the best chance to win. I don't doubt Muschamp's drive to win. It's his evaluation of talent, specifically at the QB position, that gives us concern.

Ahem! Excuse me, folks, but Muschamp really doesn't know enough about Offense and the qb position to demand from his OC playing time for Scar - this was BEFORE Jake's injury which FORCED the Offensive coaches to play Scarnecchia.

Reactions: rogue cock
Wow....we may have the only damned coach in the country who decides who all the starters are. He must be an effin' genius!!!

I agree, QB play must be solid- regardless of whoever plays this week. But, if we don’t block, tackle, catch, and execute better- it won’t matter anyway.

Point is- this team has lots of deficiencies. Must improve in all areas to win ANY of the rest of our games. Our QB play is not the reason we lost to GA, or KY. A contributing factor certainly, but only part of the comprehensive problem.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT